What Makes You Beautiful

you're perfect.

I was settling into Pittsburgh pretty well. My job was amazing, I loved the hospital. I was mostly working on the Maternity floor in the nursery. It felt like days were going by faster now that I was in the working force and able to go home to James when he was home.

The Penguins were having a pretty good season, Sid was healthier than ever. I loved watching my best friend play the game he loves. I loved being able watch my boyfriend play his heart out doing what he loves too.

Josie’s little bump was growing. Baby Crosby was growing stronger by the day. Sidney was settling into the idea of becoming a father more and more. He was picking out clothes, well pretty much hockey related baby stuff. Even James was looking at baby ideas every once and while. The five of us would be very happy together.

It had been almost a month in Pittsburgh. James and I had date nights at least once a week. The fans were starting to recognize me now. Most of them were pretty good. A few, the lovely girls who think they are everything aka the puck bunnies didn’t like it. I tried my best to stay away from those internet sites. But every once and while I looked, usually when James was on a road trip. He hated them. He hated seeing me upset.

The boys would be getting home in the afternoon from a quick road trip. I only had to work till noon so I decided to head over to James’ and wait for him there. I cleaned a few things up and did a load of laundry. He was so luck to have a great girlfriend who cleaned. I was mostly just board waiting for him. I sat on the couch, turned on the tv and then was creeping on my phone.

I stumbled on one of this sites. I knew I shouldn’t even care because I was the lucky one who got to call James mine. He wanted to be with me and no one else. He was perfect for me. But of course I read some of the comments.
Why is James Neal with some ordinary chick.
Neal could do so much better right?
He only likes her cause she had some sort of relationship with Crosby.
Her friend got knocked to trap Crosby, will she do the same

Why did people do this? Why did I even care. I was finally happy. I finally did the smart thing and just turn off my phone. I had a great job, wonderful friends and the most amazing boyfriend. I was happy. I never though this day would come and here it was. All because of James Neal.

I heard the door crack open. I ran to the door. James let go of his bags and I ran to his arms. Very cheesy but I really didn’t care. He wrapped his arms tightly around me and kissed me. I kissed him back with just as much passion. One thing lead to another, and before we knew it, we were on the couch. He was still just as gentle. He knew how to please a girl.

We cuddled on a coach after we finished up. He wrapped a blanket around us and held me close.
“I know I say it often, but I am so glad you are here” James said. I smiled.
“Me too.” I told him.
“How was the past few days?” He asked.
“Pretty good. Oh, do you want to hear the latest rumor about me” I asked.
“Aaliyah, what did I tell you.” He began.
“I found this one funny, and today you would have been proud. I didn’t cry when I read it, I just laughed then shut it off. I know you’re mine” I said.
“Okay. Let’s hear it” He said.
“Josie is trapping Sid, and I apparently will do the same to you” I told him.
“This people need to get lives” James said.

We showered and made supper. We had a lazy night since I had to work early in the morning. James was laying on the couch, flipping through the channels. I was walking down the stairs after taking the laundry upstairs. I sat on the end of the couch.

“Thank you for doing laundry. You don’t have to do that you know” James said.
“I know. I wanted to thou.” I said.
“You are the best” He said. I smiled.

He stood up and put a dvd in. He sat back down, and I cuddled in close. He held me close.
“What movie did you put in” I asked.
“Your favorite.” He said.
“What one. I have more than one” I asked again.
“You’ll see.” He said with a smile.

The beginning of the movie started and I smiled. I kissed his cheek. It was my all time favorite movie. Beauty and the Beast.
“You’re actually going to watch this with me” I asked.
“It makes you happy so yes of course” He said.
“You are amazing you know” I said.

I woke up the next morning, in James’ bed. He had his arm around me. I smiled. He was still sleeping. I did my best to get out of the bed without waking him. I got ready as quite as possible.

I was all ready for work. It was still pretty early and James was still in bed. I walked over to his side and kissed his cheek. He eyes opened and I smiled.
“I have to go to work but I just had to tell you something first” I said.
“What’s that” He asked. He had such a sexy morning voice.
“I love you James Neal” I said. He smiled and kissed me.
“I love you too Aaliyah Jane” He said. I headed off to work.

Work went over pretty well. I was working on the children’s floor. I loved being around kids. They were also so cute and inspiring. It was hard working with the ones who were extremely sick. But the fight they had was amazing.
There was a young boy, who had cancer. He was about eight. He had so much fight in him. He just starting to come back around. They didn’t think he would even last this long.

“Hi AJ” He said as I walked into the room.
“How are you today, Louis” I asked.
“Better” He said. “I have a question”
“What is that” I asked.
“I heard my older sister talking. Are you the nurse who knows James Neal” Louis asked. I smiled.
“That’s me.” I said. I knew who I was calling my break.
“That’s so cool” Louis said.

We talked a little more about hockey. He loved the sport. I knew it was helpful for him to keep his mind off him being sick so I didn’t mind chatting with him about it.

I did a few more rounds. A few hours past since I had gotten to work. I was in the break room and took out my phone. I called James, he was with Sidney and said he would be over soon.

About an hour later, James walked to the nurses station. I smiled and hugged him.
“What’s up AJ” He asked.
“I need a favor. I want you to meet someone” I said.

I lead him to Louis’s room. I smiled as I walked inside.
“Hey Louis. I have someone I want you to meet” I said.
“Who is it” He asked. I waved for James to come inside. Louis smiled was so bright. He parents were also in the room.
“Hi Louis.” James said walking inside the room.

They started talking and I knew this made his day. Sometime to help him get through the bad times. As I walking out of the room, his mother walked over to me.
“Thank you so much. Louis will love this forever” She said.
“You are very welcome” I began “When he asked me today about James. I knew right away I would ask him to come in for a visit”
“This will help him so much, you have no idea. Thank you once again” She said.
“It helps that he is my boyfriend. It was no trouble to get him in.” I said.
“James is a very lucky guy” She said. I smiled and walked back out.

James said for a while. Louis was in his glory. I was so happy to make his day. Watching James with him, put the biggest smile on my face. He was going to make such a good Uncle to baby Crosby and an even better father someday.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy :) i'm going to keep writing as there is NO lockout. let's just pretend bettman isn't real!

ps. comments. love hearing your guys feedback.