Status: Active :D

Planning My Love Life

Chapter 4

Thank god I was home, shame and embarrassment are following me everywhere I go. How can that happen so often, in such a short amount of time? I didn’t know I could cause so much trouble.
I’m feeling pretty strange about all of this, I mean, I was rude to Tom Hiddleston, Ben that close to me for a… or maybe it’s just the flu I woke up with. Yeah, the flu.
So now, I’m in my bed, trying to get up, because this is the last week before the preparations for the Bafta’s and I have this huge and important meeting with some people responsible, so I can show them what I’ve prepared. (It’s a work of art! They have to love it!)
I really need to look sharp for this meeting, but with a runny red nose and sore throat, I doubt that I’ll shine. I get up from my bed with a headache, I’m feeling sort of feverish, but I have to try and go to work. I take a quick shower, cover the bags under my eyes and dress something nice: some jeans, white blouse and black blazer with my favourite black shoes. And I can’t forget my work bag. Not too casual, not too formal, just perfect!
While I’m walking to work, my phone buzzes in my pocket, it reads: 7 unread messages!
“Hey, good luck for the meeting, you’re going to do great. I have to ask you something later, call me :)”
The first one was from Benny boy. I feel nervous and I’m only looking at my phone. Oh God what do I do?? What if it has to do with the awkward moment at Polyvore? Oh my God, what if it’s worse?!
I decide to think about that later, so I just read the other messages, while wiping my nose with a tissue. Two of them were from my mom, which was unusual, two from my assistant and the other two were from my boss.
I decided to call my assistant, just in case I had been fired before time or something.
“Hey, Carlie, I’m sorry, just seen the texts. What’s going on?”
“Mr. Anderson wants to see the presentation before the Bafta’s representants come. Hey, are you sick?” She seems tired, but who doesn’t these days?
“Ok, got that! Yeah, I am, but don’t worry I’m on my way.” I reply and I put my phone back on my bag.
Pull yourself together Rory. You’re sick and you have to make a presentation in front of tones of people that will look like the Royal Family when you get there…Oh god, I still need a date!
“How did it go?” He asks as soon as he hears me picking up the phone.
Ben is way happier than me. How can someone be this cheerful in the morning?
“I think they liked it, oh my god, I think I just survived the event organizer’s apocalypse!” I’m nearly melting on my desk, with my head laid on it, almost falling asleep. I’m rubbing my eyes trying to keep myself awake, not that it’s really working, but I still try.
“Rory, what’s going on? Are you sick, dear?” He’s obviously worried. From the rustle sounds I hear from his side, I can tell that whatever he was doing was just put on hold, because he may as well be on his way to get me.
“I’m fine, trust me, it’s just a cold, flu, whatever. Don’t worry.” Why the hell am I smiling? This isn’t funny…I’m not going to show up at the Bafta’s with a runny nose and a purse filled with tissues…
And then it hit me! I’m a genius! My own body protects itself from social events! YES! Now I don’t have to feel embarrassed or anything to ask someone to be my date because I don’t have to go!
After a long discussion, I asked Ben not to come, even though he wanted to, I told him, my assistant would take me home and I’d stay home for the rest of the night, taking my most deserved break.
Instead of bothering Carlie and since she still had some work to do and I didn’t, I decided to walk home. Boy, do I feel good! I owned that presentation! I don’t have to show up to the Bafta’s! (I’ll probably shove that opportunity on Carlie)
For once, for like brief moments, life was good, but then, I saw someone familiar while I was walking home. Have I ignored you before? It’s probably just my mind playing tricks, I mean, after all I’m sick…I need 24Hs of sleep, loads of Nutella and my computer with internet connection to power up again.
All of those thoughts were really necessary? I just bumped into the person! Damn you, Rory!
I was now sitting on the floor because I felt like I just hit a brick wall.
“I’m so sorry, are you okay?” that voice… I know that voice…
Oh god no, you got to be kidding me! Maybe I’m just hallucinating.
I look up (since everyone is taller than me) and it's him, of course it's him! My life doesn't suck enough, so I just have to embarrass myself everyday.
“It looks like I keep getting in your way.” I notice his phone on his hand, so I assume he was looking at it before bumping into me. He’s awfully nice; I can’t even get mad at him! I mean is that even possible?
"It's not your fault. I was the one who bumped into you, AGAIN!" I laugh nervously. He offers his hand to help me up and I gladly take it, fixing my clothes and grabbing my stuff right away.
After helping me up I notice his intrigued expression.
“You don’t look so good, are you okay?” he probably noticed the red nose. Le gasp! Or maybe he just called me ugly!! Nah, I’m just messed up because of the cold.
“Oh, it’s just a cold, been working too much and all.” I said, I felt like I was blushing but I don’t think he noticed.
After a few seconds of awkward silence, he laughed and just stared at the floor rubbing his neck.
"Well, you keep bumping into me. Must be destiny, eh?" I just nodded and then my phone buzzed in my pocket. I excused myself and picked it up, it was Benneh.

*Phone call*
R- Hello?
B- Rory, my dearest. How are you feeling? Need me to come over?
R- I’m fine, I think I just fixed myself, don’t worry. Hey, I had a little problem and I’m sorting it out, can you call me later?
B- Oh, okay… By the way, I wanted to tell you some good news!
R- Tell me! I’m in need of some good news.
B- I’m officially not single anymore! She’s called Amanda, and she’s amazing. You have to meet her sometime!”
R- Oh my god! I’m so happy for you, Benneh! Sure, I’d love to meet her!
B- I’ll arrange something later, okay? Bye, honey!
R- Bye!

I put my cell phone back in my bag. I’m happy for Benny boy, I mean he deserves to be happy and it actually takes all of my worries of him falling for me away. Not that I didn’t like the idea, but because I see him more as a big brother!
I look at Tom, how can a man look this gorgeous? God, what am I thinking?? Rory, pull yourself together woman!
“Sorry for the interruption.” He smiles at me; I guess the interruption meant nothing then.
“It’s okay, dear. Don’t worry about it, ehehehe.” God, his laugh is so cute!
“Hey, I don’t know what are you doing today, but…Would you like to join me for coffee? I live just a few blocks away. Unless you think it’s weird that I’m just asking you to come to my house as if you’re some old friend.” Oh…my…god! Did I just say that?! Can I panic? Is it time to panic?
I just asked him to go to my house! I’m going senile! Now he’ll think I’m a weirdo and that is a very noticeable characteristic of my personality!
“Sure dear, I will take your offer. I guess we can be classified as acquaintances at least. You’ve bumped into me twice and you hung up on me, ehehehehe. I’ll take that as an official apology!” Well, at least I can redeem myself for being rude to the guy!
I just lowered my head in shame and started walking to my apartment, him walking right beside me.
After arriving at my place, I told him to sit down while I would make the coffee. He was looking around. I admit that I was sort of spying on him and nearly spilled all of the coffee on the floor.