Sequel: It's Complicated
Status: layout by Iris.

Anonymous

Fangirling

I screamed. At the top of my lungs. I was pretty sure that the entire neighborhood heard me. Someone probably called the police. And I didn’t give a flying fuck.

Because Louis William Tomlinson has read my fan-fiction. And he just told the entire world that he did. Or, at least, whoever was watching the show at the time.

“Oh, yeah,” Zayn spoke up from across the couch, leaning over Harry so he could get a better look at Louis. “The one I showed you the other day, right?”

I picked up a pillow from the top of my bed and promptly shoved it into my mouth to keep from screaming again. Holy fucking shit. How the fuck was I supposed to cope with that?

ZAYN FUCKING MALIK AND LOUIS FUCKING TOMLINSON HAVE READ MY FUCKING FAN-FICTION AND THEY BOTH FUCKING LOVED IT. OH MY FUCK.

“Yeah, that’s the one,” Louis responded with a smile. “Absolute genius. I should probably go back to the hotel after this and look to see if it’s been updated.”

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I HAD TO UPDATE MY STORY.

As they changed the subject again, I dropped off my bed, slamming into the floor, a shot of pain firing through my shoulder. But I couldn’t focus on it; my heart and head were still pounding, and I was afraid I was going to pass out. Or vomit. Or perhaps both. At the same time.

God, it was all so surreal. Louis Tomlinson liked my Louis Tomlinson fan-fiction on a random-arse writing website that no one knew about. How was that even possible?

“JESSICA,” my mother’s voice screamed in a slightly breathless voice as she slammed on the door. “ARE YOU OKAY IN THERE?”

“Fine,” I responded in a gasp. “Just…rolled off the bed. I fell asleep while I was watching television.”

“Please be more careful next time, huh?”

“Okay,” I agreed.

And with that, she walked back down the hallway, the stairs creaking under her weight, muttering something about how she didn’t even have to worry about me falling off the bed when I was a toddler.

As quickly as I could, I slammed out a chapter that was probably incoherent from my excitement, but I really didn’t care at the time. I just had to get it posted so that Louis could read it.

And Zayn. Because both of them read my story. And both of them liked my story. And Zayn wanted to be an English teacher, so that surely counted for something, right? Like more than the average opinion?

Ugh, who the fuck knew? All I knew is that I was on top of the fucking world because Louis Tomlinson liked my fucking story. Holy shit.

I posted the chapter, and at the end, I wrote a massively embarrassing author’s note. Not that I cared. My readers had read quite a few humiliating things about me that I liked the post in the author’s notes of stories. Although I hadn’t put any at the end of the Louis story yet, I figured it was about time.

OH MY GOD IF ANYONE WATCHED RICHARD STEVENS TONIGHT THEY WOULD HAVE SEEN THAT THIS STORY THE ONE YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW WAS MENTIONED AS ONE OF LOUIS’ FAVORITE FAN-FICS THAT HE’S READ AND HE CALLED IT BRILLIANT AND THEN ZAYN SAID THAT HE SHOWED IT TO HIM AND IT’S OCCURRING TO ME JUST NOW THAT THEY’RE GOING TO READ THIS YET I CAN’T CONJURE UP THE ENERGY TO CARE IT’S NOT LIKE THEY DON’T KNOW I’M A FANGIRL ANYWAY.

HOLY FUCK I AM FREAKING THE FUCK OUT. I ALSO CANNOT STOP SAYING FUCK. THAT IS HOW EXCITED I AM. *MASSIVE FANGIRL SQUEAL*

ALSO, SIDENOTE: HOW ADORABLE IS IT THAT LOUIS BROUGHT BACK THE STRIPED SHIRTS AND BRACES? UGH. I JUST LOVE HIM SO MUCH.


After I posted the chapter, I closed my laptop and bit my lip as hard as I could to keep from screaming again. I was starting to get concerned that a heart attack was possible, given the fact that my adrenaline had been pumping through my body so long and my heart had to work about ten thousand times as hard as it usually did. But at least I would die happy.

Hearing the news on the telly, I got up to shut it off. The news really didn’t interest me in the least. Especially not at the moment.

I grabbed a book off my bookshelf and started trying to read it, but my brain refused to stay occupied by the characterization and plot. All it wanted was to monitor my story obsessively to see if Louis or Zayn had read it and to see what people had to say about the whole event.

Ten minutes later, I pulled my computer over to my bed and logged back in. 6 new comments for The Words to Say, it informed me.

I took a deep breath and clicked on them. For some reason, I was nervous as hell. Why, I had no idea. I knew that there was no way that Louis or Zayn had commented on the story. They definitely didn’t have accounts on a writing website, even if they did creep on the stories.

Most of the comments were simply fangirling. One girl said that she knew it was my story he was talking about the second he said it, and she just about threw up on her television in excitement. The other five girls congratulated me and said that they’d watch the interview the second it went up on YouTube.

Just as I finished thanking them for their comments, a little notification popped up in the corner. New message from Some-Are-The-Beat.

A subconscious grin spread across my face as I clicked on it, prepared for the fangirling.

I was not disappointed.

OH MY GOD. I JUST SAW THE INTERVIEW ON THE INTERNET WHEN I CAME HOME FROM SCHOOL. AND LOUIS MENTIONED YOUR STORY. HOLY SHIT. I JUST ALMOST DIED.

CONGRATULATIONS, DUDE. YOU MADE IT.


And then she included a nice little GIF with Louis’ and Liam’s butt-five.

I burst out laughing, giddy on reality, and replied.

Ugh, thank you so much. :D I don’t even know what to do right now. I’m having too many feels. And the feeling that, at any given moment, LOUIS TOMLINSON could be reading my story. God…this is all so weird.

Her response came only a minute later.

Hey, I’m not surprised at all. I’m happy for you, but I’m not surprised. You definitely deserve it.

My fingers flew across the keyboard as I answered, my grin stretching from ear to ear.

Awww, you’re too sweet. And if they ever talk to me, I’ll definitely send them your way. Your stories are better than mine anyway.

Her reply was simple: Ugh, shut up. No they’re not. But much appreciated. :)
♠ ♠ ♠
Butt-five GIF for those who don't know:
Image

Yeah. So I think that I captured the fangirling thing well enough in this chapter, and I hope you guys agree with me. :) Although, if Louis ended up reading MY story, I would probably just burst into tears and keel over. Like actual death. But I guess Jess just clings to life a little better. :D