What Makes You Beautiful

baby surprise.

Josie was checked into her room, James went to the arena since we couldn’t get ahold of Sidney by phone. Soon enough they were rushing back. It felt like forever but about five hours later, Josie was ready to push. We were finally going to meet baby Crosby. James was waiting outside in the waiting room with Sidney’s parents and sister, I was beside Josie’s bed. I couldn’t see anything but she didn’t want me to leave, she didn’t have her mother around, so I was the next best thing for her.

“Josie, it’s time. Push as hard as you can.” The doctor told her.
“I am.” She yelled. She looked at Sidney. “I hate you.”
“You’re doing great baby.” Sidney said.

We heard the little cry. Josie was crying, Sidney was crying and I were crying.
“Congratulations. The first one is a girl.” the doctor said.
“The first one.” We all asked.
“Josie, you are carrying twins.” The doctor said. I swear I though Sidney was going to faint.
“We never seen another baby on any ultra sound.” Sidney said.
“There are rare cases of this.” The doctor said. Handing the baby girl over to the nurse.

Josie pushed again and we heard the little cry again. We were all in shocked.
“It’s a boy.” the doctor said. Handing him over to the nurse.

Both were two healthily newborns. The nurse cleaned them off and placed them on Josie’s chest. They were finally here. I loved seeing my best friends so happy. They were the cutest little family.

After everything was cleaned up, it was just the six of us in the room. Sidney was holding his son, Josie was holding her daughter. I just couldn’t get over how beautiful they were.

“We need to pick names.” Josie said.
“We had so much fun with trying to pick one. Now we need two.” Sidney said.
“I think for our daughter, Brianna Jane Crosby.” Josie said. I smiled.
“It’s perfect.” Sidney said.
“Do you want to hold her.” Josie asked. I nodded. I walked over and held my god daughter for the first time.

“You are beautiful Miss Brianna.” I said.
“Looks good on you.” Sidney said.
“I think we have our hands full.” I said.

“What do you think of Blake Patrick Crosby” Sidney asked. Josie had tears in her eyes, both her parents names would live on in her children’s names.
“I love it.” Josie said.

“June 15th, 2013. Welcome to the world Blake and Brianna Crosby.” I said.
“Congratulations, they are both beautiful” James said as he was holding Blake. We each had a twin in our hand. Sidney snapped a picture.
“Those babies really do look good on you.” Sidney said.
“We will just help for now.” James said.

We left the new family alone for a bit. The boys had to play a game that night. Josie wanted Sidney to play, she was making him go. James had to drag him there if he had too. It was game six, and she wanted her babies to see their daddy play and win the Stanley Cup.

As soon as we got back to the house, James and I passed out in my bed. I woke up a few hours later to James getting ready for the game. As soon as he was done I jumped into the shower and quickly did my hair and makeup. I put on my Neal jersey with a pair of skinny jeans and my cowboy boots and I was ready for Game 6.

Sidney came home a while after us, he got ready. We first stopped at the hospital then the three of us headed to the arena. I hated leaving Josie there, but she said one of us needed to be there.

The boys did it. The fought hard and became the 2012 Stanley Cup champions. My boyfriend was a Stanley Cup winner.

As soon as I got down to ice level, James picked me up and brought me on the ice. I had tears in my eyes.
“I am so proud of you.” I said, kissing him.
“I can’t believe this is happening.” James said.

They did the on ice presentations. Sidney even won the Conn Smythe, so he won that, a cup and became a father all in one day. It was all very overwhelming. I knew Sidney really wished Josie and the twins could be there for all of this but they could enjoy the Cup all the summer.

I went out with the team, Sidney was out for maybe a half an hour and then he went to the hospital. Josie told him to enjoy his night, but he only wanted to be with his family.

I woke up extremely tried the next day, but I don’t think the smile left my face or James. We woke up cuddled still in out Penguins stuff in my bed.
“Good Morning my Stanley Cup winner.” I said kissing his cheek.
“I love how that sounds.” He said.
“I’m going to shower and get ready.” I began. “Then head over to see the twins and Josie.”
“I still can’t believe they have two children.” James said.
“Hard to believe they didn’t catch it. Brianna was protecting her younger brother, no wonder you couldn’t see Blake.” I said. “If that happens to me, I am breaking your hand.”
“Don’t make me excited for you to be in labour or anything.” James said.
When we got there, Josie and Sidney were feeding the babies. Josie was feeling great. She would be about to go home the next day. Both babies were doing great. It was such a blessing.

Sidney parents and sister were down anyways for the games and it was even better they were here for the birth of their first grandchildren. Trina was like another mother to myself and Josie, when we both lost our mothers, she was right there for us.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy :) comments.