What Makes You Beautiful

back in cole harbour.

The next morning was horrible. I spend most of it running to the washroom, washing my face but you could tell that I had been crying.
“AJ, it’s going to be okay. Soon enough you will be back” James kept telling me.
“I know. It just sucks.” I said.
“As much as I don’t want too, let’s head over to Sidney’s and get your stuff” He said.
“Security is going to have a field day with these eyes” I said.

We headed out to his truck and he drove off towards Sid’s. These two months better go by fast. I was ready for this more than every. James was perfect for me. It still felt surreal that a big shot NHL player would even care about this small town girl. He proved all guys were not the same.

My stuff was ready to go at Sidney’s. Josie packed it for me, she was the perfect best friend. I would kinda hope she would move down too. It would be the best of both worlds.

We headed to the airport. I was trying so hard not to burst into tears. I hated goodbyes in the first place and now that James and I were official, it made it even harder. Josie and I got checked in. It was soon time to board. I was cuddled into James chest, I didn’t want to let go. He kissed me and told me it was going to be alright. I gave Sid a hug.

“Thanks for everything” I said.
“Soon you will be here for good” He said.

Josie and I headed to security. We boarded the plane and took our seats. I was still tearing up. I got tried from crying so I feel asleep. Josie woke me up when we got into Halifax a few hours later. My brother was waiting for us when we got off the plane. We grabbed our stuff and headed home. I just wanted to sleep.

I text James to tell him that we made it home safe and sound. I couldn’t call, I knew if i heard his voice I would just start crying again. I set my suitcase down and laid on my bed. I soon feel fast asleep.

I woke up the next morning, I unpacked a little then got ready for work. I started classes the next day, and I wanted them to go by fast.

It had been about a week since we left Pittsburgh. I would talk to James everyday. The road trip was going good for them.

Josie and I were hanging out in my room on a rare night off from school and work. We were just sitting on my bed, music in the background and we were just having girl time. We were looking at different things online. Old photos, videos, shopping sites, tumblr. We came across this random hockey one site that talked about players and their girlfriends, wives and families kinda deal.
“You should just click exit” Josie said.
“Why. I don’t even know how we got here” I said.
“Some people have nothing better to do then post random stuff online” Josie said.
“Did you see something somewhere? Is there something about me on here? How would people even know” I asked.
“Slow down question master” Josie began “No, I am just saying.”
“I’m nosey though. I want to see” I told her. She just rolled her eyes, she knew how I was, that’s why she was my best friend.

We looked through some different pages. There it was a couple pages in. A photo of James and I leaving the country restaurant in Pittsburgh. I should have just click the X button. But of course I read the comments.
“How can people some of this. They don’t even know me” I said. Comments saying I wasn’t pretty enough for James, he was a NHL star he could do so much better. I was reading everything I though about before.

“You and James are perfect for each other. They are just jealous” Josie said.
“I’m too small town for him. I’m never going to get use to this” I said.
“Aaliyah Jane, stop it right now. You two are great together.” Josie began. “I haven’t seen you this happy in such a long time.”
“This is why you are my best friend” I said.
“Oh I know” She said with a laugh.

I let it go. I know I had to get use to people talking. I needed to get over that. James liked me for me, he wouldn’t be with me otherwise. A while later Josie went to sleep on the couch in my bed. I was laying on my bed when my phone rang. I quickly walked out of my room and into the living room.
“Hey Babe” I said.
“I miss you” James said on the other line.
“I feel the same way.” I said.
“I hope I didn’t wake you. We just got in and wanted to hear your voice” He said.
“And you are checking in because Josie probably told Sidney I was a little upset earlier” I said.
“Well that too. You alright” He asked.
“Just will take some getting use to I guess. It’s everything I have said right there on a screen” I said.
“Aaliyah, please don’t do that.” James began “I want to be with you and no one else.”
“I know. It’s just weird to get to use to people talking about you who have no idea who you really are” I said.
“Welcome to that world” He said.
“I miss you.” I said.
“I can’t wait till you are back.” James said.

We talked for a little while. It was late but he was on the west coast so I didn’t care. I needed to hear his voice. It always made me feel better.

I woke up tried in the morning. Josie was walking into my room, all ready for classes.
“James called eh” She said.
“How did you know” I asked.
“You are usually up before me” She said. That was a true fact.
“He did call. Someone told someone why I was upset yesterday” I said.
“You need to hear it from him to make it stick” She began “Now go get ready”

I got ready and we headed off too school. It was a pretty normal day. Exams would soon enough to be here then it was be done time. I hated exams. I had to start studying early, I wanted to make the Dean’s List one last time. I knew it would make my dad even more happier.

I was heading out to my car, ready to go home when I heard a voice I hadn’t heard in so long.
“Someone thinks they are too good for everyone now that she’s fucking some hockey player” Brody said.
“Leave me alone” I said as I turned around.
“See, too good for us little people” He said.
“I don’t have time for you because you are an abusive prick” I said.
“You need to stop spreading those lies.” He said
“You shouldn’t have done it then. Hitting both me and my brother” I said.
“Your brother had that coming” Brody said.
“Whatever. Stay away from me” I told him.

I got in my car and began to drive home. I couldn’t believe I finally stood up for myself with Brody. I was finally healing. I was getting better. All because of James.
♠ ♠ ♠
classes have started, but i will try and update as much as i can. so forgive me if things are a little late.
thanks for reading.
comments :)
xoxoxo