Take This To Heart

I'm Lost In Empty Pillow Talk Again

It had been a week since Andy gotten his dream job. We haven't talked much about it, and he's still trying to convince me to move with him to New York, but I can't leave. He was laying on the couch in the living room watching Ultimate Spiderman and typing at his laptop. I was sitting at the dining room table, just watching him. He put his laptop away and rolled over on this stomach, stretching and letting out a loud yawn. I got up and walked over to the couch, laying on top of him.

“Get off me fat ass.” His words and giggling were a bit muffled by the couch cushion in his face.

“What's that? I can't hear you.” I smiled stretching out on him and getting comfy.

“I said get off me!” He started to shake back and forth, attempting to wiggle me off of him but I wasn't moving. He managed to roll over and wrap his skinny arms and legs around me, biting my neck hard. I bit my lip trying not to moan. “Are you gonna get up?” He laughed.

“I don't think you want me to. Given the lump in your pants.” I smiled.

“Well too bad for me and you, I have to pee. Get up.” I stuck my tongue out at him and sat up.

“I'm gonna use your laptop!” I called after him. He let out a grunt, meaning go for it. I opened up his laptop, seeing a smiling picture of the two of us as his background. I just needed to google something really quick and be done with it. It took a second for Chrome to open. Andy has his set to where it opens up the last thing he was doing every time he opens it. He was looking through apartments in New York. So he was still planning on leaving. He also had a google search open. ‘How to maintain long distance relationships’. Andy walked back into the room and layed on the opposite side of the couch.

“Hey babe?” He asked. I looked up at him and he was smirking at me.

“Yes?” I raised my eyebrow at him. The difference between his and my eyebrow raising is when I did it, I didn’t actually know what was happening. When he did it, he knew and was excited about what was next to come.

“How about we fool around for a bit. I’m feeling a bit frisky.” He closed the laptop and sat it on the table. I would be all over him by now, given the circumstances, but I’m actually not in the mood because I’m upset. He crawled up my body and kissed me, but I didn’t kiss back. He pulled away and sat back. “What’s wrong?” He asked concerned.

“We need to talk.” I grabbed his hand and started to rub circles on his palms. I pulled him closer to me so he was sitting on my lap and I had one hand on his hip and the other still rubbing his palms.

“About?” He was concerned. I could tell he was concerned.

“Don’t worry babe. We’re not breaking up. We just need to talk about your job and you leaving.” I looked him in the eyes and he looked like he was a bit relieved and upset. “You know why I can’t leave. And I understand why you want to go, and me telling you no was very selfish of me. I want you to know that I’ll love and support you no matter how far away you are from me.” A smile creeped across his face.

“You know we can still have video conferences when we get lonely, which will be every night.” He looked down at our hands that were intertwined in his lap.

“Of course we can. Then maybe a few of those can get sexy.” I winked at him and he giggled.

“Ashley Purdy, are you suggesting I get naked in front of a camera?” He laughed.

“Of course. Be my little porn star babe.” I kissed his cheek while he went into a huge giggle fit.

“Only if you call me by my porn star name.”

“OK Dennis Westower.” I smiled kissing him.

“So you’re not mad at me leaving?”

“Of course not. As long as you don’t leave me and as long as I know you love me, then I’ll be fine.” I gave him a reassuring smile. “It’ll be hard getting used to you not being here almost all the time, but I’m strong. I’ll get over it.”

“Alright babe.” He placed a soft and ginger kiss on my nose. “Thank you. For understanding”

“Be safe. Remember to call me as soon as you get there. Try not to miss me too much.” I pulled Andy into what could be our last embrace for a while. I never wanted to let him go.

“I promise. And you try not to miss me too much.” There were tears forming in his eyes. “One more for the road?” He asked tapping his lips. I placed a tender, loving kiss to his lips. I could feel the tears sliding down his cheeks, a few of them coming from my eyes too. When he finally let go, he reached up and wiped away some of the tears from my cheek and his own.

“Don’t cry. Then I won’t want you to go.” I tried to smile through my tears.

“Don’t cry or I won’t go.” Andy laid his head on top of mine. “I’ll be back to visit during Christmas baby.” There was a females voice on the intercom calling for Andy’s flight to start boarding.

“You’ve gotta go.” I gave him one last squeeze. “Oh, before you go. Here, take this.” I handed him my ipod. “I made a playlist of songs for you. Of course a good half of them are originals.” He smiled at the item in his hand and gave me one last kiss goodbye.

“I love you Ashes.” He smiled.

“I love you more Bright Eyes. Come back to me soon.” I waved goodbye as I watched him disappear into the crowd. I stayed watching the gate, hoping he would change his mind and run off of that plane. It had taken off and he still didn’t get off. I waited, but he didn’t come. So I started making my walk back to my car, tears streaming silently down my face. The love of my life is gone.

“Hey, can you hear me?!” Andy smiled into the camera. I was sitting outside on my balcony attempting to chat with Andy at about 10:30 my time.

“Yeah. I can hear you. It’s echoing though. Put in some headphones.” I smiled angling my own camera so he could see me better. It had been almost two months since I’ve seen his smiling face. He leaned over, revealing a bit of his creamy white skin, looking for some headphones. When he finally found some and plugged them in, he angled his camera again so I could see his face.

“Better?”

“Yes. Much better. Hey Bright eyes. I miss you so much.” I smiled at him.

“I miss you more Ashes! I miss having you share my bed with me. How is everyone?” He was giddy and excited. I could tell by how much he was jumping around.

“Good. Chris and Jake are moving into a new apartment. They finally got sick of living across the street from that night club. And my Dad is out of the hospital next week.” I laughed.

“Why did he think he could hang up a light fixture standing on a bucket again?” He giggled.

“I have no idea. But he did it. Mom said he’ll be on a fast track to recovery.”

“That’s good. Be sure to tell everyone I said hey, you know. Hugs, kisses, all that cute shit.” He smiled. “Now, onto more important matters. How has my Ashes been?”

“I’ve been alright. Talking to you on the phone has been a big help with coping with you being gone, but I still get cold without your warm embrace.” I flashed him a Purdy smile.

“Aww. Babe. I feel the same way. I’ve listened to your playlist every night since I’ve been gone. I love you singing me to sleep.” He smiled. I needed to press my lips against his, but the computer screen wouldn’t be what I would consider... comforting.

“So, how’s life been treating you baby?” I asked him with a smile.

“Well, this week I got another one of my books evaluated, and they’re considering publishing it temporarily.” He almost screamed.

“That’s wonderful!! Congratulations!!” I wanted to hug him, but distance.

“Thanks Ashes. I even have an interview to write for a magazine tomorrow.” He smiled. There was something cat like about his smiles when he got excited like this.

“Congratulations and good luck baby.” I gave him another trademarked smile and I could see his face flash red.

“So, baby. What... else have you been missing about me?” He asked a bit shy.

“Don’t worry, I’ve got headphones in too.” I smiled at him.

“I know, but you’re sitting outside. Please go inside before we do this.” His face was three different shades of red.

“As you wish.” I smiled getting up, grabbing my laptop, and walking inside, sitting cross legged on my bed. “That better?” I smiled fixing my screen again.

“Yes. Much better.” A new tone of confidence was in his voice. “Now, what else have you been missing about me baby?” His eyebrow raised and his voice filled with lust.

♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter tittle from 'If These Sheets Were The States ' by All Time Low

Don't kill me for the cut. xDD