Status: One-shot;;

Had Me From the First Hit

Happy ***ing Birthday

August 18th, 2012...

Today was my birthday. I am now twenty-three years old and instead of going out partying and having fun, I was in the hospital with my parents. I didn't care about going out and having fun. I didn't care about anything else but my parents. I wanted to spend as much time with them as I could because they were extremely ill and I didn't want to waste time with other people when I needed to be with my family. Both of my grandmother's were there, my little brother, my aunts and uncles, my cousins. The waiting room was full of just my family on both side. I was sitting in their room though with my brother and my grandmothers. I didn't want to move. I didn't want to leave them. I heard a knock on the door. I looked up at it when my brother opened it. It was David, my boyfriend. Well I still hope he was. We've been together since high school. I met him the first day of being free from school and we've been together ever since. We had our ups and downs but we pulled through it. He walked in and my brother step out. I stood up and he walked quickly to me and pulled me into a long over due hug. I've missed him so much.

"How was Warped Tour?" I asked after about five minutes of just hugging each other.

"It was good but I missed you so much." He said rubbing my cheek with his thumb. I shook my head and looked at my grandma's. I didn't want to kiss in front of them. He smiled then hugged me again.

"How are you doing?" He asked. I shrugged.

"As good as I can get." I said turning to look at my parents. David hugged me from behind and I felt him kiss the back of my head.

"I don't want you to hate me but the doctors say that all three of you need to leave the room so they can check on things privately and for you, Jess to leave for awhile." He said. I shook my head.

"The doctors are fucking crazy if they think I'm leaving." I said turned around and looking at him. He frowned.

"I was hoping you would. I wanted to show you something." He said. I hugged him and I realize that I needed to do something with him. I didn't want to lose him. I looked back at my parents.

"A few hours wouldn't hurt, I suppose." I said looking back at him. He smiled. I kissed both of my parents cheeks and walked out. I walked into the waiting room and saw everybody sitting there.

"Is everything alright?" My uncle Larry asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, just the doctor is telling me I need to take a break from things and I leave." I said. They all nodded and smiled towards David. Something was happening. I was scared.

"I have to use the restroom real quick, babe." He said kissing my forehead.

"Me likes David, Jess." Addyson said. I smiled picking her up after she walked over to me.

"I'm glad you do." I said kissing her cheek.

"Me loves you, too." She said. I loved this girl so much. I sat down and waited for David to get back which he taking forever but hey, it's he's business, you know. Even though it was a difficult time I still manage to laugh with my family about the good times with everybody on holidays. I saw someone walk in and looked up to see it was David.

"Sorry, I stepped out because Kyle called me." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me up. He looked like he had been crying though. I said goodbye to the others and he waved before we walked out. I hated leaving but I needed it, I know I do. We walked out to his car and he stopped me. He leaned me against the car and leaned into as he pressed his lips against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hand went to my hips. I smiled into the kiss. He pulled away but kept our foreheads together.

"I love you so much, Jess." He whispered. I kissed him again.

"I love you too, David." I said. He let go of me and walked me over to the passenger side and helped me in not like I couldn't do it on my own because I could. Once in the car, we took off towards my place.

"Change into something comfy." He said once we got out of the car and into the house. I nodded then walked into my room.

"Like how comfy, David?" I asked. He appeared in my doorway as I was holding a pair of jeans and a Of Mice and Men shirt.

"That'll do." He said. I smiled then went into the bathroom to changed quickly. I came out and looked around and saw David sitting on my bed. He stood up when I walked into the room.

"No time to waste, babe. We've gotta go." He said. I smiled.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

We had been driving for what felt like hours and I knew where we were heading when he turned down this one road. Carnival I smiled when he parked the car and we got out of the car and walked towards the entrance. I looked around. No one was here and I felt really weird.

"You aren't going to kill me, are you?" I asked.

"Why does girl always assume that. No, I'm not." He said grabbing my hand. He nodded to the guy at the gate.

"Why aren't you paying?" I asked.

"I think I paid enough to have this to ourselves for a couple of hours." He said.

"We have the whole Carnival to ourselves?" I asked. He turned to look at me.

