Status: whoo! active.

Avenged

why do you even care?

I plopped down on the couch and threw my feet up on the table. I heard the elevator ding and glanced over to see dad walking over to me. His lab coat was still on but his collar was loose. He smiled weakly at me. It had been about a week since the party. I still felt horrible for making such a scene, even though everyone told me it was okay.

“Hey dad!” I said as Karl found his way to my lap. Dad nodded at me and plopped down on the couch. I turned back to look at the TV it was playing ‘doctor who’, my favorite TV show. It was an older one with David Tennant as the doctor.

“I think we should talk about you and thunder boy.” Dad said. I flinched and looked at him. I hadn’t seen Thor in a few days. He went to Asgard and hasn’t come back yet. I looked at my hands. I had a feeling he went because of me. Of course everyone said it wasn’t.

“It’s nothing dad. Just leave it alone.” I told him. Dad reached out to touch my cheek and I flinched away. I saw the hurt in his eyes. I groaned and stood up. I made my way to the balcony. I saw tony in his suit making repairs on the tower. I glared at the cars passing below us.

“He hasn’t abandoned you. He’s not ashamed.” Dad said trying to comfort me. I turned to him with tears in my tired eyes. I hadn’t slept in the entire time we had been back, just reoccurring nightmares of that man.

“Right, he’s not ashamed. I can totally tell because he only left! He didn’t just skip town, he left the fucking realm! He’s in an another world!” I shouted. Dad looked at me shocked. I looked down. “I’m sorry. I just… I’m just tired. I need sleep”

“It’s okay Ella. Do you want me to get some sleeping pills or something?” dad asked. He gently took my shoulder in his big hand. I shook my head. I leaned into him and gave him a hug.

“I’m going to go hack JARVIS” I whispered to him. He chuckled and let me go. I nearly ran to the elevator and pushed the down button a million and one times. Finally it opened its doors and I was in the lobby. I looked around and walked out the front door. I chuckled lightly; it was just too easy to sneak out. I shrugged my shoulders at myself. It really isn’t sneaking out; it’s just lying about where I’m going.

I walked down the road daydreaming when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I screamed and punched blindly. I heard a groan and looked at my attacker. My eyes softened when I saw Steve holding his nose. He glanced up at me and straightened up.

“I heard your father and your conversation.” He said. I sighed and began walking. Since the party everyone decided that their main priority was to watch me. I was fragile, that’s what tony said anyway.

“Did you?” I said numbly. I was a master of shoving my emotions down; I learned that from my father. I acted like I wasn’t hurt by the fact that Thor left. I guess I really shouldn’t be. I mean we only kissed; it wasn’t like we were official.

“Yes. I am sorry that you feel like you are alone. I want you to know that you are not. You have all of the avengers backing you up. Especially your father, tony, and I.” Steve said. I stopped at the antique store. I stepped inside, Steve fallowed.

“I don’t feel alone.” I said. I heard Steve scuff. I looked at him in a flash of anger. “Look, captain, I get it you’re trying to help, but you can’t. Okay? You can’t. Just give it up.”

“Why?” he said oddly calm. He was standing tall chest out, like always. I mirrored his stance and pointed a finger at him.

“Because it’s not worth it.” I growled. Steve watched me closely, deciding what to say.

“Hey look at that! It’s storming outside! Crazy it was just sunny out.” A random costumer said. I snapped my head to the windows. It was indeed storming out, thunder and lightning included. I ran outside. I was instantly soaked. I watched the sky.

“What are you waiting for?” Steve asked softly. I ignored him and continued to watch the sky. My heart broke when nothing happened. I felt hot tears sliding down my cheeks.

“Nothing”

I wondered down the road. The rain still came down in large drops. I was aware that Steve was walking along with me. I glanced at him in question. Sensing I was looking he turned his head to look at me.

“I think you need company. When you’re like this… this state of mind, I think you need company. Someone to hold your hand and remind you that you are not alone.” he explained. I noticed that he was just as soaked as I was; he was wearing a thin t-shirt with ‘army’ stamped on it and jeans. His old jacket clung to his arms.

“Steve, why do you care so much?” I asked him. He looked at the sky, looking for an answer. He finally looked down at me with a sad smile.

“When they found me in the ice, I was alone. I felt like the world was against me. Everything I knew was gone. Everything was… different. I’m still adjusting. But I remember when I was going through all this I felt like I was against the world. I think it changed me. I look at you and I remember what I was like.” He explained. I watched his face and noticed the faraway look in his eyes when he talked. He looked at me and offered a weak smile.

“Thank you.” I told him. He smiled and looked around him. I realized we had stopped walking and were about a block away from the tower. My phone started buzzing and I reluctantly answered it with a meek hello.

“Hacking with JARVIS huh?” it was tony. I sighed.

“I wanted to take a walk.” I told him quietly. I heard something rustle in the back ground.

“You went walking alone?! What if something happens?” he nearly shouted. I looked at the ground.

“I’m not alone, Steve is with me. And so what! I mean I’m a big girl I can handle myself!” I exclaimed. I heard tony sigh.

“Just get back here.” he said. I rolled my eyes and snapped the phone shut. I started walking when Steve dropped his coat around my small shoulders. I looked up in surprise.

“You also remind me of my sister.” Steve muttered. I looked at him. I grabbed his hand and stopped him. He looked at me.

“Can I have a piggy back ride?” I asked. He grinned and bent down. I jumped on him and winced when his hands touched my legs. I closed my eyes and told myself he wasn’t going to hurt me. I took a deep breath and giggled when he started running.

When we walked into the house everyone, even Clint, were sitting on my couch. They all looked at Steve and me when we walked through the door. Steve set me down and patted my head. I chuckled at him. I could feel the sibling bond developing.
♠ ♠ ♠
douche move Thor.
anyway. don't worry, its just a filler, boring i know. Thor is MIA for now but not for long!
ENJOY!