What Makes You Beautiful

hospital stay.

My eyes opened. I didn’t know where I was or how I got to this place. It took a few moments to realize I was laying in a hospital bed. I had wires hooked up to me, IV’s in my arms. I was scared. I was in pain. I had no memory of what happened. The last thing I remember was leaving the house after fighting with James.

Josie was walking into my room, when she noticed my eyes open, she practically ran to be side. She grabbed my hand.
“I am so thankfully too see those eyes.” She said.
“What happened?” I asked.
“You were in a car accident. You have been out for the past week.” She told me.
“I don’t even remember it.” I said.
“That might be for the best.” She said. “I’m going to go get the doctor.”
“Wait, where is James.” I asked.
“He and Sid are on their way home from the road trip. I pretty much had to drag them there. They really did not want to go. James is a complete mess right now.” She said.

She walked back out of the room and soon returned with the doctor. He began to check me over. I had a slight concussion, a broken arm and a few bumps and bruises. Someone ran a red light and hit the drivers side of my suv. I knew I was lucky. Things could have been a lot worse. I would be off work for at least a month, and would have just take it easy for the next little while.

Soon it was just Josie and I again. It would be another few days before I would be able to go home.
“Liam and your father are at Sidney’s. I called them and they will be over soon.” Josie said.
“Thank you.” I said.
“James is a complete mess. He won’t stop blaming himself.” Josie said.
“It’s not his fault. I shouldn’t have drove.” I said.
“It’s either of your guys fault. How are you feeling by the way.” She asked.
“Sore and tried.” I said.

Time past and my father and brother were in to visit. I knew this was horrible for my father. I knew it wasn’t my fault. But yet, I still felt bad. I put the people I love through a bit of hell.

The next morning Sidney was in my room first thing. A few of the guys from the team came to visit for a bit with flowers and chocolate. I was like a sister to them, so they wanted to make sure I was okay for themselves.

“James is a mess.” Sidney said when it was back to just the two of us.
“Where he is.” I asked.
“Down the hall, talking to your father and he keeps apologizing to all of us. Especially your father” Sidney said. “But you’re dad knows it was not his fault nor was it yours.”
“I want to see James.” I said.
“I’ll go get him them.” Sidney said. He stood up and headed out the door.
A few seconds later, James was at my door. I was happy to see him. I loved him after all. As soon as our eyes met, he started to cry, which of course made me start to cry. He walked over to my bed, he hugged me as best he could and took my hand. I kissed his forehead.
“Aaliyah Jane, I am so sorry. This is my fault.” James began. “I should have never let you leave, I should not have made you upset. I love you, I hope you know.”
“James, stop. It’s not your fault.” I said.
“We fought because I was a idiot. I was made we lost and I shouldn’t have gotten that mad over a picture” He said.
“We both were emotional. It was bound to happen at some point. Couples fight” I said.
“I was so scared I was going to lose you before we could fix this.” He said.
“I’m going to be just fine. We will work this out.” I told him.
“I love you, Aaliyah Jane.” He said.
“I love you too James.” I said. I kissed him, how I missed this.

“I’m sorry. I should have known you would never cheat on me. I was being stupid.” James said.
“Just next time, don’t get mad if you see a picture like that. Talk to me calmly about it.” I began. “I have guy friends on other teams and I want to see them from time to time.”
“I know. I should have realized that.” He said.
“I love you and I only want to be with you only.” I said.
“I love you more than anything.” James said.

After two and half weeks in the hospital I was finally about to go home. I was so happy. I worked at the hospital that was good enough, I hated staying in there like this. Seeing as it was the same hospital as I worked in, a few of the kids popped in for a visit. When I was able to move and walk around, I made sure to visit Louis. He was doing so much better, he kept talking about his visit with James.

As soon as I got home, I just laid in my bed. It was even comfier than before. I made James came lay down beside me, he wrapped his arm around my waist and held me close.
“I love you.” I said looking to his eyes. He kissed me.
“I love you too.” He said. He smiled then got up and handed me a little gift box.
“James, you didn’t have too.” I said.
“Just wait till you open it.” He said.

I sat up and opened the box. I got the biggest smile on my face. I jumped up and hugged him.
“Thank you so much.” I said.
“We missed Carrie Underwood, so I though this would help.” He said.
We had four tickets and backstage passes for the One Direction concert in Pittsburgh that was taking place in July.
“I love this. How did you know I even wanted to go” I asked.
“Maybe hearing you sing their songs all the time and how their cds ended up in my truck.” He said.
“Thank you for doing this. This means so much. I know you don’t like them.” I said.
“They were right though, you don’ know you’re beautiful.” He said
“The song that started everything for us.” I said. I stood on my tiptoes and kissed his lips. “I hope Josie has the baby by then so we can all go.”
“If she will even leave the baby” James said.
“For a night out like this, she will. She will need one.” I said.

James stayed the night, I didn’t want him to leave my side. It was still harder to sleep, with the pain and nightmares I was having.
“pshh James. are you awake.” I asked looking into his closed eyes. It was close to 2am. I couldn’t sleep. He had a day off so he could be awake at this hour too.
“I’ll do it tomorrow.” James mumbled. I had to laugh. I touched along his neck, his eyes opened.
“Why are you not sleeping.” He asked sleepily.
“I can’t sleep.” I said.
“Does this mean no one is allowed to sleep then.” He asked.
“Yes.” I began “We still need to talk about the fight.”
“Can this wait till I actually wake up.” He asked.
“James, please.” I said, sticking out my bottom lip.
“Not fair.” He said.
“Why did you get so mad over that picture. You still never told me that.” I asked.

James sat up, I was all ready sitting up. He looks at me, he held my hand.
“I was upset we lost, I seen you hugging Joey after they won. I seen that picture and just let my emotions take over. I know you wouldn’t cheat.” He said.
“I know you’re going to be upset when you lose, it’s just in your natural. I’ve dealt with that for a long time. But I don’t want it taken out on me.” I said.
“I understand. I’ve never had someone like you before. I don’t want to lose you.” He said.
“I’ve had to deal with this before and I never wanted to do it again.” I said.
“Aaliyah, I promise nothing like this will happen again. I know we will butt heads, but I know you would never cheat on me. After a game if i’m upset, i’ll just tell you instead of saying it’s nothing.” James said.
“I promise not to keep bugging you after a game when you are like that.” I said.
“I love you and I never want this kind of scare again.” He said.
“I love you too James and I promise I won’t leave next time.” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
i'm going to fast forward a little bit too. just so i can start writing more into josies pregnancy and all that.
enjoy. comments :)