‹ Prequel: Trouble-Maker
Sequel: Summer Boy

Infinite

Pariah Conviction Celebration

I pulled Ronnie and Arch through the door to the band's back room and we were standing in front of five guys who couldn't take their eyes off of us. I grinned and dropped Ronnie's hand, pulling Arch into my side as he tightened his grip on on me. Andrew sat on the corner of the couch, his light blonde haired daughter resting back against his chest, her dark eyes trained on us as well.

"Hey guys," I greeted, waving my left hand through the air, "How have you been?"

Evan situated himself better on the couch and nodded his head, clasping his hands together. "We're good," he replied, offering the flash of a grin before nervousness settled back on his features, "We're just ready," he added, nodding as his band did.

"Yeah," Ian agreed playfully, rubbing his palms on his jeans, "So either get on with it or get out."

The band laughed as I chuckled sarcastically and patted Arch's back as he looked up. "Alright, alright," I defended with a nod, holding my hands up in defense, "We didn't come down here to torture you guys," I replied with a grin. "This is my fiance, Ronnie," I introduced, smiling at him before pulling Arch back to me and introducing him to everyone.

I went around the semi-circle couch and introduced Ronnie and Arch to the members of the band they hadn't met yet. Starting with Will, skipping Evan, and including Chance who sat between the guys, just as eager as they seemed.

"It's nice to meet you guys," Ronnie said as the band made room for us to sit on the edge of the couch. "I'm excited to see you play." He lugged Arch onto his lap and took my hand as I sat down next to him.

"Hopefully we'll be in the mood to play," Will laughed, trying to coax the answer out of me before I was ready to tell them. The tension in the room was tangible.

Arch turned his attention away from the blonde girl sitting on the lap of her father next to him and frowned, looking at the bandmates. "Why would you not want to play?" he questioned and before Ronnie could cover his mouth with his hand, Arch added, "Atti said she was going to help you be famous so shouldn't you-"

The band instantly broke into cheers and jumped up from the couch and into a giant clump of musicians. They hugged each other and Chance. Andrew's daughter giggled as Ian picked her up and bounced her on his hip, grinning.

"You're my favorite," Will said as he lifted Arch from the floor next to meand celebrated with the rest of his band, "I'm so glad you came today, Arch."

Arch grinned high-fived some of the band members. The guys began to settle down and their cheering transformed into a muted excited as they channelled it into their set tonight.

They all pulled me into a hug and thanked me again, unable to control their smiles. Will handed Arch over to Ronnie and the band slipped past us.

Evan walked over and opened the door that lead out to the stage. The rest of the bandmates followed him out and they quickly caught the attention of their fans, friends, and family. "We're getting signed!" he said to everyone. Before he'd even finished speaking, the room erupted in cheers and the bands' friends and family rushed over to congratulate each of the guys.

Ronnie, Arch, and I stood along the wall just outside the room we'd come out of, watching with smiles as they celebrated their signing. Arch stood between Ronnie and I. Ronnie held his hand and I mused his hair as he bounced happily, enjoying the excitement. Chance, who had stepped away from the guys to give them their moment, walked over and stood next to me. He glanced Ronnie and Arch as they headed over to the bar to get something to snack on and then offered me a small smile before looking back at his friends.

"Thank you," he said without looking at me, "This is going to change everything."

I turned my gaze to the baby-faced guy and shrugged. "They deserve it," I replied, which caused him to look at me, "They're the ones who got signed, I'm just the ones with the papers."

"Still," he stated, resituating the hat on his head as he smiled at me. After a minute or so of just watching the room celebrate, Chance spoke. "I thought you didn't have any kids?" he asked, his voice getting lost in the crowd, making it impossible for Arch to hear him.

"I don't," I replied, glancing at Arch, "He's not my son."

I look at Chance as he frowned. "He's Ronnie's?"

I chuckled and shook my head. "He's a friend," I explained, "Ronnie and I are looking after him for awhile."

Chance nodded and smiled brightly as Drew turned to find him. "Chance!" he called when he spotted him. He hurried over with Lilly in his arms and smiled hopefully. "Could you keep an eye on Lilly during our set? We've got to go set up."

Chance nodded easily and took the little girl from his friend. "Of course, go get ready," he replied, holding Lilly on his hip. From what I'd seen of the little girl, not having a mother had only caused those around her to never put her down. She was a little princess in their eyes and I hadn't seen anyone set her down.

"Lilly," Chance coaxed, turning her attention to me, "This is Atticus. Say hi."

The shy girl looked at me with big eyes and then looked back at the guy who'd become a big brother figure to her and frowned. Chance laughed loudly and nodding, seeming to understand what she was trying to say to him.

"Okay, okay," chuckled, shaking his head, "Just be friendly. You might be able to use that face to con your dad, but it's not going to work on me."

