Status: a hefty work in progress!

Untitled

Prologue

As Lucy tugged apart the heavy burgundy curtains of her London room that morning, the first thing she was met by was a little yellow bird, perched on her terrace railing, chanting to her its own melodic greeting. Now this girl was one to appreciate nature, so by that significant welcome, she was certain that her day could not possibly get any better.

It could very well get quite worse, if pessimism is your sort of thing, but if we’re sticking to Luce, then there’s a thing or two you ought to learn: her books are her dearest friends, no matter their age; she cherishes them and learns to discover every single detail and quirk about them, just by a quick graze. Secondly you must acquire the fact that knowledge is quite the track to winning this girl over: so if socio-economic debates, political summits and history lessons are right up your alley, then by all means, please don’t dally! Her humor may be hard to swallow, since she uses it in the most peculiar of ways, most often as her bandit: she waves it and twists it and throws it your way, getting you all tied up and daftly struck wondering what in the world just happened. Don’t fret though because I’ll let you in on a secret, although she may be a tough cookie on the outside and spites the world out of boredom and entertainment, once you get to know her, she is just as soft, warm and caring as sizzling butter...

If we are talking about Luce, there is one definite thing else that will certainly come in handy, just ask Hugo, after all, it’s him of whom we are speaking! 19, charming, and with a knee-wobbling enabled smile, he’s been here for Lucy from the very beginning. They were in elementary when they met, still toddlers with pigtails and toy cars, and from there on out, they were able to grow together. A terribly beautiful friendship these two have, for they are always there for each other, no matter through what. They complement each other, if I may permit, and no doubt bring out of the best in the other- why they are quite the mix!

Countless stories have been recited by these two young adults, still foolish and naive, and who give no importance to the misfortunes the world hands them- as long as they are together. However, this will not be one of the stories they have counted, for this one begins once upon a summer and tells the tale of how Lucy and Hugo discovered the world they live in. Yet there is no telling when it will end - because we all know that any history is unpredictable - so I believe that we are in for a grand tale of adventure, realisations and love: but then again, who said that this ever had to end...?
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh goodness, look at what I have done now!
So this is the first time that I have ever posted my writing online, so the appreciation I have for each and every one of you that will read and comment on this will be everlasting! I would adore feedback, and desperately want it, so don't be shy please :)
Okay, well here's to hoping that my writing doesn't totally suck and that you are just as excited as I am to discover what will happen with our beloved Luce & Hugo!
Lots of love <3 xx