Whenever You Speak

Number Six

Angel sighed as she looked around her room. It was finally unpacked. It had taken her long enough. Four days to be exact. She wiped her sleeve across her brow and went to clean up. Looking at herself in the mirror, she didn't mind what she saw. She stood at about five feet and four inches in height. Her hair was a long riot of curly red flames that fell down her back in waves. Her eyes were a somber blue, not nearly as bright as her mother's own. Quite honestly, Angel had no problem saying that she liked herself.

And now it was time to explore this new place. Angel and her mother had moved to England from Kansas just days before. It was a change that the young woman was still not certain she wanted to get used to. After all, she was seventeen now and this would be her last year of school. She just wasn't going to be spending it with anyone she knew. At least she hadn't left a boyfriend behind.

Angel walked down the stairs knowing full well her mother was in the kitchen. "I'm going outside!" she called from the bottom of the stairs, not bothering to walk down the short hallway.

"Alright!" Tasha called to her daughter. Unlike Angel, Tasha had been born and raised in England. For her, the move was merely a return home. "Dinner is in a half hour! Don't be gone too long!"

"Yeah, yeah," Angel muttered, going to the door. She stopped as soon as she stepped out onto the porch. In the middle of the street stood two young men…arguing with each other. Well, not exactly arguing. The one wasn't even speaking English. He was a tall, broad-shouldered young man with short dark hair and strong features. He was speaking rapidly torn between annoyance and duty for a moment before yielding to one emotion. And from the look on the second boy's face, he was utterly lost.

"I have no idea what you're saying," the second boy told him quite frankly.

"He told you to… well… piss off," she informed him from her place on the porch.

"You understand my language?" the first boy asked. His voice was deep and he had stubble on his face. He had beautiful eyes and despite not being considered more classically handsome like the other young man, there was something appealing in his rough features.

"Yes," she managed after a moment in the same tongue. "My mother is a linguist. She's been teaching me all kinds of languages ever since I was a kid."

While Angel had been speaking, the first young man came striding up to her quickly followed by his companion who seemed flustered. "I am pleased to meet you, miss. My name is Viktor Krum." He snapped his heels together as he took her hand and bowed over it before kissing it gently. Color flooded the young woman's cheek as she bit her lip looking at the ground nervously.

"I-I'm Angel Thurston," she told him, managing a bright smile through a vivid flush on her face.

"I'm Harry, Harry Potter," the other young man introduced himself with a grin. He had brilliant green eyes and messy black hair. He was kind of cute she had to admit, even with the glasses that covered his beautiful eyes. "Your mother isn't the famous Tasha Thurston who's visiting Parliament as a translator… is she?" He asked.

"Yeah, that would be mom alright," Angel said with a laugh. "She got really excited and so now we're living here. Number six." she said pointing to the number that hung to the right of our door.

"We are down at the number four," Viktor informed her.

"No," Harry corrected annoyed. "I live at Number Four. Viktor thinks he's staying with me."

"I have already told you Potter, I am staying with you." Viktor spoke with conviction while Harry seemed so adverse that Angel couldn't help but laugh.

It was her laughter that drew her mother to the door. "And what has you so excited?" she called from the kitchen before coming out. "Oh guests!" her face lit up and her blue eyes sparkled excitedly. "Hello boys. I'm Tasha, Angel's mother." Tasha Thurston was a woman of about average height with an hourglass build like her daughter. Her hair was golden blonde though, but had the same thickness and waves that constructed the unruly mop that made up Angel Thurston's crowing glory.

"It's very nice to meet you ma'am," Harry said with a smile offering his hand which Tasha shook. "I'm Harry, Harry Potter. I live down at Number Four with my aunt and uncle."

"And I am Viktor Krum." Viktor's English, Angel noticed, was slow and precise. Much nicer to listen to than most. "I am staying with Harry Potter." He took Tasha's hand and bowed over it before kissing it as he had with Angel's.

"You are not staying with me Krum!" Harry said indignantly.

"You could stay with us," Tasha offered without missing a beat. Three teenagers rounded on the woman instantly all with different looks on their faces. Harry looked grateful, but hesitant. Krum looked… confused yet hopeful. Her daughter looked downright terrified though Tasha also saw the gleam of hope there too. She chuckled softly. "Well, it only makes sense since Harry can't put you up and we have plenty of room. That is if you don't mind Viktor."

"I would be most honored and grateful for your assistance," Viktor said with a smile. It was a hesitant smile that caught at Angel's heart. This boy, despite what other's would say, was a heartbreaker. She wondered how many other's saw it. "We shall meet and speak tomorrow, yes Harry?" Viktor asked turning to the now very exuberant Harry.

"Yeah, yeah, sure," he said quickly. He seemed overjoyed to have Viktor out of his hair.

"So where is your luggage at Viktor, did you take a cab?" Tasha asked looking outside. Angel was about to do the same thing when Harry spoke up quickly.

"Uh no! My uncle and I picked him up from the airport. His luggage is over by our house. We'll got get it," Harry said pointedly looking at Viktor.

"Yes, we shall be back," he said bowing before sweeping off back towards what I assumed was Number 4 with Harry.

"Which one is it?" Tasha asked watching her daughter, light dancing in her bright blue eyes. Angel's face flushed with color. "Ah! The charmer. Good choice, though from the look of you, you're still considering the British boy Harry." Tasha had always been able to read her daughter like an open book.

"So?" Angel finally managed to ask. "Does it really matter? With any luck, we'll be at the same school and I'll have the year to figure it out."

"Oh love," Tasha said with a laugh. "I think you already know. Now it's time for your mind to catch up with your heart."
♠ ♠ ♠
There are no Krum stories and this saddens me greatly, but, at the same time, Angel demanded love from more than one direction. So now she gets to choose. I hope you guys enjoy the story and stick with me for the ride.