Status: Completed, after a three day mad rush trying to get this finished as a friend's birthday present.

Thank You for the Coffee

~ 12 Days Until Hand In ~

Today was the day, Frank was almost certain of it. He had no idea why it had taken so long between suggesting that he and Gerard hang out properly and actually getting around to putting it into action, but he was just feeling it tonight. It was something new and exciting, and he’d made it damn clear to Gerard simply through the power of suggestion what this was going to be. He had warned his mom he might be hanging out with Beth tonight, so if he chickened out and couldn’t work up the courage to ask, he wouldn’t look like a loser when he slunk back home.

Gerard seemed to have been getting a lot done tonight, as every time Frank looked over he was hunched over his sketchbook, nose practically pressed to the paper. Frank angled his head toward the clock to check the time, and finding his estimations to be correct he lifted the pre-cut slice of cake from the cabinet and made his way over to the booth. Gerard seemed to sense his presence, looking up and making grabby hands for the sponge.

“I’m gonna put on all that weight I lost” Gerard sighed with mock-feeling, shovelling in the cake without hesitation. He’d laid the correct change out on the table already, so Frank scooped it up ready to pop into the till. He turned it in his hand for a moment, looking down at Gerard and wondering how he’d found himself crushing on a guy. It made his stomach turn over with nerves, but he waited until Gerard looked up again – sucking some cream from the very tip of his thumb – and bit the bullet.
“You free to hang out tonight?”

Gerard’s mouth relaxed but he didn’t move his thumb yet, looking steadily up at Frank as if to check he was being serious. The hand lowered, curling around the edge of his plate.
“Sure. ...Joe’s at his parents.” Frank’s mouth quirked before he could stop himself. It was a decidedly happy coincidence. “I’ll stay ‘til closing and we can walk together.”
Frank nodded happily, stomach flopping over itself the whole time.

The rest of the shift passed slower than Frank thought physically possible. He was nervous as fuck. He was so anxious to leave that he’d started clearing up even earlier than usual, meaning that by 11:05pm they were already locking up and heading back to Gerard’s place.

They walked together closely, shoulders brushing every couple of steps. They were silent, not knowing quite what to say. Frank had no idea what was about to go down, how he would handle it or whether he’d even like it. Looking down at him shyly, Gerard’s little finger tentatively hooked itself around Frank’s. It was cute so Frank let him, not moving away and not shifting to slide his hand into Gerard’s palm.

When they got to the door, Gerard fumbled a little with the key, and Frank tried not to laugh, realising for the first time that his friend seemed to be just as nervous as he was. This time when they went indoors, the house smelt of nothing but normality, and they weren’t falling over bottles to step into the hallway. Gerard locked the door behind him and hung his canvas bag over the bottom of the banister. Frank shrugged off his backpack and hoodie together, letting them drop to the floor with a thud.

“You...want to?” Gerard asked timidly, shaking his hair into his eyes to obstruct his view of Frank.

They were keeping all suggestions of what was about to happen deliberately vague, which made Frank feel a lot better about the situation. He wanted to try something but he wasn’t anywhere near sure enough – nor curious enough – to commit to going all the way. That was still a terrifying and vaguely nauseating idea to him. He took a few shallow breaths, lips slightly parted as he looked up at Gerard.
“Okay.”

*

Gerard was nervous as fuck as he led Frank upstairs by the hand. He’d never been anyone’s first gay experience before, let alone somebody he liked so bad. He’d spent a lot of time over the last couple of months brushing off the jolt in his belly every time Frank smiled at him, telling himself that he could work things out with Bert, and besides, Frank was straight. But here they were. Frank clearly was not as poker straight as he thought he was, and this made Gerard happier than it should.

He wanted to be with Frank, really be with him. He wanted to cuddle like idiots whilst having movie marathons with a bowl of popcorn neither of them would eat. He wanted to make Frank dinner, even though he wasn’t really very good at it. He wanted to hold his hand as he walked him home from Westside. He wanted to give Frank a kiss good luck before his interview at Rutgers. He wanted to see Frank naked, although they would definitely be taking things slow on that count.

He let go of Frank’s hand and closed the door behind him. He was unsure to proceed from here, especially with Frank’s inexperience, so he decided to be the gentleman and let Frank decide what was going to happen.

Frank had sat down on the bed and had already removed his shirt. The pang of heat went straight to his stomach, and he mirrored the action, dropping his own on the floor. Frank was looking up expectantly, lips slightly parted, the bottom one moist with saliva. Gerard moved closer, and leant down, joining their mouths together.

It was so much better than the last time. For a start, he wasn’t trying to protect Frank from the taste of stale vomit, and secondly, it was far more insistent. Frank was pushing back, sliding his tongue up against Gerard’s, knowing this part like the back of his hand. They kissed like this for a minute or so, movements growing increasingly desperate and Gerard’s urge to touch himself growing stronger. When he got up the courage to do so, sliding a hand down to press over the bulge in his jeans Frank pulled back, leaning against the wall and watching, eyes wide.

“Frank?” Gerard said softly, turned on by the way Frank was staring at him. “You’re calling the shots, okay? What do you want to do?”
Frank licked his lips once, flicking his eyes between Gerard’s hand and Gerard’s mouth, and popped the buttons on his jeans. Gerard leant down to help, removing Frank’s sneakers and socks, tugging on the denim hems as Frank lifted up. There was a visible wet patch of precome on Frank’s boxer shorts already, and Gerard’s mouth watered, wishing to touch, to taste. But he waited patiently for Frank’s word, dick throbbing heavily under the barrier of his own clothes.

Watching Gerard’s face as he did it, Frank reached into his shorts and pulled out his dick, hard and red at the tip. He wrapped two fingers around and stroked himself slowly, twice. Gerard couldn’t help himself and slid his hand back down to his crotch, rubbing harder than before.
“That” Frank gasped. “That, I want to watch.”

