Status: Active

Libby and the Boys

Six

Sonny stared at me shocked for a while then he hugged me. “Shhh…it’s going to be okay Libby.”

We went back to the hotel and I was still pretty upset. He wasn’t exactly happy about it either.

“I didn’t think you could get pregnant. Man we fucked up, didn’t we?” he said.

“Yeah,” I sniffled, wiping my face with tissues. “I’ve been drinking and taking pills the whole time. I didn’t even know! What if the baby comes out defective? I almost killed our baby and I didn’t even know I was pregnant!”

“Don’t blame yourself. You didn’t know Lib.”

I really had no idea. I had made up excuses for why the pills were making me sick suddenly. My period was never regular, especially while I was living rough on tour. The thought of being pregnant never crossed my mind. I didn’t think I could get pregnant at all but now it had happened.

“What are we going to do?” I asked. “I don’t know how to be a mom. We can’t be parents. Just look at us! We’re fucked up. We’re supposed to be touring right now. How am I going to tell our band? Oh God…”

I sobbed and he held me.

The next day we told the band and they flipped out. “How did this happen?” Drew demanded. “Didn’t you use a fucking condom? Are you that stupid?”

“We forgot condoms sometimes when we were high or drunk but we never had any problems. I thought the drugs fucked up my body and I couldn’t get pregnant,” I said.

“How are we going to tour now? This is just fucking great! Do you guys ever think?”

“Shut up Drew!” Sonny yelled. “Back the hell off. You don’t think we’re upset as it is?”

“You guys really messed up.”

“We know that.”

“What are you going to do?” Jake questioned.

“We’re going to keep it,” Sonny said.

“I’m not going to drink or drug anymore,” I said. “And I’ll talk to Sonny’s mom. She can help us.”

“You really think you can be parents?” Drew asked.

“We don’t really have a choice. I can’t get rid of our baby.”

Sonny and I hadn’t planned on getting pregnant but our baby was innocent. It had been created out of love regardless of if we were trying or not. This baby would be part of Sonny and I. I couldn’t get rid of it.

“You guys aren’t even a couple. What are you going to tell your kid? Are you going to tell them how you’re just fuck buddies and that you still screw other people on the side? How are you going to explain that?”

“Just shut up Drew!” Sonny shouted. “We’re going to deal with this, okay? Just leave us the hell alone.”

We continued the tour for a little while but once I really started to show we went home. We stayed with Sonny’s mom and grandma and I spent all of my time learning how to be a mom. Sonny and I eventually bought our own house and set up a nursery for the baby. He also made sure his two snakes were in a protected environment where they couldn’t escape or have the baby get to them. They were named Rain like the opposite of his name type deal and the other was Jazz thanks to our love of music. He loved them and they weren’t dangerous so we kept them.

We made our home warm and welcoming. It was crazy to see us settling down together into a parenthood roll. Our whole lived had been pretty unstable. Once we made a band it was beyond unstable, it was a train wreck. We lived in the shittiest places and did all kinds of messed up stuff with strange people. I had practically died once already. Our baby had almost died. But we were making it work somehow.

Sonny never saw any other girls the whole time I was pregnant and I of course didn’t see any other guys. We still never made our relationship official though. Things seemed like they might actually be okay despite all of the bumps in the road. We were going to be alright.

I went into labor three weeks early. My water broke at home. Sonny was playing me guitar one second and the next I was in labor. I started panicking and Sonny was panicking too but he tried his best to stay calm. He told me it would be fine and drove me to the hospital.

“It’s too early. We’re not ready. The baby’s not ready. Oh God…Sonny,” I was afraid and I held onto his hand as he stood by my bedside.

The pain from labor was intense and I threw up everything I had eaten that day into a trash can Sonny held up to me. I felt like I was dying but I tried my best to stay strong. A monitor started beeping and the doctor said the baby’s heart rate was dropping. He said the baby was in distress and they would have to deliver it immediately. I felt like I couldn’t breathe and I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. The last thing I remember was being rushed into surgery.

When I woke up a day later I was lying in a hospital bed and Sonny was sitting in a chair against the wall sleeping. “Sonny?” I called, confused.

