What Makes You Beautiful

the move.

The next few weeks felt like they dragged on. Finally all the hard work paid off. I was a nurse. I graduated from university on the Dean’s List. I was more than excited and ready to move on. It was finally time to leave the small town of Cole Harbour.

I was packing up the rest of my stuff. I didn’t know how I was going to fit everything into a few suitcases. I would have to do some shopping when I got to Pittsburgh.
“I was you were coming. I’m going to need a shopping spree.” I said to Josie was who was over helping me.
“Maybe I should just move too” She said.
“Don’t play games.” I said. She looked at me with a huge smile. “What is going on?”
“I’m moving down too actually” She said. I looked at her.
“YOU ARE” I asked standing up.
“I wish Sid was here too, but you are our best friend. We want you to know before everyone else.” Josie began. I just looked at her wide eyed. “I’m pregnant”
“WHAT” I asked. “Congratulations”
“Sidney and I though it would be best since my parents aren’t here anymore and plus you and James will be there” She said.
“Are you okay with all this? Like this is sudden” I asked.
“Halloween party got the best of Sid and I. We want to make this work. I mean, we have been close forever and spending all that week with him. I think this will be just fine” She said.
“I’m going to be an aunt.” I said hugging her.

A few days past and it was finally happening. I moved to Pittsburgh. I was still living at Sidney’s place. We though it was best and also the only way my father would let happen without a huge fight.

James was helping me set up my room. He had an off day, I just loved this time I didn’t have to say goodbye. We could now be together.
“A baby eh” James said.
“I know, so crazy. I think they are going to make great parents though.” I said.
“I didn’t even think they liked each other that way” James said.
“Off and on they did. It was just never the right time. Josie was always against being with someone who was on the road so much.” I told him.
“Well at least she won’t be alone” he said.
“I all ready signed us up for babysitting” I said.
“That should go over well” He said.
“You’re great with kids. I seen the videos” I said walking out of my closet.
“Creep” He said with a laugh.
“Hey. I’m here for good, don’t make fun. I can take things away” I said.

He walked over to me and held me tight. He pressed his lips against my neck.
“Oh really now.” He said.
“Not fair James” I said. Trying to get out of his grasp. He moved his lips slowly up my neck, pressing his lips against mine. A heated make out session started. A few moments later, I place my hand on his chest.
“We don’t need two babies running around here” I said.
“It could be fun” James said.
“No babies for a long time. We will just spoil baby Crosby for now” I said. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead.
“You will make a great mother to our children someday” he said. I smiled.

We finally got back to unpacking my things. My room was coming together nicely. I had my door partly opened. I could hear a little shouting then a door slam. I looked at James.
“You get Sid. I got Josie” I said. We both walk out of my room and he headed downstairs while I headed towards the other side of the house and knocked on Josie’s door. I slowly opened it and seen she was crying. I wrapped my arms around her.

“What’s wrong babe” I asked.
“Sid wants to tell the public now so he doesn’t look bad down the road.” Josie began “But I’m still early. I’m only three months along. I don’t want them to know.”
“How does he get it will make him look bad” I asked.
“Having a baby with some girl he’s not married too or was even dating at the time” Josie said.
“He will get over it. I don’t think you should tell the media at all. He’s in the media light for playing hockey. They can find out on their own.” I told her.
“I get it does look bad, but what’s done is done.” Josie said.
“In six months there will be a healthy baby that will make our lives so much better” I told her.
“Thanks. I’m over emotional” Josie said.
“No more stress. Not good for my little babes” I said. I gave her a hug and let her rest. I walked out of her room and headed downstairs.

“She any calmer” Sid asked.
“Yes. Don’t do that again” I told him.
“Not all my fault” Sidney said.
“No more stress on her.” I began “Let the media find out later on. So what if they talk. Your fans will still love their perfect little Sidney”
“I know. It’s just hard to deal with her emotions” He said.
“Get use to it” James said.

James and I headed out the door. I heard Sidney yelled. Don’t keep her out too late. We laughed. I got into the passenger side of his truck and he got into the drivers side. He drove off and we headed towards the park.

It was a crisp winter afternoon. James parked the truck and he took my hand and we started walking. I knew things wouldn’t always be this easy but I would enjoy all this time together. Soon enough Playoffs would be here before we knew it and I just wanted to watch my boyfriend win a Stanley Cup.

“Are you excited to start work” James asked. I was lucky enough to get a job with the local hospital. I would be mostly on the children’s floor, which I really enjoyed.
“Yes. Also a little nervous too” I said.
“You will do great” He said.
“Thanks. It will be hard, but I want to help someone” I said.
“I know you will” James said.

A few people walked by us. Taking a second look to see if that was really James Neal. I was somewhat getting use to it. A few little kids stopped him, which was so cute to see. Their smiles were such a joy to see. He loved his fans.

A few others just looked and kept on walking. Though there was a few people who weren’t the nicest. Saying little comments like he’s with her. he could do so much better. That was still hard to get use too. Though I didn’t think I ever would.

James held me even closer and kissed me in the middle of the parking lot. I softly smiled at him. We headed back to his place. Just a quite evening of hanging out.

We got back to his placed and I sat on the couch while he got popcorn and a movie ready. He sat down on the couch, I laid my head on his lap and he wrapped his arms around me.

“I love you Aaliyah Jane.” He said looking down at me. I Smiled.
“I love you too James Neal” I said.
“Don’t even listen to those kind of people. You are perfect to me” He said.
“Thank you and I won’t. I got you and that’s all that matters” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
i really wanted to start writing with aj and james in pittsburgh so i fast forward two months ahead. i'm still going to write as there is a NHL season happening.

thanks for reading :)
enjoy.
ps. comments :)
xoxoxox