Sequel: It's Complicated
Status: layout by Iris.

Anonymous

Confusion

She replied?

I stared at my computer, completely filled with confusion. I thought I was just supposed to comment, make her smile with how much I liked her story, and that would be the end of it. I didn’t know that the writers commented back.

And if they did, did that mean that I was supposed to reply back to her? What was the proper etiquette of writersunite.com? Damn, maybe I should have read the terms and conditions. The rules might have been spelled out in there.

I scanned over her response a couple of times before I drew the conclusion that she really was looking for a conversation with the whole thing. She probably wanted to be friendly, figuring that new members wanted to make friends with the other users. And maybe that would have been the case if I joined and I wasn’t, well…me.

Oh, and she said, “I look forward to hearing from you in the future.” But whether that meant on her profile or on her story, I wasn’t sure.

I bit my bottom lip as I clicked on her profile. What the hell I was I supposed to say?

God, posing as a teenage girl was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be.

Finally, I decided on this:

Oh my god i didnt mean to make you cry! lol. but it really is a beautiful story. ive never read anything like it so thanks for being so awesome. :D

YAY. im glad that you found my comment helpful. i was really just trying not to fangirl. lol. and i can’t wait to read more of your story. so update soon! but no pressure. lol.


I hoped that sounded enough like the role I was supposed to by playing before I posted it to her profile and clicked away.

“What are you doing?” Harry’s voice came from the doorway. His arms were crossed in front of his chest, his eyebrows drawn in confusion, as he leaned up against the doorframe.

“Uh, nothing,” I rushed, shutting the top of my laptop so quickly and forcefully that the laptop screen probably cracked. Oh, well. There was no way I could check it then.

“You’re grinning like mad,” he pointed out. “What was that?”

“Nothing.”

Harry narrowed his green eyes at me. “You checkin’ out porn, mate?”

“Oh my God, Harry!” I groaned, getting to my feet and trying my hardest not to make my snort-laugh. “No, I’m not looking at porn. I’m not you.”

“Oh, please.” He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms in front of his chest. “I’m not the only guy that looks at porn. I’m pretty sure that every guy does at one time or another.”

“You’re disgusting,” I shot him down, getting to my feet, putting my laptop down on the bed next to where I’d been seated.

He shrugged, not really denying my claim. “So are you going to tell me what you were doing?”

“I was just on Twitter,” I laughed. “God, when did you get so curious?”

“Since when has Twitter made you smile? And why didn’t you tweet anything?”

“I was just looking at responses. And lots of them were nice for once.” I shook my head and walked out of the room, hearing Harry’s soft footsteps behind me. “Why do you need to know so badly?”

“Just wondering,” he muttered. “ALSO, I would like to inform you that I BEAT THAT GUY ON THE XBOX!”

He leapt in front of me like some kind of jungle cat and stuck out his hand for a high-five.

I slapped my hand against his to humor him before stepping around him to get into the kitchen. After pouring myself a cup of tea and readying it to my liking, I turned back to face my friend.

“What did he do when you won?” I asked, figuring that the reaction must have been pretty explosive, since Harry had been playing him for what seemed like days straight.

Harry chuckled for a second. “Ah, he used some language that wouldn’t be considered appropriate in some company.”

I snickered and took a cautious sip of the tea in my hand. “Expected. What did he say?”

“He called me an ass-licking fucker who wanks off to pictures of George Clooney in my room at night when I think everyone’s asleep.”

I shrugged, nodding subtly. “George Clooney is a pretty good looking bloke,” I agreed. “And I usually don’t go for older men.”

Harry burst out laughing. “Oh, is that what you were looking at? Was it good that I entered your room when I did and not a few seconds later?”

I shot him a sassy glare. “Aw, come off it. What is it with you and your obsession with what I was doing on my computer?”

“I wouldn’t be so curious if you just answered me. But the fact that you keep avoiding the question makes me think that you were doing something questionable.” He lowered his voice and leaned across the counter, wiggling his eyebrows a little bit. “Is it something that our fans would like to know about?”

“Oh my God!” I gasped, trying my hardest not to laugh, but a few giggles escaped, despite my efforts. “Harry, cut it out. And that’s final.”

He let out a breath, blowing a couple of curls off his face. “Okay, changing the subject. I vote that we all go out to the pub tonight, all five of us.”

“Well, Liam won’t be able to go,” I voiced. “It’s his and Danielle’s anniversary.”

“Shit. I forgot,” Harry mumbled. “I don’t know how I managed that, since he’s been talking about it non-stop for the past month.”

And you helped him pick out the necklace he’s giving her…” I trailed off slowly, trying to make him feel as pathetic as possible.

“Whoops. Whatever. Not my girlfriend.” He was quiet for a while before saying, “I wonder if that guy is still waiting for me for that re-match.”

“Probably not. You’re not that exciting to play video games with, you know.”

“Shut up. I was entertaining enough for whoever he is.”

I rolled my eyes. “No way. He just loved that you were so easy to beat.”

“Obviously not, since I beat him,” he responded cockily.

One time,” I reminded him. “One. Out of the straight week you played him.”

“HEY!” Harry interrupted, waving a hand in my face. “It was only three days, and I didn’t play while I was sleeping or recording or eating.”

“And how much time did that take up?”

There was a thick silence that settled between as us Harry pondered the answer. With every passing second, his face fell with the realization of the truth.

“You know what?” he voiced finally. “Shut up. I hate you.”

“Thanks. Love you, too.” I finished off my cup of tea and rinsed out the teacup before sticking it in the dishwasher.

“So are we going to the pub tonight, just without Liam?” Harry questioned as I made my way back to my room.

“Uh…” I trailed off, biting my lip. “I dunno. Why don’t you ask Niall and Zayn to see if they’re free?”

“Niall will make himself free,” he mumbled as he dialed a number. A minute later, he greeted, “Hello? Hey, Zayny-poo.”

“Oh, God,” I expressed as I struggled to hold back my laugh as I escaped into my room, shutting the door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
DISCLAIMER: Writersunite.com is a website that I fabricated. I have no idea if it's real, and I don't want to look. Hahaha. But for all intents and purposes of this story, it's not real, and everything on the site will come out of my imagination.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Thanks so much to everyone who guessed who Some-Are-The-Beat is. And the big reveal is that Some-Are-The-Beat is...

MICAH. A.k.a chasing carousels; :) She's such a beautiful person with a wonderful personality, and I saw this as the perfect opportunity to bring her into the story to show her how important she is to me. :D LOVE YOU, MICAH!

Ugh. Every time I see the Kiss 108 commercial with the boys in it...THE FEELS ARE NOT OKAY.

Also, I have a job interview tomorrow for a tutoring job at my local middle school... :o WISH ME LUCK, EVERYONE! :D Show choir also starts tomorrow...we'll see how hardcore I fail at singing. Hahahaha. Oh, lord.

THE SUBSCRIBER RATE FOR THIS STORY IS JUST ASTRONOMICAL. Ugh. I love you all so much. Like, I can't even take it. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Image