Chill

One

Ugly. Chubby. Four-eyes.

The rain pattered gently on the metal roof of the porch as I stared out the window, unmoving.

Boring. Plain. Stupid.

A tear slowly slid down my left cheek, and I quickly wiped it off. I hated showing any sort of vulnerability, even when I was in the comfort of my own home. But then another tear fell, and another, and another. Soon, enough tears were falling to mimic the rain pouring just outside the window. I didn’t try to stop them anymore. I had contained my sorrow long enough.

Maybe it was my glasses, my dull black hair, or the way I always had my head buried in a book, but something about me screamed “WEAKLING” to everyone at school. Many found it fun to torment me with insults. Every day as I walked down the halls, people would openly jeer at me. Some covered their mouths with their hands and whispered to each other as I walked by. They thought I couldn’t see, that I couldn’t tell that I was the subject of their whispered conversations. But I could.

It was like a game to them. Whoever could make me break wins. Unfortunately for them, I had yet to be broken. And I never planned to be. I wasn’t the frail china doll everyone made me out to be.

I was much stronger.
♠ ♠ ♠
The purpose of this chapter is to show how Allie (the main character) is treated at school.
I’m not sure how long each chapter will be yet.
Comments are lovely. <3