I Can't Stand to be Without You

1/1

Kat sat on the carpeted floor of her apartment listening to the torrential rain outside. Lighting flashed and thunder rumbled throughout, causing her two tiny dogs to shake ferociously. Kat bit her lip and ran over to them, scooping them up in her arms. She could feel their shaking against her skin and sighed.

“It’s okay,” she cooed to the animals, hoping that the soft whisper of her voice could somehow calm them down. All too soon, another roll of thunder erupted and another crack of lightning filled the sky. The dark room was instantly illuminated, sending a shiver up her spine.

She ran a hand through her messy hair and shook her head, fear building up inside of her. Kat was not used to being alone. She was especially not used to being alone during thunderstorms. Usually, she had him by her side.

Austin had always been an extremely important part in Kat’s life. They had fallen in love unexpectedly and were nearly inseparable. But one day, it became too much and Austin left. So here was Kat, scared and trying to calm down the dogs, all on her own.

She groaned as the storm continued on and she heard a knock on the apartment door, wondering who on earth would be there at a time like this. She moved to the door with a grimace on her face and ripped it open, shock taking over her face. “Austin?”

He smiled and shook his wet hair out, biting his lip. “Hey, Kat.” The pair stared at each other for a moment and Kat smiled, shaking her head in disbelief.

“You came back.”

Austin shook his head and gazed lovingly into her eyes, inching closer. “I came home.” Kat smiled and pulled him inside the apartment. They settled onto the couch and wrapped a wool blanket around them, the dogs settling at their feet.

Kat leaned her head on Austin’s shoulder as his arm wrapped tightly around hers, and they just sat together, living exactly how they should.
♠ ♠ ♠
complete | austin gibbs.