What Makes You Beautiful

will you spend forever with me?

The day had finally come. James’s day with the Stanley Cup. He was so excited and I loved seeing how happy he was. He got to share something amazing with everyone he loved and cared about. He planned the perfect day.

He started out at the local hospital, followed by an event at the arena he grew up playing in then ended it with a party in his parents backyard. It was the perfect day for him. It was great to see how proud his town was of him. It was even better to see how amazing James was with the young fans.

The evening with his family and friends was wonderful. They made me feel so welcome. I loved how James was soaking up every part of this day. I took as many photos as I could.

“We need one of just you and Aaliyah.” His mother said to us.
“We will. Just give me one second.” James said walking back into the house.
“Hurry back.” she called after him. “Boys I tell you.” I just had to laugh.

James walked back out, we stood behind the Stanley Cup. His mother in front of us, trying to get in a good spot for the photo. He wouldn’t keep still.
“James quit it. We need at least one good photo of us.” I said.
“Hey look at what Dad is doing.” James said. I of course looked up towards the house.
“Look here and smile.” His mother said. James wrapped his arm around me. We finally had at least one photo from the day that wasn’t too bad.

“What’s inside the cup.” James asked. I looked down and tears began to form in my eyes. Then I looked over at James who was now in front of me down on one knee.

“Aaliyah Jane, from the moment I met you, I knew there was something special about you. I loved this past year getting to know you, you are so much more than you give yourself credit for. I want to spend forever with you, having a family of our own.” James began. “Will you make this day even better and marry me.”

Tears were falling from my eyes. I was in shock. I finally got the guy, I finally get my dream to come true of being happy.

“Yes, James. I will marry you.” I said. He slid the ring on my finger. He wrapped his arms around me and held me close, I stood on tip toes and kissed him. “I love you.”
“You’re mine forever AJ.” He said.

He slid the ring on my finger.

It was the perfect way to end the day. I couldn’t believe it. I was finally going to have the man of my dreams. I was finally going to be happy. Last summer was not the easier with dealing with relationships and I didn’t think I would ever get a chance to have an amazing guy want to spend the rest of his life with me and now I have James.

I woke up the next morning with a nice headache, James arms were wrapped around me. I looked down at my hand and smiled.
“Good morning fiancée” James said. I smiled.
“I love the sound of that.” I said.
“Well I love to say it.” James replied. “I wanna show you off, lets go out for breakfast.”
“Let me shower and I’ll be ready.” I told him.

“Ready fiance.” I said walking into the living room.
“Let’s go.” James said.

We headed outside and got into his truck. We headed down to the local cafe. A few people come up to James, mostly young fans which was always a joy to see. We had a few people congratulated us, news like this travel fast. We told my Dad last night, but then he let it slip that James actually called him before hand to ask for his permission. Dad loved that about James and was happy to say yes.

I called Josie and Sidney and some close friends so they didn’t have to hear from it from other places.

James and I spend the afternoon doing more site seeing. I loved just relaxing and hanging out. We would be retuning to Pittsburgh because I would have to go back to work for two weeks before we would be going home to Cole Harbour with Josie and Sid. We would get to have our own time together at home but I wanted to give Josie a hand. Traveling with baby twins won’t be the easiest thing.

Spending a few more days with James and his family then we were packing up and head back to Pittsburgh. I couldn’t believe I was coming home with a ring on my finger. I couldn’t wait to get back to Cole Harbour now.

It was mid afternoon by the time we got back to Pittsburgh. James and I headed into the side entrance of the house just in case the twins were sleeping. We set our luggage down and I could hear Josie and Sid so we headed upstairs.

“You’re home. Look at my favorite newly engaged friends.” Josie said hugging us.
“We are so happy for you guys.” Sidney said.
“Thank you.” We said.

Then we heard little cries. I smiled.
“Can we go get them. I missed them so much.” I asked.
“Go right ahead.” Sidney said.

James and I headed upstairs. I opened the twins rooms. I could’t believe how much bigger they had gotten in just two weeks. We picked up a twin and changed them and got them ready.
“Look at you Brianna, you are so big.” I said.
“How’s that slapshot coming Blake.” James asked.
“I can’t believe how big they are now.” I said.
“I can’t wait for us to have our own children.” James said.
“Let’s see how living together goes first.” I said. We laughed.

We brought the twins downstairs. I helped feed them and we just sat around gushing over the twins, rings and wedding plans.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long.
school and coming home took over for a while.

comments. enjoy :)