Status: My first story. All the chapter titles are taken from songs. Please read and comment! Thanks so much! :)

Here I Am, Alive

Nobody Will Break You

Even though it had been months since the last scare, Grace's threat to take her life still frightened me as much as it had in the past.

I needed to tell someone. Grace had sworn me to secrecy, and although Carter knew of the scares as well, neither of us had gotten anyone else involved. But the secret was slowly eating away what was left of my strength, and I need to get it out to someone I could trust.

I trusted Dave quite a bit.

I called Dave rather than Grace this time around, and frantically explained the situation to him. Dave was incredible at solving math problems, so I prayed he'd aid me in solving this predicament as well, as silly as it sounds.

"She's not gonna do it," Dave said calmly to me when I had finished ranting. "Honey, if she truly had wanted to die, she would have done it already. It's been a year. Don't you see that?"

I had never thought of it that way. It was a very logical approach. "I guess it's hard to think straight when it's happening," I explained. "It so scary."

"Trust me, I know." he agreed. "I had something like that happen with a friend my freshmen year, actually."

"Seriously?" I said, awestruck. I had never met anybody who had been in my position before.

"Yup. It's the worst thing in the world." he sighed. "But I PROMISE, Grace isn't going anywhere. She might just be pulling this shit for attention for all we know. Please dont worry about it anymore!"

"It's pretty hard not to..." I admitted.

"Well...let me text her. I won't mention anything to her, but I'll keep some tabs on her. Somebody who was truly suicidal wouldn't act all happy around someone else, and if she does, we'll know she wont do anything. Sound good baby?" he asked.

I smiled for the first time that night. "Thank you so much, Dave. That means a lot."

He stayed on the phone with me until I had calmed down a bit more, then texted Grace as he promised. Grace acted completely normal around him, proving his theory correct. I couldn't have been more relieved, and I vowed to not let Grace's scare affect me so much anymore.

That was the first night I began to heal.