Sequel: It's Complicated
Status: layout by Iris.

Anonymous

Advising

“You said okay?” Elena gasped into her mobile receiver after I relayed the events to her. I hadn’t gone into too much detail about the part before, knowing that she didn’t want the gory intricacies of my love life, but I’d given her enough for her to realize that I’d made a really dumb mistake.

“Yeah,” I mumbled, running a hand through my hair and throwing myself back on my bed, feeling the mattress bounce underneath me. “I fucked up so majorly. You should have seen the change of the look in his eyes. It was the most disgusting thing I’ve ever seen in my life. I never realized I could hurt someone like that.”

“Don’t be so hard on yourself. You couldn’t have known that he thought you were truly, madly, deeply in love with him.”

Despite my consuming self-wallowing, the side of my mouth pulled up in a smirk. “Did you just-?”

“Shut up,” she snapped. “Okay, so after Louis came to talk to me, I gave them a bit of a chance, and I found that I like a couple of their songs. But most of their music still sucks.”

I swallowed back my laughter, trying to focus on the sadness that I still felt toward the situation. “Elena, just tell me what to do. I don’t want him to be angry at me forever.”

“Love, just wait a few days to make sure his anger has dissipated. Because he’s not really angry at you. I think he just offended you because he was hurt about getting rejected. Everyone does it. He probably thinks that you’re angry with him.”

“I was,” I agreed. “Last night after it happened. But once I slept, I just felt kind of awful. I keep picturing his eyes changing completely, his face going from a small, sweet smile to a look of, like, betrayal.”

“Just try to get it out of your head. Wait it out, and then go back to his flat and apologize. Then you guys will probably have make-up sex, and everything will be fine and dandy in the world again.”

I sighed before changing the subject. “What happened to you being against me having sex with him?”

“It’s pretty obvious you were going to do it anyway, so who am I to stop you?”

Image


TROUBLE IN PARADISE?

It’s no secret to any fan of One Direction (also known as Directioners. Too cute!) that Louis Tomlinson’s got a new woman on his arm. Everyone was in shock when he started going out with the plus-sized beauty, but we’ve all seemed to adjust, even if we’re just a teeny bit jealous that it’s not us he’s kissing while walking out of Starbucks (Click here for pics!).

But is there a storm brewing in the waters? Last Tuesday night, Tomlinson made a spectacle of himself at the after party for the British People’s Choice Awards. After drinking far too much, reportedly, he took the microphone from the DJ in charge of hosting the event and sang about three lines of the band’s newest single, Live While We’re Young, before burping for everyone could hear. Some were disgusted, some were drunk enough to think it was hysterical, and most others were just confused.

Tomlinson and his band refused to comment on the matter, but a rep of the band said, “Louis acknowledges that he’s made a mistake, and he hopes his fans can forgive him. We all have to keep in mind that this is a band of kids, and kids learn from these kinds of mistakes.”

Let’s just hope this isn’t the start of a Britney Spears meltdown for the fringe-rocking pop star!


I sighed and closed out of the window that held the article without bothering to look at the hurtful and useless comments. What was Louis doing with himself? Why did none of the boys cut him off earlier?

Part of me wanted to call him up and tell him off, ask him what the hell he was thinking to make such a fool of himself when he was the high-profile star he was. He should have known better.

But I knew that I would do nothing but get us deeper into an argument, and that wasn’t what I wanted. Plus, the more conceited part of me thought that he probably got that drunk to forget about what happened between us. It was a good idea, in theory. Though he should have had the common sense to realize that the execution probably wasn’t the best plan.

Suddenly, there was a series of harsh knocks on the door, followed by Maria’s voice calling, “Are you having computer sex with Louis?”

What?” I gasped. “No!”

At the sound of the second word, my little sister flung open her door and strolled in, slamming it closed behind her. “Don’t sound so shocked. I’m sure that’s what you do in your spare time.”

“How do you even know what that is?”

“I watch a lot of television I shouldn’t,” she explained smoothly. “And the internet exists, so it’s not that hard.”

I rolled my eyes and refrained from bringing up the fact that I didn’t know half the things she knew at her age, as I was positive that she would just roll her eyes and talk over me about how uninterested she was in my spiel. “Whatever. So what do you want?”

“I want boy advice,” she explained easily as she flopped next to me on my bed. “And asking you is easier than asking Mum. Plus, I figure you actually know a thing or two about it now, since you finally have a boyfriend.”

“I’m flattered,” I stated drily. “What’s your question?”

“So, let’s say I fancy a boy,” she started, not being subtle at all about the fact that the situation really was happening to her. “What should I do?”

“Depends on who the boy is,” I answered. “Is he cute?”

She glared at me. “Of course he’s cute. If he wasn’t cute, why the hell would I like him?”

Ooo. Sassy. “Okay, okay. Do I get to know his name?”

“No,” she replied in an irritated voice. “Will you just tell me what I should do?”

“Well…” I uttered slowly, trying to figure out a game plan. “Do you think he likes you back?”

She shrugged and looked down at my bedspread, tracing the floral design with her fingers. “I don’t know. I’m twelve. I haven’t exactly had a lot of experience with this. That’s where you come in. Just tell me what I should do, and stop asking so many questions!”

“Alright, alright.” I let out a sigh. “Why don’t you just tell him how you feel? If you open up to him, then he’ll feel free to express his own feelings back to you.”

Maria didn’t seem to like that answer much, judging from how she narrowed her eyes at me. “That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Is that how you got together with Louis?”

“Um…not exactly,” I answered cautiously. “He kind of asked me out first. So if you want to take that approach and just ask the kid out, then take that route.”

Her eyes lit up, her back straightening as she got excited with a whole new kind of energy. “I just got an idea! Bye!” And then she darted out the door without looking back once. No thank you, no acknowledgement that I’d just wasted ten minutes of my time trying to help her with her first relationship issue. Nothing.

I sighed loudly and ran a hand through my hair. Maybe she was right. Maybe my advice was dumb. After all, what did I know about relationships? I didn’t even know how to fall in love or how to lie to make someone feel better. I was a failure of a girlfriend.

Massaging my temples, I stared at the comforter underneath me and wondered if Louis was still angry with me. I knew I had to follow Elena’s advice about waiting a couple more days before approaching him, but the time frame seemed so far away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lalalala. Okay, this story is going to be coming to a close. So yeah. A few more chapters, I think. I'm sorry for any of the diehard readers of this story out there. But we'll always have Paris.

...That's the quote, right? Hahaha.

ANYWAY, yeah. And I keep getting all pumped because I have 115 recommendations, and then someone unrecommends. :( If you don't want to recommend my story, don't recommend it. MY HEART CAN'T TAKE THIS. Hahahahaha.