Status: Complete

It's Either War or Peace

21. A Hero's Gonna Save Me Just In Time

Zoey Cornell's Point of View

After escaping camp everything messed up. My mortal mom disappeared but I shouldn’t think of that now, should I? I landed on a meadow and I noticed that on the other side were two… two things. Not humans, that’s for sure. As I looked at them, they looked at me.

“Vampires,” Grover said.

“How do you know?” I asked.

“I smell them and the scent is strong,” Grover explained. “The taller one, Blondie, is a new born. Her scent is stronger than the pixie freak’s.”

“We can hear you!” Blondie yelled.

“I’m gonna go talk to them,” I said. “Someone come with me.” As I got off the Pegasus and started walking they all followed me. “Okay, or all of you.” I slowly walked forward the way enemies do in the movies. You know, the cheesy ones that no one likes?

“Zoey Cornell?” Blondie questioned.

“How do you know me?” I asked.

“You wouldn’t understand,” Blondie said. Man, did she resemble Athena. Well not entirely. Their heights were different (Blondie was shorter than Athena’s mortal-self) and Blondie had blood-shot red eyes, not gray. Everything else was the same though. Hair color, hair texture, facial features, facial expressions, everything. But she can’t be Athena’s child. If she was, Athena would’ve claimed her before she turned into a monster.

I touched my bracelet, noticing it was shining. “Who do you think you are?” I asked.

“I’m Katie Vereeka and this is Alice Cullen,” Blondie said.

Alice Cullen? The Alice Cullen? I never read The Twilight Saga but I knew what she looked like thanks to fan pictures, the movies, and the picture in The Official Illustrated Guide (hey, I looked because I was curious). 4’10, black spikey hair, freakishly short hair, butterscotch eyes, skinnier than normal vampires, great fashion choices. Yup. That was definitely Alice Cullen standing in front of me. Holy shit. That means The Twilight Saga is real! What other book series are real, I wonder? Wait a second. The Alice Cullen actress in the movies was taller than the real Alice Cullen. Real Alice Cullen should call and complain about that.

Katie Vereeka giggled slightly. “Funny mind you got there.”

She can read minds. The gods warned us about her. Time to take caution in my thoughts then.

Katie put out her hand. Was I supposed to shake that snow-white thing? I ignored it. My friends snickered and high-fived each other. One point for the amazing Zoey Cornell (no I am not conceited!).

“You don’t have to be all Ryan Seacrest,” I said sharply.

Katie put her hand down. “What are you talking about?” Alice backed up slowly, staring at me. She looked nervous. My bracelet was now silver but I couldn’t read the words on it. Stupid dyslexia.

“You don’t know Ryan Seacrest from American Idol?” I ask.

Alice glared at me. How did she just go from worried to angry? Bipolar I guess. “Shut up!” she yelled. All of us, even Katie, jumped. Alice’s voice shook trees and scared animals. She continued yelled. “You don’t even know us and you are the one who is judging us like Simon Cowell!” She moved forward a little and her glared hardened.

“You mad bro?” Lee asked her.

She shot a glare at him. Katie just glanced at him with an expressionless look on her face.

I turned to Alice and crossed my arms. “Did I ask for your comment?”

“You did when you walked over here!” Alice said, moving forward even more.

I suddenly remembered vampires sucked blood. I held up a two behind my back, signaling everyone to be ready with their weapons.

“Don’t make me,” I growled.

“Alice, no!” Katie screamed.

At that moment, Lee outstretched his arm towards Katie. He took something out of her pocket. Katie glanced at him and by the look on her face I knew that she knew he took something. She chose to ignore it and went back to trying to knock some sense into Alice.

“Don’t make me do what? Call your daddy?” Alice asked. By that comment I knew that she and Katie knew we were a bunch of demigods. Then again it wouldn’t have been that hard to figure out since a satyr and pegasi were following us and all…

Mollee looked at me, giving me a let’s-do-this look. Then she turned to Alice. “I could call my dad,” she said, “but fortunately for you, my daddy does not fight my battles.” And with that, Mollee, Lee, Annabeth, and Percy took out their swords.

“Ooh I’m so scared. I’m immortal. Your little swords won’t kill me,” Alice said.

“Whoever said that?” I yelled.

Suddenly, I knew what to do. I tapped on the bracelet and it turned into a celestial bronze and tempered steel sword. I stabbed Alice’s foot. To my surprise she didn’t bleed. But, she was still in pain. That was a good thing since the little vampire thought she could mess with me.

I looked at Alice and Katie. They stared at me. Suddenly, I felt pain. It only lasted for a few seconds but it still hurt. I regained my strength as soon as it stopped. As fast as I could blink though, Alice lunged at me. When she was about to punch my nose, she whispered in my ear.

“Go to the underworld,” she whispered. Guess what? She knew.

I was about to raise my sword to chop off her head but a voice interrupted me. “Go to Tartarus!” it yelled. For a new demigod, I knew a lot, especially about Tartarus. It was the lowest part of the underworld. I noticed the person who yelled that out was Lee. He sliced the head off of the vampire on top of me. Just like the day we met. Even though it is in the cheesy movies you watch because you have nothing better to do on your Saturdays, Lee was my hero.

Again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credits: "Hero" by Skillet

HI GUYS!!!

~Carii ^_^