He sat up and opened his eyes then walked over to me. He bent to kiss me on the forehead. “Libby, you’re awake. Thank God.”

“What happened?”

“They had to do surgery to take the baby.”

“Is it…is it okay?”

“He’s great. He’s perfect,” Sonny smiled proudly at me.

I felt relief then. “We have a son?”

“We do,” he nodded.

“What happened to me? I passed out.”

He got serious again. “Your body wasn’t dealing well with labor. Your breathing and your heart rate started going crazy and then your body started shutting down. They got the baby out but as soon as they did your heart stopped. They had to shock your heart back up.”

“I died?” My eyes widened in disbelief.

“You’re okay now though. That’s all that matters, you and the baby are okay.”

“Do you think it was all the drugs I’ve done? It’s bound to have taken a toll on my body.”

“I don’t know Lib but let’s not worry about it anymore. We’re parents now. You and the baby are doing good. It’s going to be alright.”

“Can I see him?” I asked. Sonny was right. Nothing else mattered but our family and that we were all well.

The nurse brought in our son then and handed him to me. I looked down at the perfect little bundle in my arms and smiled. “He looks just like you,” I said to Sonny.

“He does,” Sonny agreed. “What do we name him?”

“How about Shiloh?” I suggested. Almost everyone in his family had S names and someone once told me Shiloh meant gift and peace. This baby was definitely a gift and he would bring true peace into our lives like nothing else. Sonny and I had created a beautiful special baby boy.

“That’s great,” Sonny nodded.

A year passed and it was Shiloh’s first birthday before we knew it. He was a happy energetic baby who loved listening to music. He took right after his dad in personality and looks. Sonny’s mom and grandma threw Shiloh a little party. Jake and Drew even showed up. The band had stopped when I had to leave due to pregnancy. Jake and Drew went on to find a new band and stayed in contact with us. It was a great little party. Sonny’s mom made a cake and everything.

After all of the gifts were done Sonny brought me something. “Here’s a gift for you,” he handed me a bouquet of roses.

I smiled. “Thank you.”

Then he got down on one knee in front of me where I was sitting on the couch and pulled a small box from his pocket. He opened it to reveal a diamond ring. “Libby, you have been my world since we became best friends. No one could ever compare to you. There’s no one in this world like you. You are amazing. You’ve put up with me and been by my side through everything. You understand me and love me no matter what. I should have realized how meant for each other we were a long time ago. You’re the mother of our beautiful baby and you’ve been my best friend all of these years. There is no one I’d rather share my life and have a family with than you. Please, even though we never officially dated, will you do me the honor of marrying me Libby and becoming my wife?”

My eyes filled with tears of joy. Everything he said was true for me too. We were always meant to be together and I realized that now. We were perfect for each other all along. “Yes,” I nodded. “Yes I’ll marry you. I love you so much,” I hugged him tightly and kissed him as everyone clapped. He slid the ring onto my finger and six months later I married my best friend.

We had a honeymoon in Hawaii where we would conceive our second child. I was nervous after having literally died giving birth to our son but it went better this time. They had to deliver our baby by surgery again because it wasn’t in the right position for me to be able to give birth naturally but it worked out. I stayed conscious and Sonny was by my side as they brought our little girl into the world. We named her Sadie.

Two year later we had a two year old and a four year old and we couldn’t have been happier. Both of our beautiful babies looked just like him with light brown skin and dark curly hair. Shiloh had his father’s personality. He was very energetic and happy. Sadie looked like her father but had my personality. She was stubborn but smart for her age. Both of our children already had a love of music. Sonny and I had found a new band because neither of us could stay away from our passion for music and we played mostly locally. We travelled a little around the US but our lives were very different now that we had two babies in tow.

All of this time when things were crazy and we almost lost ourselves along the way, when I nearly died twice and somehow survived, Sonny and I had made it through together. He always told me it would be okay and it was. We had survived. We had overcome all of the obstacles and the hardships together. We had made a beautiful family together along with some great music. We finally reached our happily ever after. Sure there was still the occasional bump in the road but we could overcome anything as long as we had each other. Things had turned out more than okay. My life was better than I had ever imagined it could be. It was as perfect as life could be.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End

Thank you guys so much for reading and commenting. It really means a lot to me <3