Status: whoo! active.

Avenged

way to make an entrance huh?

I stood in the hall way looking at the doors leading to the ballroom. I hand folded and unfolded themselves over and over again. I knew dad was watching me, waiting for me to go in, but I couldn’t. I was afraid that by some unknown power something was going to happen, and it wasn’t good. So I stared at the door listening to the people laugh and have a good time.

I jumped when I felt someone’s hand on my shoulder I looked up and it was Steve. I looked up at him and he smiled down at me. He turned to the others (other’s meaning dad, tony, Clint, and Natasha) and told them to head on in. They did as told but dad stood in the door way and winked at me with a smile.

“It’s okay to be afraid Ellie. I’m afraid to” Steve told me he leaned against the wall and watched me.

“Who says I’m afraid” I puffed out my chest to seem confident. He looked at me with sad eyes. “I’m not afraid!”

“Well then, I’m afraid. People scare me sometimes. Ever since I woke up its been crowded. Sometimes I feel like I’ve been suffocated.” I didn’t know why he was telling me this, but it made me feel better. I watched him closely.

“I just have a bad feeling is all. I wish I would have brought Karl” I said slightly ashamed. I heard Steve chuckle and he grabbed my hand. I looked up and he unbuttoned his suit jacket. He showed me a pin type thing that had a red rose on it. He pointed to it before speaking.

“My mother gave this to me, before I went in for the project. She said that no matter what happened she’d always be there for Me.” he explained. I took a step forward and touched the cold metal. This rose was Steve’s Karl. It calmed him down when he was scared. Then I realized I wasn’t the only one who got scared. Even superheros got scared sometimes. I smiled at him.

“Thanks Steve” I whispered. He nodded and buttoned up his suit jacket. He grabbed my hand and I tried to hide my cringe. I didn’t want to be mean right after he helped me like that. He stopped at the doors and looked down at me.

“On the count of three? One… two….” He swung the door open and yelled three. Everyone looked at us and I stared back wide eyed. I stared at Steve who was grinning at me. “Way to make an entrance huh?”

“Yea….” I said as I looked at everyone staring at us. I suddenly felt subconscious as I remembered was wearing my pretty red dress. Thor burst through the crowd and bounded up the stairs. He looked at Steve and they nodded at each other. He then looked at me and took my hand gently.

“You look beautiful” he whispered as we walked slowly down the stairs. I focused on my feet as I clung to him.

“Everyone is staring” I whispered back panicky. He laughed and kissed my forehead. “That doesn’t help” I grumbled. He laughed and we reached the floor. Everyone cheered and went back to whatever they were doing. I looked at Thor dumbfounded.

“Shall I repeat beautiful, maiden?” he chuckled. I smacked his chest hitting metal. I groaned and looked at my hand. It looked fine. Thor just laughed at me.

“I’m going to go find dad” I grumbled and went to walk away. Thor just pulled me back and spun me around. I giggled.

“Want to dance maiden?” he asked smiling. I laughed.

“Do I have a choice, goldilocks?” he laughed and shook his head no. I rolled my eyes and he began spinning us around in elegant swirls. I giggled when he spun us faster. He slowed down and I looked from his eyes to over his shoulder. I tensed at what I saw. It was him! Standing there watching us with an amused smile on his face.

“Maiden? What is wrong?” Thor asked slowing our dancing to match the music. I looked at him and smiled.

“Nothing Goldilocks.” I said softly. I looked back and he was gone. I rested my head on Thor’s shoulder and he wrapped his arms around me tighter. I sighed. The music stopped and we walked to were the gang was. They were laughing at something.

“Wow Ellie! You look dashing” Tony said smiling. He winked at me and I rolled my eyes. He laughed and hugged me. They all took their turns telling me I looked pretty. I leaned into Thor suddenly tired. He put an arm around my waist protectively. Sometimes I wondered what we were. We never kissed or anything likes that, but we were close. Sometimes, okay scratch that, always I wanted more. I wanted him to finally do something about us.

My thoughts were interrupted when I saw him walking over to us. I froze as he smiled at me. I didn’t know what to do. What was he doing here? How did he find me? My mind went back to that night in the high school’s halls. He hadn’t changed at all! Well his black hair was longer now and he looked even more sinister. I tried to hide behind Thor’s arm, but it was too late he was already at the group.

“Brother! Who is this beautiful woman you bring home?” his voice was sickly sweet and it scared me even more. I began shaking and everyone noticed.

~ THOR’S POV~

I watched as Loki walked over to us. I wasn’t listening to what the others were saying anymore. I was focused on why Ellie was freaking out. I could feel her inching behind me and begin to shake. I didn’t understand what was going on and that frightened me. I couldn’t deny my feelings for her and I was going to tell her tonight. But I had a feeling something was about to happen. Deep in my gut I knew I had to protect Ellie at all costs.

“Brother! Who is this beautiful woman you bring home?” Loki asked when he reached us. I noticed the twinkle in his eye as he looked at Ellie, and it made me uneasy. He was up to something. I looked around the group and saw the panic in Bruce and Tony’s eyes as they looked at Ellie.

“This is Ellie, brother.” I said, my tone was sharp. I was silently telling him to fess up what he was hiding. His eyes locked with mine and he grinned.

“Oh yes! I know Ellie, we’ve met before haven’t we?” he asked looking at her tauntingly. She began shaking harder and inched behind me but still clung to my back. She knew I would protect her. I gritted my teeth and flicked Loki in the forehead. He looked at me furious. The group chuckled.

“Loki” I warned. He glared at me and smirked. His arm shot out and grabbed Ellie before I could move. She screamed petrified with fear. I took a step forward and reached for her but he jerked her back making her shriek again.

“Why don’t you tell them Ellie? Why don’t you tell them about that night in that pathetic school!” he shouted. She began to cry. I realized was he was saying about the same time Bruce and Tony did. The others were confused because they hadn’t been told.

“How dare you touch her!” I roared. He laughed and pressed his body to hers. I growled and reached and grabbed his hand. Tony grabbed his arm and yanked it away from Ellie while Bruce grabbed Ellie and held her close.

The next thing I know Loki is on the ground groaning in pain and Ellie is gone. I look to Bruce confused about what happened. He held his head in his hands as he crouched down. Tony yelled threats at Loki and everyone was staring in confusion.

I crouched next to Bruce and put my hand on his shoulder. “Where is she Bruce?” I asked. He shook his head. I tried to remember what she loved about this place. I shot up remembering where she might be.
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUUUUUUN........
comment and i'll update faster :D