Status: whoo! active.

Avenged

Part two

The cold stale air chilled my bones waking me. I groaned and opened my eyes to be met with sheer panic. I was in a brick room with water dripping in the corner. My hands were tied above my hands and my feet dangled barely touching the floor. my shoes were gone leaving me barefoot. I heard the door open and a man walk down the stairs with a malnourished boy in chains trailing behind him. I tried to freeze time and once again nothing happened.

“Do you know what mutants are, Dr. Banner?” The man said. I watched him closely as we walked towards me. The boy who followed him in stood in the corner.

“Yes, they are people who, due to mutations in their DNA have supernatural abilities.” I answered him reluctantly. He nodded and clapped his hands mockingly.

“Very good! And did you know that you posses such mutations?” He asked. I stared blankly at him. It would definitely make sense, but I would have to talk with Dad to really be sure. A pang of sadness went through me, what if I never saw Dad again?

“Yes.” I lied hoping to throw off his game. The man looked at me darkly before raising his hand and slapping me across the face. I closed my eyes to the pain and tried not to give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry.

“I do not like liars!” The man cried. I flinched at his loudness. He regained his posture and straightened his tie. “Your father survived his gamma radiation because he had a mutation in his DNA. Mutations are genetically passed down to each generation. Meaning you also have a mutation.”

“uh, well now it all makes sense I guess.” I said sarcastically. The man simply glared before grabbing a fistful of my hair.

“ You will learn manners!” He shouted as he punched my stomach. Coughing slightly I tried to regain my breathing. The man turned to speak harsh words with the boy and I took my chance. With all my might I swung my legs up and kicked the man in the back of the head. He stumbled forward and tripped smashing his face into the wall. He groaned in pain and stood.

“You’ll pay for that.”

“Wanna bet?” I spat. He came towards me again and I kicked again. My heel connected with his nose causing a loud crack to sound in the room. The boy rushed up to the man and ushered him out. As they were leaving the boy glanced back at me with sadness in his eyes.

~~

I couldn’t tell if it had been hours or days later. The room was unbelievably dark and I had grown extremely weak. Blood has long since ran down my arms from trying to struggle against my chains.

The door opened and The metal armed man from before walked in. He looked at me darkly before grabbing a chair and pulling it to the corner of the room and sitting. The man who I had kicked walked in with the boy. The man had a bandage over his nose and a new shirt.

“Do you feel safe now with your guard dog?” I taunted. I only heard a chuckle as I heard what sounded like electricity run. I tensed slightly but keep my facade up.

“Do you need oil, Tin man?” I teased over at the metal man. He only stared forward. Maybe he was only a grunt for this man.

“Have you ever been tased?” The man said. I glanced at him to see he had what looked like a cattle prod in his hands.

“Yes.” I told him truthfully hoping he wouldn’t use that thing on me. He chuckled darkly.

“Well, this hurts a whole lot more.” He said as he stabbed the cattle prod into my ribs. I cried out at the pain. He was correct. The pain was tenfold to that of being tased. He pulled the object away and stood in front of me.

“Now. We’re trying to get the Avengers out of their hole and it seems you’re the best way to do it” The man said.

“ How predictive of you.” I snorted, earning another painful jab with the cattle prod. This time I didn’t cry out. I couldn’t give him the satisfaction.

“ They’ll come for you and when they do, I’ll kill them.” He said evilly. I only laughed.

“You think, you can take on the Avengers? Ha! An alien god tried taking them down and he didn’t succeed!” I laughed. The man ripped my shirt from my body and pressed the object to my side. I could feel my skin sizzle.

“ I have what he didn’t.” He said as he walked toward a table I hadn’t noticed before. I glanced in the corner to see the metal man’s jaw clenched. Oh, now he was uncomfortable?

“Oh yeah and what’s that?” I dared. The man turned with a wicked grin on his face. He stepped closer, when he was close enough he smeared a thick gel onto my abdomen

“I have you, Silly!” He laughed as suddenly a flame appeared igniting the gel on me. I screamed and thrashed around to get away from the pain.

~~

TONY’S POV

I could hear screaming and we instantly knew who it belonged to. The Avengers ran down the dark hall coming to a door. It was locked, naturally. The screaming intensified and so did the fear in my heart. I felt like I lived this before after she was attacked by Loki.

I glanced at Bruce and saw he was shaking violently. He began to grow in size as his skin began to change its hue. No one tried to calm him, How could we? A final pain filled scream sliced through the air and that did it for Bruce. He was now full on rage monster.