"Of course. I didn't think you wanted to be surrounded by people you didn't know." He said pulling me in for a kiss. I loved kiss him.

"Let's go." He said grabbing my hand again and we walked all over and rode on almost all the rides.

"I have a surprise for you." He said pulling me towards a big building. I looked at him funny.

"Don't worry, babe." He said opening the door, letting me go in first. Out of nowhere, all my friends jumped out and yelled surprise. I looked back at David. He just smiled at me.

"Happy Birthday." I heard someone say. I turned to look at who it was. Austin Carlile. I smiled.

"Thanks, dude." I said as he pulled me into a hug.

"How are you?" Jennifer asked. I nodded then shrugged.

"I'm good right now. I'm with some good people." I said. About thirty minutes later, David jumped on the stage like form. A big projector was hooked up. I was kind of scared at what was going to happen.

"Hey guys, thanks for coming out and spending time with Jess and well everybody. It's like Warped Tour all over." David started. "Anyways, I wanted to say a few words about the best girl in my life."

A few people awed. I felt an arm go around my shoulder and I looked over and saw Kyle standing there, smiling.

"Alright, so I'm not good with speeches and I think you all might know that already but I'm going to do my damnest to make this the best fucking speech ever." He said as his voice cracked a little. What was going on?

"I've known Jess for four years now and we've been ever since. I'm so happy to be with her and I couldn't image not being without her because she's really the love of my life." He said as he walked down to me and grabbed my hand. I was going to cry if he didn't shut up but I honestly don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

"As cheesy as it may sound but she really is the drug for me. I need her in my life everyday so I don't have withdraws and yeah, sure, that sounds like I'm obsessed with her but I'm not...I just simple love her and love everything about her. So I couldn't think of a better way to ask her then on her birthday infront of her friends." David said then getting on one knee. I think I stopped breathing.

"You can easily say no. It's not like you have to say yes just because we're infront of people but I'd really appericate it if you wouldn't turn me down as I ask you to become my wife?" He asked pulling out a a beautiful diamond engagement ring. Before I could answer him, the lights went off and the projector came on and revealed my parents in the hospital. I wanted to run away. Was this a sick joke? I looked at David, angrily. He frowned. I was about to say something when I heard my mom's weak voice over the speakers.

"I know this might not sound like a good idea but believe me, it'll get better. I know things have been pretty shitty and I love you. We both love you and your brother. We're proud of you." My mom said.

"David asked us for our blessing though we're aren't at all church going people. We respect it though. David is such a good guy and don't let this little thing screw that up, dear. We love you so much." My dad said. Tears were falling down my face. I couldn't take this.

"We love you and we wish we were going to be there in the future but the doctor said we only have few days maybe less. We shouldn't be talking this much but it's for you. I love you, honey." My mom said.

"I love you, sweetie." My dad said as the screen went blank. David stood infront of me.

"I realize that it might not be the best time or day to do this but I think it's for the best." He said. I threw my arms around his neck, kissing him roughly. I pulled away and he opened his eyes slowly.

"I love you so fucking much." I said. He smiled.

"I love you." He said raising one of his eyebrow. I smiled then nodded quickly. He kissing me then grabbed my hand and sliding the ring on my finger. He hugged me and I buried my face in his neck, kissing it. Everybody was clapping. Things were going great until I got a call from my brother telling me I should get back to the hospital because it was my parents. I quickly said goodbye to as many people I could before leaving. I didn't even realize that Faith was there. I felt bad. We arrive at the hospital. I ran to the waiting room where all I heard was crying. I stopped in my track. David caught up with me, wrapping his arms around me right before I collasped in the middle of the hallway, screaming out. He held me as I cried into his chest. I lost them. I lost my parents. This isn't fair. Life isn't fair.

"It's not fair, David." I said. He just rocked me back and forth. Everything I have is gone. My family that I lived with my whole life is gone. All I have is my brother. My parents...gone. Happy Birthday to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I started crying while I was writing this. It was bad because this story is like a true story minus the whole David thing and my parents aren't in the hospital but both of them have a deadly illiness. But I'm sorry if this isn't good. I just had the idea come to mind and thought that David Schmitt fit it perfect. <3