Status: Will update when I can

Eleven Confessions

Confession #10 & #11

Confession #10: I had never been kissed before that moment. I had no idea what I was doing, but, as it happened, it was the easiest thing that I had ever done. It was so natural.

I sat at the airport, replaying the kiss over and over in my mind. It had been so perfect. When Tate pulled away, a long while after, he smiled, “See you when you get back.” He had said.

I had nodded, completely speechless, and then he got up to leave. Just before he got to the door, I jumped up, “Tate wait…”

“Ya?”

Tell him… come on. It’s not that hard. I looked at him, at his beautiful eyes, and was unable to make the words come out. “I’ll miss you, too.” I said, instead.

“See ya.” And then he was gone.

I had kicked myself countless times before finally coming to the realization that I could just tell him when I got back. He would know. Not now maybe, but soon.

The flight attendant came out of the terminal, “All passengers boarding the flight to New York…” I walked to the terminal, and handed her my ticket.

“Ticket for passenger to board flight to New York.9-11-2001. All payments complete.”

I boarded the plane.

TATE’S POV:
Confession #11: I hadn’t planned on kissing Skei. But, afterwards, I was really glad that I had.

I checked my phone.

1 New Voicemail
From: Skei

“Hey, Tate, when you were at my house the other day, there was something that I was trying to tell you, but I was too scared. But… here it goes: I love you. I wanted to wait until I got back home to tell you, but now, I’m not so sure if that’s going to happen. Some people hi-jacked our plane, and, well, I’m not really sure what’s going to happen. Just please, know that I love you.”

The voicemail ended, and I stood there, terrified, not sure what to do. Getting my head together, I quickly called her back, but Skei didn’t answer. An automated recording followed several beeps “We’re sorry, but this number is no longer in service.”

It was too late. I knew that she was already gone. I stood there, wishing that there was a way that I could have told her that I loved her back.

But she was dead.

I grabbed her notebook, purple and worn, and flipped to a random page, blinking back tears because I knew that crying wouldn’t change anything.

Do you remember that day of flames?
The day of the dead, where dead came to lay.
A historical fight fought by the brave.
A tragic memory that must be embraced.

Nothing but another is one’s life,
Forced to confront the terrors of night.
To look at a sun that’s always too bright,
And to look in the eye of ultimate goodbye.

No one ever asked for you to meet the grave.
To forfeit your life, and the rest of your days.
I guess at a point we all must be brave.
But that point comes as a part of my days.

I miss you.

9/11
We will never forget.
♠ ♠ ♠
So if you were wondering why I posted all the chapters at once, now you know. I meant to post chapters regularly, and then have this one posted today, but I haven't had time to. I wasn't that old when it happened, so I don't really remember, but in school today, we had to watch all of these videos about it, and it made me so sad. My heart cries out for all of those who lost loved ones.

God Bless the USA