And Peace Shall End

Wrath Takes Stage

The journey into the next town started at seven the next morning. Dean wanted to get there and drop off the two men as quickly as he could. They had a horseman to hunt down and he'd seen the damage War had created on one town so he didn't want to let it get that disastrous for another town. On the other hand, Sam seemed to be getting along with the two men – Matt, in particular – and participated in conversation with them whenever they started it throughout the drive. His brother mostly kept quiet, and even though he knew that a quiet Dean wasn't in a good mood, he was still sociable with the men.

As they pass into the next town one of the worst things that could ever happen to Dean happened: His car broke down.

"No, baby, come on," he encouraged the car as he felt a pull before his speed started decreasing. He eased the car to the side of the road before it cut out completely. Brian and Matt exchanged glances in the back as they heard Dean's words to the car.

"Gas?" Sam asked only to be shot a glare from his brother before he got out the car and slammed the door shut, going over to the bonnet and opening it. With a sigh, Sam followed his brother out of the car and around to the front of it where Dean was inspecting the engine.

However the older brother wasn't in the mood for pleasantries with his brother. "God dammit, I swear if someone's hurt you baby I'll kill them," he grumbled as he tried to work out what caused him to breakdown. "You're perfectly healthy, I made sure of it myself."

"Urm, Dean," Sam interrupted, amusement in his voice. His brother looked up. "Need to get a room?" Dean just glared at him. "Jeesh, okay then. I'll leave so you two can have some alone time. I'll take them into town and get a room just in case." He wouldn't need to let Dean know which motel he would be getting the room at because the brothers knew which type of motel the other would choose if they aren't together when they get one in a town. One of the many perks from being on the road with each other for so long.

Sam got both Matt and Brian from the car and began the journey into the town. The walked along in silence for most of the way, only occasionally would either Matt or Brian say something to the other. Sam was just taking them into the town; after that they would go their separate ways and probably never see each other again. Sam couldn't say that they would never see each other again because there's been times when he and Dean have met up with someone they've helped before in a town previously that'd needed their help once again.

As they got into town, they started passing different shops and as they got closer to the town's diner, Brian took a sharp right and walked out into the middle of the road without looking. Matt noticed and stopped in his tracks.

"Brian, what the hell, man?" he asked, slight worry etching into his features as his friend didn't seem to hear him.

Sam did, however, and stopped as well, turning to see Brian about to walk in front of an oncoming car. In one quick moment, he ran into the road and pulled Brian out of the way of the car, breaking whatever trance the man was in as they fell to the floor in a heavy thud. The car beeped at the two of them loudly as it sped off down the road. Matt darted across the road and over to where the two were, helping Sam up before helping his friend up.

"Brian, seriously man, you could have been killed!" he exclaimed. "What the hell did you think you were doing?"

Brian shook his head. "I just needed a drink, Matt." He nodded towards the place he was heading. A liquor store.

"You gave up, remember? Been clean for years now," his friend reminded him.

"I know, I know...but this crave, man. I need it."

Sam watched the two in curiosity. The behaviour wasn't natural. The man literally just walked out in front of the road and would have been hit by the oncoming car if he hadn't been there to save him – and all for what? Alcohol? It didn't seem right but he didn't let either man know about it. They weren't used to the supernatural ways like he was; they wouldn't be able to handle the possibility of a demon interference in the right way. After all, they hadn't reacted all that well to the news of the apocalypse, instead both men had tried to argue that there was no way that the apocalypse was going on because the world wasn't in chaos and there were no flames dancing upon earth as the world they knew burnt. Their idea of the apocalypse had been interesting, truly.

With what had just happened, Sam led them into the diner with the idea of breakfast so that neither of the two could attempt anything like before. Brian excused himself and went into the toilets when they got into the diner. He was thankful that it was empty and lent his elbows against the sink, allowing him to look at himself in the mirror.

His need for alcohol had been subdued for now, but he honestly didn't know why the small craving he'd had ever since he'd quit had flared up like that. He hadn't been thinking about it for a while with all that had been going on so he didn't get why it had hit him full whack like that. With a sigh, he turned on the cold tap and splashed his face with the water, allowing the cool liquid to disrupt his thoughts and cool him down. With the fact that he had his eyes closed and was concentrating fully on the water, he didn't hear someone push the door open and close it behind them.

The only time he realised someone was in the toilets was when he felt a presence beside him. He jerked upwards and opened his eyes, looking at the man who was stood next to him. "What--" he started to say only to stop when the man placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Nice meeting you," the man smirked before removing his hand and sauntering out of the toilets.

Brian shook his head slightly before leaving the toilets, a hint of confusion lingering in his mind. When he saw Matt and Sam sitting at the table and talking, he felt angry and stormed noisily out of the diner, gaining their attention. Matt got out of his seat and followed his friend outside, just like the man wanted him to.

"Brian, what's wron--" He was cut off by a punch to the face from his friend, making him stumble back from the surprise and impact. Before he could regain himself, he was punched twice more in the face before Brian grabbed him by the collar and rammed his head into the wall of the diner, making a sick crack come from the connection. Before he could grab his friend's neck to snap it, Sam pulled him away from him. Instead of being able to talk some sense in Brian, all Sam got was a punch to the abdomen and a knee connecting with his face before he was thrown to the floor.

With both Matt and Sam on the floor in pain, Brain turned his attention to the people on the other side of the road. Some people were just standing there watching as he beat the two up, and they made them perfect targets for his rage of the moment. Consumed in his emotion, he stepped out into the road without looking and unlike before when Sam had been there to stop the car, he was ploughed into and sent flying a few feet away from the car, hitting the ground hard.

The man who had entered the toilets and touched Brian's shoulder was sat in the diner with two other men. He saw the commotion in the street and smirked as his eyes flickered black. The other two smirked at the man's eyes and one of them looked at the four people on the next table over.

They still had it, and they had it good.