The door didn’t stand against him and he burst into the room. Ellie hung from a chain in the ceiling, her middle was charred and burned. I felt an array of emotions but the most prominent was rage. I took this rage and channelled it in the man standing next to her. An evil grin spread on his sadistic face. I would be sure to ruin it. Steve went for the man Natasha informed us was the Winter Soldier. They began fighting as I began attacking the sadistic man, With the help of Thor.

After the fighting was finished we all stood and stared as Hulk gently took Ellie in his arms. I felt my breath escape my lips as I watched with amazement. From What I had seen, once Bruce was consumed by rage he had little control. Sure he had notions of what he needed to do but never gently.

But here he was, gently taking his daughter in his arms and pulling the chains from her wrists. Ellie was unconscious but she snuggled closer to her father. Hulk Held her closer, careful not to hurt her further, and let out a beast like cry. As he cried out he began to shrink and change to a normal hue.

once he was fully back to normal he picked Ellie up in his arms and walked passed us into the hall. He was heading to the helicopter we had rode in on.

~~

ELLIE’S POV

I woke to the sound of beeping. I wrinkled my nose at the smell of bleach. Why did my room smell like bleach. Then it all came crashing down and I began thrashing around. I opened my eyes only to be met with a blinding light. The beeping was louder and my heart beat faster.

“Ellie! Baby its okay.” Dad’s voice rang through the fog. I calmed slightly I tried to see him.

“It’s too bright, Daddy.” I whispered. My voice shook and I tried not to cry. Was it all a nightmare? I tried to sit up but a searing pain prevented that. I cried out and clamped my eyes closed.

“ Ellie, Its okay. We found you. It’s okay.” my father said as I felt his warm hands on my forehead. I opened my eyes slowly to see someone had turned the lights down. The first thing I saw was my father. He looked exhausted in a pair of sweats and his hair a mess. He never let his hair be messy. I reached out and straightened it for him.

“Daddy. I knew you’d come.” I whispered. His eyes watered and he broke down and pulled me into his chest. The searing pain returned but I ignored it as my father held me

“Dr. Banner’s pain levels have spiked.” A robotic voice said suddenly. Dad let go of me immediately and checked my bandages. I glanced down and gasped. Horrible burns covered from my hips up my ribs and settled just below my bust. The burns didn’t quite wrap around my torso, seeing as they stopped just before meeting my spine.

“Oh God.” I whispered.

“Ellie, You’re okay. The doctor said there wasn’t any infection and you’ll heal quickly.” Dad said quickly.

“Oh God.” I whispered horrified. I closed my eyes and dropped the shirt i was wearing and for good measure wrapped the blanket tightly around myself.

“It’s okay, baby.” Dad tried.

“I know, Dad.” I told him. I took the time to look around I was in a fancy looking hospital room. I noticed that there was crumpled blankets spewed periodically around the room. I rose my eyebrow and glanced at Dad.

“The boys haven’t left your side since we found you. They’re only gone now because I made them get food” Dad explained. Tears burned my eyes when I pictured the Avengers sleeping on the floor of my hospital room.

Suddenly there was a great bustling sound and the boys rushed in looking worried.

“Bruce! Agent Hill messaged us saying something about Ellie! Is she alright? Is She-” Tony stopped mid ramble once he saw I was awake. Tears immediately began to flow as he rushed to my side and gathered me into his arms. He held me painfully tight.

“I thought, I thought I lost you! Oh god!” Tony practically shouted as he held me even closer. I held him weakly back enjoying his scent.

“Dr. Banner’s Pain levels have spiked.” The robotic voice said again.

“Tony, you’re hurting her. Let her lay down.” Steve’s voice rang.

“Oh God, sorry.” Tony said as he gently laid me down. Steve Smiled softly at me. He had purple bruises littering his face. I gasped and reached up to touch them.

“I’m alright, Ellie. Just take care of yourself.” Steve said. I nodded and let my hand fall. Tony and Steve stepped to the side and a teary eyed Thor stepped forward. He grasped my hand and held it to his face.

“Ellie, I have failed you.” He said. I sat up ignoring the robot alert everyone of my pain.

“No you didn’t.” I told him. Sitting on my knees on the bed I was almost level with his watery eyes.

“ I thought you were gone. I couldn’t find you.” He said closing his eyes holding my hand tighter to my face.

“You guys did find me! You all saved me. I… I… I love you guys.” I choked out.

“Out! Out! All out! she needs her rest!” the doctor shouted as he burst through the door. The boys grumbled something inaudible. “go to your beds at least.”

They complied but I grabbed Dad’s shirt. He stopped immediately and looked down at me, panic in his eyes.

“ Will you stay with me until I fall asleep?” I asked.

“Of course, Sweetheart.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Whew.
Okay I would really appreciate comments!
ENJOY!
-R