I was pleasantly surprised by the softness of his tone and the way he interacted with her. "How old is she?" I asked him, deciding not to try and start a conversation with the girl who hadn't said one word when I'd been around.

"Three," he replied, moving to hold her with one arm instead of both, "But she's a spitfire and she knows it." He stuck his tongue out at her.

"My youngest sister is three," I replied, noticing that Lilly looked a lot older than Nico.

Chance grinned at some secret joke and dipped his head in a nod. "Was she an accident baby?" he asked, raising his eyebrows as he joked.

"What?" I answered, not quite understanding at first. After a moment I chuckled and shook my head. "No, my dad got remarried and they wanted a child of their own. My step-mom is actually pregnant with their second."

He looked surprised. "Woah," he stated, "You're going to have a new sibling."

I nodded. "A twenty-five year age gap," I responded, trying not to sound too upset about it, "But at least they'll always have a babysitter when they want one."

Chance chuckled and nodded, offering me a wide smile. He set Lilly on her feet and took her hand instead, the two of them speaking about something that had them both looking towards the bar. I glanced in that direction and caught Ronnie's eye when he turned back. The singer smiled at me his familiar lopsided smile and bit his bottom lip.

"What?" I mouthed over Arch's head, liking the intimacy that came with nobody else being able to hear our conversation.

Ronnie smiled, pressing his lips together cheekily, and shrugged his shoulders. "Nothing," he mouthed back, biting his bottom lip between his teeth again.

In that moment, I wanted to pull him to me and kiss the daylights out of him, but with Arch in his arms, it was impossible to have any privacy. He took his place back at my side and the five year old offered me some of his fries. I declined and glanced at my fiance, trying to pinpoint the feeling in the pit of my stomach. It was because we wouldn't have any time to ourselves before he left. Any private moments.

Instead of focusing on Ronnie and that thought, I turned my attention back to Chance and started up another conversation. "Where's Jett?" I questioned as he ignored Lilly's hands yanking on his shirt, "He better be coming out tonight, I brought Ronnie all the way here for him to fawn over."

Chance chuckled. "His entire band is coming," he assured me, "They wouldn't miss the chance to meet Ronnie Radke." He glanced across me at the singer who wasn't paying any attention to us. He was telling Arch about something on stage.

"Or stare at his car," I added, grinning at the crazy thought.

"True." Chance laughed. "If he doesn't show up before the guys start their show, I'll send him a text."

"Better yet, you could send him a picture of Ronnie. That might make him speed over here."

"That would make him pee his pants," Chance admitted, laughing at the image of the boy getting that excited.

I laughed too, lightly pushing Chance's arm as he picked on the young teenager. "I bet you had an idol when you were his age," I responded, defending Jett's love of Falling in Reverse, "and you would've been the same way if he randomly showed up in your life." After a moment, I added, "Actually, you're young. You probably still have an idol."

Chance gave me a weird look and shook his head defensively. "I'm not young," he stated, crossing his arms over his chest, "For all you know, I'm your age."

I looked over the short haired guy in front of me and then raised my eyebrows at him. "You could pass for a teenager," I replied, matching my posture to his, "There's no way you're my age."

Chance actually looked offended. "Now you're making yourself seem like an old lady," he responded.

"I'm almost twenty-six," I replied, even though 'almost' was actually six months. "How old are you?"

Chance grinned and glanced to the ground. "Younger," he said, stating the obvious.

I rolled my eyes. "Obviously. How old are you?"

"Twenty," he admitted, looking strangely shy over the number. I was surprised by it, when I said he could pass as a teenager, I wasn't expecting him to still almost be one.

"Oh," I said, nodding, "You're young. Don't deny it."

He laughed softly and nodded, finally letting me be right. "Sure, but you are too. Five years doesn't make you old." He gave me a look and I stared back.

"A lot changes in five years," I answered.

Both of us went quiet as the band took the stage and everyone became even louder than they were before. Chance picked Lilly up so she could see her father on stage, and Ronnie switched Arch to his other arm so we could stand side by side and enjoy the show.

I pressed a kiss to Ronnie's face and grinned when he wrapped a tattooed arm over my shoulder, pulling me against him. I smiled at Chance, who'd taken a glance at us, and turned my attention to the men on stage who were ready to celebrate in true rock star fashion.
♠ ♠ ♠
:DD
An update. I've been working on all day just trying to write it, so here it is finally.
I really need some comments. Let me know what you think about Falling in Reverse leaving for tour in under a month, how Atticus is going to adjust to being alone for the first time since she and Ronnie began dating, how Arch is doing with them, about Pariah Conviction, about Chance, about the story in general.

I was reading Trouble-Maker again and in the author's notes, I would talk about how thankful I was to get so many comments on each chapter. In 10 chapters, I got over 100 comments. Now I get that in over 30. & I'm lucky to get a comment on every 5 chapters. I miss hearing from you guys.

Please let me know what you thought when you were reading this! I really need to hear from you guys. :)