Status: My first story. All the chapter titles are taken from songs. Please read and comment! Thanks so much! :)

Here I Am, Alive

Just Crash

After we finished our pizza, Grace invited us back to her and Carter's house to hang out some more. We spent the day there, watching movies and joking around. By the end of the day, my face hurt from smiling so much. Dave's heartwarming grin made me never want to frown again.

Since none of us could drive yet, Grace and Carter's mom volunteered to drive Dave and I to our respective houses. While I lived just 5 minutes down the road, Dave lived a few towns over in Cinnaminson, about a 30 minute drive from us. But after the day I'd just had, I'd drive unthinkable amounts of time to see him again.

Grace accompanied us in the car, sitting up front with her mother, meaning Dave and I had the backseat to ourselves. At first, I tried to look out the window, but my gaze kept traveling to Dave's face. I didn't think anyone could be so handsome, and I felt like such an idiot for staring at him. But during one of my many glances, I caught him looking back at me, his eyes wider than I'd seen them all day, as if whatever he was seeing in me left him wonderstruck.

I gave him a smile. I was surprised at how naturally I could smile around him. It was completely foreign to me.

He smiled back at me, sending butterflies instantly to my stomach. We both quickly looked away at the same time. I prayed to God I wasn't blushing.

What the hell was wrong with me? I was the girl who swore I'd never fall for this shit. It all ended the same. Pain, pointless pain, was all that came out of these silly, irrelevant, high school relationships. If they could even be called that.

I looked back at Dave, who was staring out the window now, a small smile on his face, as if he were thinking about something that delighted him.

I took breath, and knew I needed to let him in. I couldn't explain it, but I felt like I needed to be with him. Which was completely insane, considering I had known the boy just one day. But, I had always been an extremely intuitive person. I had known I needed to join theater in middle school. I had known Jake was going to dump me way before it happened. I had known Grace would never have the guts to kill herself, and she was still breathing. And for the longest time, I had sensed something huge was about to come into my life.

This was it.