And Peace Shall End

Lucifer's Generosity

Dean managed to find out what was wrong with his car and fixed it, muttering the entire time about how he'd take a proper look at her when he was next at Bobby's place so that he'd have the time and space to do the delicate job. After giving his car an encouraging pat, he climbed into the drivers' seat and drove into the town. He noticed that there were cops standing around outside a diner he drove past, but he thought nothing of it as he went in search of the motel he knew his brother would get.

He located the motel by looking it up and then found the room that was under his brother's alias. He knocked at the door and was let in only to be greeted by a beat up Sam and Matt, the latter being more beat up than before.

"What happened?" he asked, his eyes going between the two.

"Demons," Sam replied at the same time Matt answered with, "Brain went psychotic."

Dean looked at his younger brother. "How'd you know?"

"At first he attempted to walk across the road without looking for oncoming cars because he 'needed a drink', and then he became enraged and attacked Matt outside the diner," Sam explained as he held the ice on his nose. Dean raised his eyebrow. "And he had a go on me," he muttered after a while.

The older brother shook his head and walked further into the room. "What kind of demon makes someone reckless and then angry?" he asked rhetorically.

"Like I know," Sam muttered.

Almost as if something had struck him, Dean looked around the room before looking between the two men. "Where is he?"

Matt just hung his head while Sam sighed. "He walked out in front of a car."

Dean swore under his breath before pulling out his phone and dialling the number he had for Castiel. Something was going on in this town and he didn't have the slightest clue as to what it could be, and it was clear that neither did Sam otherwise he would have told him by now.

The angel picked up on the second ring. "Dean," he greeted.

"Cas, we need your help," he said before rattling off the town they were in, having to find the keys to the motel room to tell the angel which room they were in. A moment later the man appeared in the room, phone still to his ear. When Dean noticed, he hung up the phone and put it away, prompting Castiel to do the same.

The angel looked around the room. "Where is the other?" he asked, noticing the room didn't contain four men like it did the day before.

"That's what we need your help for, Cas," Sam explained. "There's a demon in town and we don't know what type of one it is."

Castiel nodded before looking at Dean. "Famine passed through this town. He is not here now and his current location is unknown to me, but he was here not that long ago," he told him.

"And what exactly does Famine do?"

"Famine amplifies a person's hunger to danger levels."

Sam raised his eyebrow. "Hunger of food?" he questioned.

"Not just food, but the person's hunger for their deepest urges and desires."

Something clicked in Matt's mind when he heard the angel's words and he looked up from where he was looking at the floor. "Was that why Brian stepped into the road? His urge for alcohol was too much for him to control?" he asked the men, hoping one of them could shed some light onto just why he'd had to witness his last remaining friend walk into the middle of the road and get himself killed.

Sam nodded. "Most likely."

Matt just dropped his head down to his chest and he got himself lost in thought so that he didn't have to listen to the conversation in the room. He'd had enough of the supernatural already, but sadly for him, his life had literally been destroyed by it so he had nowhere to go. At least before he'd had Brian whom he could have found a new life with, but now he had no one. He couldn't even think of going back to his family because the shapeshifter had been killing the people using his appearance, and from what Sam had told him about their previous encounters with them, no matter what alibi he'd have, he would be the one who'd take the blame for the shapeshifter's actions.

"What about his rage, though?" Sam questioned Castiel. "He was fine when we went into the diner but then became enraged when he came back to the table."

"Lucifer raised the Seven Sins from Hell," the angel said, almost as if it were an explanation.

Dean shook his head in disgust as he caught on to what Castiel was telling them, even if it wasn't in the greatest words. "Great. We missed out on Famine only to have to Wrath appear in the town we're in," he muttered sarcastically.

"Don't they stick close together?" Sam questioned his brother only to have him heave a sigh before going into the bag he'd dumped on one of the beds and grabbing two beers, tossing one to Sam before opening his own.

"Thanks for the reminder, Sammy," he commented bitterly before taking a swig of his drink. "Now all we need to do is locate the Sins which shouldn't be too hard seeing as they look like everyone else and know who we are."

Castiel interrupted him. "Lucifer raised the Sins to locate Sam, and now that they've seen him, Lucifer will be able to reach Sam if we were to stay in this town."

"Great," Dean groaned.

Well there went any peace they had. Who knew when they'd encounter the Sins in other towns. They certainly didn't, and if there was one thing they needed to do, it was to keep Lucifer away from Sam much like they needed to keep Zachariah away from Dean.

Image


A few hours after the Winchesters had left town, a man appeared in the middle of the room that they had occupied. Matt, who'd stayed behind and taken their room, wasn't even surprised to see the man in the room. He was just completely numb from all the loss he'd suffered within the last day.

"They're not here," he muttered. "Skipped town to avoid Lucifer."

The man chuckled and stepped forward a bit, allowing the illuminating light from outside the window to emphasise his face, allowing Matt to see the slight peeling of skin in certain places of the man's face. "That's okay, I'll catch up with them sooner or later," he commented nonchalantly. "Why did they leave you behind?"

"I'm wallowing in my despair," he replied in a tone that seemed to crack on the last word.

Lucifer watched the man on the bed, slightly amused. His misery had consumed him and that was entertaining to witness. Not that the man would know that he'd found it entertaining, but even if he did, there wasn't anything he could do about it. Lucifer was free to do almost anything.

"Don't suppose you could put me out of my misery and kill me?" Matt asked without hope.

"If that's what you want," he replied, and that gained Matt's attention.

"Really?

Lucifer nodded. Who was he to turn down a willing soul for Hell? He'd be released from his Cage by Sam and had been forced to find the replacement of Nick as his vessel seeing as something had taken Sam from the convent where he was supposed to be for him to enter. But that hadn't stopped his plan, and there was going to be the battle with Michael to come so he could afford to be generous right now.

"But," he begun, "you must tell me where they went, just to make things easier."

Matt nodded and reached over to the side of the bed to where a piece of paper rested on the small set of drawers that was between the two beds. "Here, it's Sam's number. I assume you could track it seeing as you're Lucifer and stuff," he said as he offered it to the man. Right now he'd literally do anything just to be done with his life, especially if he didn't have to end it with his own hands.

Lucifer took the paper from his hands and gave a small crooked smile. "Very well, Matthew," he agreed before disappearing into thin air, leaving Matt alone in the room. Dead.
♠ ♠ ♠
fin.