Status: Active :D

Planning My Love Life

Chapter 2

Benedict really is an angel! I pulled of a theme for the event, the colours and all, we chose a place for the dinner event, the meals…just perfect! Thank you shyness for taking a day off when I met him! Still, I suck at social events. Planning them doesn’t exactly mean that I can socialize, I just make them happen!
Eventually, after many hours of being stressed with the little details and several hours of near hair-pulling, I managed to structure something. I even watched some of the previous events to make sure the Bafta’s event this year would be unique. When I looked at the time, it was already 4:30am.
“God, this can’t get any worse…” Just as I finished my sentence, while lazily laid on my bed, nearly melting, my phone rings…
I’m seriously starting to hate technology. Sure it made us evolve and what not, but I’m pretty sure technology has a conspiracy against me so I can die a workaholic!
“Hello…” I am about to fall asleep, so unless it’s someone offering me 1 billion dollars, I wasn’t really in the mood to talk.
“Hey, Rory, it’s Carlie!” Yey, i’m bursting with joy to hear someone from work calling me this early (NOT!) “I know I shouldn’t be calling at this hour, but this is really important. Mr. Anderson sent me a message just now, saying that he wants the dinner event done by tomorrow night. And a full report by the end of the week.”
She sounded like I can do that in just one day! Why not? The freaking royal wedding would be much easier! Hey Harry, want to marry? I’m here to plan your wedding, mate! I’ll even arrange you a bride!
I sigh heavily and rub my eyes, sleep is really getting to me.
“Sure, I’ll see what I can do. G’night.” I turned my phone off and fell asleep. 3 hours of sleep and a lot of coffee will have to pull me together, or else!
The next morning, I got up and went to check myself in the mirror. Dear god, I look like a freaking zombie. Hey, maybe I should change the theme of the Bafta's to a
Zombie walk or something like it, cus I will look awful if I keep working like this.
After getting ready, I made a quick breakfast, Pancakes and Coffee, and I started my walk to work. Maybe I should live there, since I'm always working now, I could
just camp there, would save me so much trouble.
Holding my folders against me, I ended up crashing into someone. Yey for not looking at where I'm going.
"Oh god, I am so so so sorry. I wasn't looking at where I was going".
"No problem darling, I'm a strong man. ehehehehe" I looked up to see one of the most gorgeous man I ever saw my whole life. He had black curly hair, blue eyes?
or green, I couldn't tell. And a fantastic bone structure.
I just stared at him for a bit longer than I should have, grabbed my folders and just kept walking, leaving him there with no more explanations.
Way to be awkward Rory!
After arriving at the office, Carlie waved at me and said she needed to talk to me.
“Hey Carlie, you wanted to talk to me?”
“Yup, I wanted to ask you if you already have a date for the BAFTA’s.” she smiled at me. OH MY GOD,I FORGOT THE DATE. Let me drown in a pool of shame. I must have been doing a weird face because Carlie was laughing at me, that woman knew me like a book.
Guess I’ll have to create someone in my secret lab, but now I have far more important things to do. Deciding to check my files, I verified that I now had a restaurant, a chef, table decorations, guest list, music, security guards… Now I just needed to focus on the event itself. After a few hours, I had called a few photographers, and I was just about to start thinking about the decoration when I noticed that my boss was walking up to my desk. What will it be this time?
“Rory, you have been here for 4 hours now. It’s past your lunch time! Go eat woman, I don’t want you passing out during work”
Yeah yeah, he just cares about me cus I’m doing all the work this time. I checked my mobile for messages and I had one from Benedict, he always has the habit to message me everyday, he’s a sweetheart.
“Hey, want to have lunch again? Don’t bring any work this time! ;)”
I replied saying that I was just leaving and that we could meet at Starbucks, which was just across the street, because I wasn’t hungry at all.
When I arrived downstairs, he was already there.
I was going to wave at him but he just randomly hugged me. Okayy then…
“Feeling needy, are we?” I said, smiling at him.
“Can’t I hug my best friend now? Is that a crime?” he put his hand in front of his mouth, pretending to be shocked. I punched him in his arm and he just pouted like a little kid. Did I mention that I used to have a crush on Ben? Nope? Well, now I did. He is just too nice for his own good, and it’s hard not to love him.
We sat down, drank some coffee and talked about his current work, and when I looked at the clock it was already time to go back to work.
I spend the rest of the afternoon fixing some details for the main event, and ended up with pretty solid ideas, I think I’ll be okay, even though I’m extremely tired.
When I got home that night, I decided I would relax a bit, so I took a bubble bath and sat down on the couch reading and drinking some tea. At around 11pm, I went to bed and even turned off my phone. An early night would do miracles to me.