Love Through Snapshots

Scars

She woke before him, the few rays of sun creeping through the sheet curtains disturbing her sound slumber. 

Ever so gently she rolled onto her stomach, the heavy weight of his pale arm shifted to her petite back.

Pink lips curved into a smile as she watched his lean chest rise and fall with his gentle breathing. He looked almost childlike as he slept, like nothing could touch him and everything was okay.

It was a nice change from the worried lines he seemed to have sprouted over night and the adult like manner in which he carried himself when he was with the pack. 

She tensed slightly as he began to frown, those perfect lips of his puckered and his slender eyebrows drawn together. She reaches up and moves a few stray curls off of his forehead.

He grabs her hand before she draws it back and has her pinned beneath him before her heart takes two beats. 

"You weren't supposed to wake up" She pouts, glaring softly as his blue eyes dance mischievously down at her.  He gives her a heart melting smile and she can't pretend anymore, she lets a smile of her own show before he leans down and kisses her.

She sighs as he pulls away, already missing the pressure of his lips on her own. He smiles again and brings his lips down to meet hers once more, using a gentleness that only shows when he is with her.

Before he pulls away completely she kisses a scar on his cheek, directly below his eye. He grimaces at her, shooting her a look of disapproval as she reminds him of his human past.

"It doesn't make you weak Isaac" her voice is soft and caressing as she strokes his cheek. " Scars show what you have been through. The more you have the tougher you are." 

She punctuates her statement by kissing another on his shoulder, and another on his wrist and palm before he stops her. 

Isaac holds her chin in his thin hand and smiles softly. "Only you are crazy enough to believe that."  She shakes her head at him and pulls him on top of her, resting her head between his neck and shoulder.

"Crazy about you" She whispers before sleep takes over her frame once more. Isaac smiles and shifts so they are on their sides, sweeping a few strands of ebony waves away from her mouth.

He looks at the back of his hands and his arms, looking back from his scars to the beautiful creature in his arms. He smiles again before settling in next to her, deciding that she was right. The scars weren't completely horrible, they had brought him to her.