Okay. Okay, Gerard could do that. And to be perfectly honest, it would simply be a relief to be able to touch himself. He kicked off his shoes, reaching down to remove his socks, and paused with his hands over his fly. Frank’s hand was moving steadily over himself, his eyes slipping closed every once in a while. He was already half gone and Gerard knew that it wasn’t going to take long.

He popped the button, and slid down the zip, carefully, letting the jeans fall down his legs slowly and pool at his ankles. Watching Frank all the while, he stepped out of them and rubbed over himself, drawing in a breath as he did so. Frank’s mouth was hanging open, chest rising steadily but deeply. Gerard discarded his own boxer shorts, leaving himself completely naked in front of Frank when he licked once over his palm. He could see Frank’s grip tighten, and it was like a shallow punch in the gut when he finally curled his palm around himself and began to stroke.

His stomach muscles tightened up quickly, varying his speed and letting his breath come as it wanted to, not holding anything back in front of Frank, who was slowly beginning to lose control of himself on the bed. He could barely keep his eyes open now, breath puffing out in harsh gasps as he moved his other hand down to cup his balls. Every so often a little noise would escape with Frank’s breath, and Gerard would throb heavily in his own hand. He wanted to kiss Frank as he came, swallowing the shaky breaths and feeling the jerks of Frank’s aftershocks against his mouth.

His own legs were growing unsteady, balls heavy with the want. The urge to touch Frank was getting too great, and he moved forward, extending a hand and exhaling loudly with each stroke of the hand.
“Let me touch you” he whispered, settling his thumb over the head of Frank’s cock.
Frank pushed him away.
“Nngh. Don’t stop, don’t, keep going. I’m gonna...”

Even as the gasp in Frank’s voice sent another spike of lust to his belly, Gerard’s face fell. In any ordinary circumstance he would have assumed that his partner was simply too close to stop his own movements, which would have turned him on even more. They could have fought over the urge to bring Frank to climax, and Gerard could have put on even more of a show, making noises or trying to talk dirty as he fucked his own hand in front of him. But that’s not what was happening here.

Frank had begged Gerard not to stop touching himself, but he wasn’t even looking anymore. He hadn’t really been looking for a while. His eyes were closed and he was lost inside his own head. The only thing in the room he was conscious of was the speed of his own hand, and Gerard’s own strokes became slower and shallower in response. He was still so turned on, but this wasn’t what was supposed to happen.

Frank’s movements grew even more desperate, and his mouth contorted whilst his eyebrows drew together. The whimpering noises that made Gerard’s abdomen tighten were growing louder and more insistent.
“I’m – I’m gonna come” Frank gasped.

Gerard surged forward, getting a knee on the bed, and cupping Frank’s cheek, moving in with his mouth. Frank twisted, folding in on himself and turning his head violently away as he coughed out an oath. Gerard felt the splash of Frank’s come on his stomach and he froze, mouth open in dull shock.

As Frank came down, breathing heavily and milking the last of his cock, Gerard got up from the bed, feeling like a complete fool. He tugged his jeans back up, leaving them unbuttoned, just using the denim to cover his modesty. He turned his back on Frank, running his hands over his face and staring blankly at the wall. His dick was still hard but the thought of touching it made himself want to vomit.

He turned back around eventually, as the puff of Frank’s breath steadied back to normal. He waited for them to meet eyes, and when Frank grinned languidly, Gerard snapped. Bending to the floor he scooped up all of Frank’s belongings and threw them at him on the bed.
“Hey, what -” came Frank’s muffled voice under his clothes. His decidedly ruffled head poked out again, looking confused. His gaze moved down to Gerard’s crotch, and he looked even more stunned. “You didn’t come?”

Gerard didn’t even have the strength to answer.
“Get the fuck out, Frank.”
“What? What the fuck?”
“Get out of my fucking house, I feel like I’m gonna hurl.”
“What the hell’s wrong with you now?” Frank cried, wiping his hand off on Gerard’s sheets.
“Let me fucking think.”

Frank got up rigidly, pulling his clothes back on. Gerard could barely stand.
“How can you not know?” he hissed. “You could barely look at me. Whatever the fuck you were wanking yourself off to, it sure as hell wasn’t me.” Frank was staring, mouth gaping. “The thought of me touching you made you fucking sick, didn’t it?”

He had genuinely thought Frank liked him. Wanted to be with him like Gerard wanted to be with Frank. His chest ached, and he wanted to cry when he realised his dick was still throbbing.
“I don’t know what the fuck you thought this was, Frank, but I am not some fucking experiment for curious little Catholic boys.”
“For fuck’s sake, Gerard, how many times?” Frank threw up his hands. “Not Catholic!”
“That’s hardly the key point, okay? I was not your fucking try out for the other team. ...Or at least I didn’t think I was.”

Frank had paused, shaking his head, whether at Gerard or himself. His hands were on his own face now, too, and when he looked back up at Gerard, the look in his eyes was almost incredulous.
“If I don’t experiment, how will I come to a conclusion?”

Gerard scoffed.
“Don’t you think if the result had been positive you’d have let me fucking touch you?” He pushed past Frank and sat on his bed, kicking the comforter off when he noticed the wet patch from Frank’s come. “Yes, you’re supposed to experiment. But not on someone you’ve fucking befriended over several weeks and certainly not someone who’s fucking fallen for you. Eager little twinks in gay bars, that’s who you’re supposed to experiment on, alright? Not me. Not fucking me.” He covered his face when he realised his eyes had begun to fill. “Now get out.”

He felt like he was about to throw up his lungs, and didn’t look up until he heard the harsh slam of the front door.