What Makes You Beautiful

see you soon.

I wanted to spend more time with James before he left so after the date I headed back to Sidney’s with him. We sat on the coach and talked for most of the night. He didn’t want to upset Sidney, so he stayed there while I went up to the guest room to sleep.

They were up before I was. I slowly walked down the stairs, I could hear them talking in the kitchen.
“I’m not going to hurt her I promise” James said.
“I know. I just have to protect her” Sidney said.
“I understand. You have nothing to worry about with me. I met Brody last night, and you have no idea how badly I just wanted to punch him right then” James said.
“He better hope I don’t have the chance” Sidney said.
“I don’t think she’s going to give me a shot anyways” James said.
“She just wants to finish school, maybe after she moves down it will be different” Sidney said.
“I hope. I could see myself calling her my girlfriend” James said.
“Look at you Neal. Come to Cole Harbour to party and end up falling in love” Sidney said.

I walked into the kitchen and got something to eat.
“Nice shirt” Sidney said.
“What are you two talking about” I asked.
“Just the upcoming season” Sidney said.
“Could you talk about anything else” I asked.
“Nope” Sidney said. “I’m going for a run. I’ll be back before you leave Neal.” Sidney was out the door, just leaving James and I.

“How was your sleep” I asked.
“Pretty good” He said.
“Want to go out by the water” I asked.
“I would love too” He said with a smile.

We walked outside, it was a beautiful day. He laced his hand with him, I smiled.
“I hate that you leave today” I said.
“Me too” He said. “Soon enough, you’ll be in Pittsburgh”
“So, Sid will tell you, I can’t lie to save my life. I heard you guys this morning” I began “I have to ask, why don’t you think I would give you a shot”
“I kinda figured you’d hear. I just figured you don’t want to deal with a relationship right now” He said.
“It’s kinda true but I think you’re different and would be good for me.” I began “I’ve always went for the wrong guys because I though it’s what I deserved. I mean you are a NHL star, you could have anyone why settle for a small town girl”
“You are worth so much more than that. I like you cause you’re different, you don’t care who I am. Most girls want me because of my job. It’s nice to be around someone who doesn’t let that effect it” James said.

Could he be anymore perfect. I still didn’t want to rush, but Pittsburgh was going to be a wonderful change. I was ready for that. I was ready for someone to treat me good for once and not just want or use me for something.

“I think Pittsburgh is going to be a great change” I said with a smile as we headed back inside.
“It will be a great change” We heard Sidney say as he walked into the living room.
“It will be a good time” James said.

James was getting his things ready. This sucked, I never knew a weekend of fun would turn out like this.I walked into the room just as James was zipping up his suitcase.
“This sucks” I said.
“I agree.” He said. He walked over and pulled me close. He bent down and really kissed me. Feelings just came flooding and I kissed him back just as passionate. “I didn’t want to do that in front of Sid.”
“That’s totally fine with me” I said with a huge smile.

We walked down the stairs. Sidney was sitting in the living room. It was time to go, the three of us headed out to the car and we were off to the airport. I was trying so hard not to just start balling. Sidney pulled in and parked the car. We all got out, they did their guy handshake.
“I’ll see you soon enough. Safe travels” Sidney said.
“Thanks for letting me crash. See ya soon” James said.

Sid let James and I walk in together, so we can have a not so awkward goodbye as he liked it call it. James got checked in. It was getting even harder not to start crying. James was ready to go through security, so we finally had to say goodbye. James wrapped his arms around me and I finally started balling.
“I’m going to miss you” I said.
“Soon enough, we will be in the same place again” He said.
“I can’t wait” I said.
“This was the best weekend” He said.
“Couldn’t of asked for a better one” I said.

I kissed him one last time, he held me close. How could I be falling for someone this fast. I really wanted to go to Pittsburgh now. He finally let go. He was off and I walked out. Sidney gave me a hug and I got into the car and he took me home.
“You’ll be alright” He said.
“Work is going to suck today” I said.
“Taylor will be at my place if you want to join” He said.
“Thanks. I’ll text you later. Thanks for everything” I said. I hugged him goodbye and then headed into my place.

I showered and got ready for work. My shift went over pretty well, my co-workers were just itching to know what was going on with James and I. As I was leaving the hospital, my brother was walking in. I pretty much lost my cool.
“What happened” I asked. Rushing over to him and my dad who was walking behind him.
“I seen Brody tonight” Liam said. I finally came clean and told them everything. It was so hard but glad it was out with them, it was something I couldn’t hide.
“He did this” I asked. I was unbelievably pissed off. The doctor was looking him over, his nose was broken. While the doctor was focusing on him, my father took me aside.

“Dad, this is my fault. I’m so sorry” I said.
“Aaliyah Jane, this is not your fault. Liam was out with his friends, and Brody couldn’t mind his own business” My father said.
“If I would have told you sooner, this wouldn’t of happened” I said.
“Don’t blame yourself” He said.

We walked back into the room, Liam would be just fine. I was still pretty upset. As we were walking out, he put his arm around my shoulder.
“Don’t worry, you should see the other guy” He said. I had to laugh.
“He better be worse off” I said.
“I’m heading over to Sid’s” I said.
“Alright. Remember this is not your fault” My dad said. I hugged them goodbye and got into my car. I had a message from Brody saying my brother should learn to mind his own business. I decided to save it, just in case this would be needed later.

Seeing as I don’t reply to him, he soon started calling my phone. I still was ignoring him. I drove to Sidney’s place. I parked in his driveway and headed inside. He was in the living room with Taylor. I gave her a hug and then went upstairs to change out of my scrubs.
“How was work” Sidney asked as I was finishing getting dressed.
“Not bad, until I was leaving” I said.
“What happened” He asked.
“Brody and Liam got into it. Liam has a broken nose” I said.
“Brody will get whats coming to him” Sidney said.

We headed downstairs, and put on a movie. I told James what happened, so of course he called to make sure I was okay. He asked if he should come back. I told him, I’d be okay and soon enough I’d be away from all of this.

Things were slowly starting to get better and I was happy again. It felt nice to actually smile and not have to fake it. James was a huge part of this.
♠ ♠ ♠
we can just pretend that there will be a nhl season for now.

ps. enjoy :)