Status: ACTIVE

When the Tongue of the Mute Can Speak

Prologue

The sun streamed throgh the large windows as the host club was buissy at work. Talking to their clients, entertaining them, giving them all the mushy love-like attention they desired so badly from the handsome men that kept the club functioning.
While on the outside of the club, a young lady, lost and confused roamed the halls in search of something or someone to tell her where she could possibly find at least one of her classes. Alas, she falls upon a set of large double doors, placing her ear up to the door to make sure there wasn't a class, she hears the mumble and bustle going on, on the other side. With a silent sigh, she takes the door by the handle and pushes it open. It creeks and she's temporarily blinded by a beaming light. Strange rose pedals whisk gently across her face. And as she enters, a cool wintery sight was revealed to her.

Still trying to swat away the lingering flower pedals, she bumps into a certain person, a boy, only one among the strange amount of girls dressed in lite winter attire. His glasses gleam in the light and a small smirk falls upon his lips. "I've never seen you around before. Oh," he pauses, eyeing her own forein school wear. "You're from an entirely different school. Are you here for freshman orientation?" he asks. His gentle voice flows from his lips and into the air around her. She simply shakes her head, without saying a word.

"Then you must be the new transfer student. Am I right? Miss. Atsuki Miyuubi?" he asks. She smiles and nods her head, even though she was pretty creeped out at the fact he already knew who she was. "Come on, Miss. Miyuubi. Would you mind letting me show you around the host club?" he asks. She raises a brow, the confused look referring to the host club. "I'll explain during the tour. If you don't mind, please wear my scarf. The cool air could be quite chilling." he explains, wrapping the red scarf around her neck.

The boy asks for her small frail hand and she kindly accepts the request. Then the tuor starts.

"This here, it Mitskuni Haninozuka and his close cousin, Takashi Morinozuka. But they answer to Honey and Mori." he smiles. "Look, Mori! A new girl! She looks like Haru-chan!" the grade-school size boy smiles at his reative. The taller boy eyes her and agrees immediately. "Honey is the oldest of our group of young men, though he may not seem like it." he says. "And Mori doesn't really say much." he further explains. The new girl watches the two as they please the young girls that surround them.

The duo, then, fall upon a group of young females, screaming with hearts in their eyes as they watch a set of handsome young twins - matching aubrun hair with golden-green eyes and more devious looks on their faces - embrace eachother closely. Their grasps being firm, but ever-so-tender. "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, Kaoru. I was hoping you wouldn't mind me telling you that story. I thought you wated us to please our guests. Please don't be upset." says one twin. "Hikaru..." one twin mutters, looking away from his brother with tears in his eyes.

The two move on to the next person. A blonde with the most beautiful shimmering blue-violet eyes the girl had ever seen, with a soft face and smooth talk to match. He slips her out of the grasp of the young man with glasses and pulls her close. "Why, dear, your newer here aren't you. I can tell by your uniform that you havn't been attending our school. Kyouya, have you been hiding her from me?" he speaks so wonderfully, but his words seem so fake to the girl, so...planned and thought-out. She pulls away and hides behind Kyouya. "No. She's new. She walked in on us by an accedent. She hasn't much to say, but is quite pleasing to the eye." Kyouya states.

The blonde blushes as he watches the smaller girl hide from him, her big brown eyes staring at him like he as insane. "She has a familiar taste to her. Her face is a lot like our Haruhi's. Am I right?" he asks, covering his mouth. "Honey-senpai thought the same thing." Kyouya replies. "Don't worry. I wont bring you any harm. Why wont you come out and talk with me?" he asks, holding out his hand. The burnette shakes her head, her long hair swinging as she does so.

"Seems your a bit shy. Tell me, what's your name?" he aks. The girl says nothing. "Atsumi Miyuubi." Kyouya answers for her. "She doesn't talk much. I believe she's a mute." Kyouya states. "Did she not learn to speak? What's the matter with her?" he asks, dumbfounded. Atsumi rolls her eyes. "It could be caused by a traumatic experience or something she's had since birth, but since she can't speak, we may not figure it out." Kyouya answers.

A bell is sounded and the females exit the room with hearts in their eyes and joy in their spirits. All except Atsumi, that is. As she exits the building, she looks back at the window that revealed the room she'd wandered into that day, wondering why the boys of that group were so weird. She rolls her eyes and sighs. 'Boys will be boys.' she thinks and continues on her walk home. She lets up a large yellow umbrella to protect her skin from the sun.

On the other hand, Tamaki watches as the strange new princess walks down the walkway of the school, anxiously waiting for her to return.

As he does, his beloved friend Haruhi enters, Tamaki and the rest of the gang face her. "I'm sorry I couldn't make it." she explains. "What'd I miss?" she asks. Tamaki turns to look out of the window again. "Something quite intriguing..." he replies.

Atsumi stops in her tracks to look back up at the window, only wanting to know more about the strange blonde and his weird ways of speaking to young women the way he does. 'False words mean anything.' she thinks to herself.