Status: Active :D

Planning My Love Life

Chapter 6

Oi? A double date? No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no! I'm Rory Williams, I don't date. I just sit at home doing nothing. I’m 21 and in the future I’ll be the crazy cat lady in the building! I’m outside my comfort zone and I’m at home! Obviously, I couldn’t let this happen.
Benedict is not easy to break, so I decided to use my secret technique: Persuasion!
"Bennehhhhh, light of my life, I'm sick! Can't you see?" I pretended I was coughing and looked at him with puppy eyes.
"I know dear Rory, that's why we could eventually have dinner here, at your house." he winked at me and I just rolled my eyes. EVIL MAN, YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS! I always say this but I just can't do anything to this man, he's too adorable! Damn you, Rory for being so soft!
"That seems great, if you're up for it Rory, I'll help you with dinner while these two catch up on their convo." Amanda said. I just met her and I know we'll be great friends even though she’s helping Benny boy making me totally weird about this.
I guess I have no saying in this matter, so I might as well lend the house for a double date, I mean it’s not even that! It’s just a friendly dinner with 4 people…right?
"Tom, what do you think?" I looked up at him (damn, I'm short!) and he puts his arm around me. Oh my God! He has his arm, literally, around me!! I don’t know why but I felt the need to go climb the Mount Everest and shriek.
"That seems fantastic, no one will bother us here".
Can I just stay in his arms forever? STOP THAT BRAIN!
They all went to the kitchen to see what we could have for dinner and I just excused myself for a second so I could call Carlie.
(Wait? Do I even have food to maintain 4 hungry people alive?)

*Phone call*
R- Heyy Carlie, how are you?
C- Hey Rory! I'm okay, and you? Need anything?
R- I'm fine thanks, feeling a bit better. Just wanted to ask you if our boss said anything about the BAFTA'S. We only have one more day to finish working on that.
C- Oh, he said that what we did sounds fantastic and he's really happy with your work. He wants you here tomorrow morning so he can talk to you about the last details.
R- Great, glad he liked it! I'll be there at 9 then, see you!
C- Byee, hope you feel better soon.
R- Thank you, Bye.

I set my phone on the table and walked up to the kitchen. When I got there, I almost had a heart attack. Tom was pointing a kitchen knife and Benneh and he was just pushed against the counter. (Mother of God, the colour just drained from me)
"What are you weirdos doing this time?!" I have to admit, that my tone of voice sounded a little too motherly!
"We're not weirdos, we're GENIUS!" Tom replied and did an evil laugh. Even in character he can be cute!
Then Amanda showed up and tried to explain the whole thing, before I misunderstood everything and called a swat team or something.
"Tom was just showing Ben how to do some kind of swordfight, except that Benneh didn't have a sword, hahahaha." I just looked at Amanda and we both started laughing at them.
Hahahaha, I’m actually laughing because I thought I was going to witness a first degree murder! I’m so not turning on the TV for a week…
I got a little worried about the dinner…I mean, I can cook and everyone wants to help, but what do I cook for tonight? We decided to choose altogether.
After a while, we choose stroganoff. Simple, totally delicious, goes well with salad, not too heavy and a perfect excuse to make crepes with vanilla ice cream and chocolate topping.
Tom and Benneh decided to help with the salad, while me and Amanda took care of the stroganoff and somehow I managed to keep the dessert a surprise. Apparently, cutting tomatoes wasn’t a skill Benedict had yet developed. But it was still funny to watch. I couldn’t help but giggle at him and Tom.
Everyone seemed pleased with the meal. (But one can’t be too sure, so if in 3 to 6 hours someone starts to puke, I am probably going to fly all the way to some lost country and hide in shame for the rest of my life.)
And the conversation was actually not so awkward until Benedict dropped the bomb.
“So Rory, I was wondering. Don’t you have to pick a date for the BAFTA’s too?” I felt like I was going to spit my food. OH MY GOD! Benny boy, if I die chocking on a piece of chicken I’m so going to haunt you! I managed to swallow the meat and blushed a little.
“I-I kind of forgot about it…” I feel my heart racing at my response. What am I supposed to do now?
Amanda turns to Benedict and tries to save me from all the attention, but Tom still kept his eyes on me.
“Oh come on, it’s not the first time someone forgets something.”
Good, I’m not alone in this planet! But it’s not my fault I wasn’t made for socializing …or maybe I just missed those opportunities, who knows? Pfftt, right!
“Amanda’s right, I didn’t really pay much attention to that detail too.” As soon as Tom finishes his sentence, I look at Benedict and he’s looking right at me.
My super awkward senses are tingling! My eyes widen a bit and I know what he’s about to do! That sneaky…good-looking person!
“Well, you could always-” I know it’s rude of me, but I HAVE, correction: I MUST stop that sentence.
I quickly look at the table and notice that everyone was done with the meal so I could move on to dessert. AND THE SWEETS SHALL SET YOU FREE!
“Who wants dessert?!” I’m desperate, but I can’t have him asking something like that for me. I’m sorry Benneh, you’re an angel but I rather do that myself (if I don’t faint first)…
“I’ll help you with that.” Tom smiles at me, helping taking the dishes to the counter. Benneh and Amanda get up too to help us. Amanda offered to wash the dishes, Tom asked to set the table for dessert and Benneh wanted to help with the dessert.
As I pour the batter on the frying pan, me and Ben whisper a conversation.
“I was just trying to help.” He starts.
“I know, but I don’t know if I can do that…asking him out, it’s too embarrassing.”
“Then why did you stop me? I could’ve pulled the theme.” He gets the plates for me and the ice cream so I could finish up the crepe.
“I just think I should do that myself…but I can’t!”
“Maybe he’ll pop that question later…”
“What? Why?”
“Rory, dear, he already knows you are available and so is he!”
“You are going to kill me on day, you know that?”

Once we finish the crepes and present them, they all look pleased, I mean, I’m the master of desserts! And I’m dying to taste mine!
We all eat and once we finish up, I take the dishes aside, this time I washed them.
After that, Benneh and Amanda were about to leave. Tom was supposed to follow their lead, but he waited a little longer (like 5 seconds) to say how nice everything was and how enjoyable the evening was.
“I’m glad you liked it, I mean it was all so unexpected but, maybe next time I can do better.” I’m blushing, I really am feeling the need to hide in a corner, for some reason.
“Well, I think everything was lovely. I probably wouldn’t manage so well in a situation like that.” He smiled at me. His smile looks so damn cute! How is that even possible???
“Hey, Rory, I was thinking…if you don’t mind-” I don’t know what came over me but I interrupted him…I INTERRUPTED TOM HIDDLESTON!! Someone slap me across the face and teach me good manners!
“I don’t mind, oh I’m sorry, that was rude of me…”
“No, no, no, no, It’s okay, I was just going to ask you, if it was fine with you, if you would like to come with me, as my date to the BAFTA’s…” I stare at him, surprised and almost unable to breath…He’s asking me out. I almost started babbling an answer but I guess my brain is still working.
“I’d love to…” I answer, sounding a little nervous. He smiles, looking like a teenager in love… OH MY GOD!
“Good, hum, then I’ll see you tomorrow, have a good night.” As he finishes, he kisses me in the cheek, turns, still smiling and waves at me while leaving.
I guess my body just responded equally, I was just out of my body because I was frozen in place.