Thorn of a Rose

chapter 021

Another month past, and all the band really did was play small shows, and help Rose write songs for her...their album. Rose was surprised how so much could happen in just two months, but she supposed that's what happened when you got six sixteen, seventeen, and eighteen year olds in a house together alone. One day she was sitting in the living room on the chaise lounge, when Shawn came in and slid down next to her.
"Hey you." she said sweetly. He gave her a kiss then buried his head into her shoulder.
"Hi hi." he said in a baby-ish voice. Rose giggled. He was so funny when he used that voice.
"What's up baby?" she asked. He picked up his head and kissed her cheek.
"Ready to go home?" he asked. Rose looked at him, confused.
"Huh? Home?" she asked.
"Yep. We couldn't book enough over here. We're heading back to the U.S. of A early. Isn't that great?" Rose felt like something hit her very hard over the head. Home? she asked herself. She hadn't even called anyone from home since the article in the newspaper came out. Well its not like they called me! She thought. But going home would be nice. She wanted to see her dad and her uncles again. She wanted to be with Josh again. She missed him so much. Sharing a room with a gay boy is actually a lot of fun. She missed Alex and how sweet he always was. She missed Dylan for so many reasons. She wanted to be with them all and talk to them about losing Stix. As she thought of Stix a tear leaked down her cheek. Dylan wiped it away with his thumb.
"What's up sugar?" he asked quietly. Rose shook her head.
"I'm just, I don't know what it's gonna be like, home without Stix. She was like, my best friend. The only female company I had in the band you know?"
"Well, we're all coming with you sugar so you'll have Amy and Jordan and Jamie." he said, trying desperately to make her feel better.
"Yeah you're right. I just hope everyone in Demolition Lovers is cool with you guys. But, my friends are their friends. Besides, you're all basically the same."
"And besides," said Shawn. "Who doesn't love me?" Rose laughed and wrapped her arms around his neck. They kissed for a while before Rose broke away.
"When do we go back?" she asked. Shawn looked up to the ceiling and bit his lip as he thought.
"This coming..." he began. "Thursday." he finished, nodding. Rose thought quickly. That was only three more days in Paris.

*********************
"Well, Josh is so sweet, but really really gay. He and I share a room at my house. 'Cause my room is real big. Dylan is really really hot, but totally mine. Alex is so sweet and so nice, and I guess single now that Stix is..." Rose stopped. She'd been telling Jordan and Amy about her friends at home, but had to stop when she came to Stix. She couldn't think about her anymore. It was dragging her down. Rose bent over her suitcase and repacked her last shirt, now in silence. Jordan and Amy didn't attempt to restart her conversation. She zipped up her suitcase and pulled up the handle, then swinging her backpack over her shoulder. She forced a smile and said
"Ready?" she asked.
"Crazy ready." said Amy, picking up her bag too. "We haven't seen the U.S. in what...two years?"
"And come on. It's one great big sleepover every night!" added Jordan. She was right. She'd called home to Gerard and he said it was perfectly okay if joust stayed with them. And since Demolition Lovers mostly stayed at Rose's and MCR's house anyway, they'd started practically living there. So it was decided that Rose, Jordan, Amy, Jamie, and Josh would all stay downstairs in Rose's very spacious room, and Alex, Dylan, Shawn, and Troy would all stay in Gerard's room next door. Gerard had moved his bed into Mikey's room. Rose was so happy; all her friends would be together for the first time. Jordan picked up her bag and they piled with Jamie, Shawn, and Troy into Jordan's SUV.

****************************************
"This is the last boarding call for Flight A147 to Newark Airport in New Jersey. All passengers to the gate please." called the intercom as Rose, Shawn, Troy, Jamie, Amy, and Jordan all ran through the terminal. The frantically showed their tickets and ran through the tunnel, finding their two rows of first class seats with great ease. They were exactly in the same place as they'd been when Jamie and Rose had flown to Paris, and now they were on their way home. Rose sat in the window seat of the front of the two rows, next to Shawn. Once she was belted in she cuddled up against his side. He wrapped his arm around her and kissed her head. She closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep as the plane took off.

******************************************
"Rose! Sugar wake up." Rose cracked her eyes open as she heard Shawn's voice and felt him shaking her. She looked around and saw that people were standing up and walking up the isles of the plane. "Rosie we landed. Come on, get up, its time go get off." Shawn helped pull up the very tired Rose, as she grabbed her backpack off the floor. They walked off the plane, Rose getting more and more excited with every step. She wanted to see everyone again, especially Dylan. They walked off the plane and as soon as she stepped into the building she heard Josh's voice.
"ROSE! ROSE OVER HERE!" Rose's head snapped to the right and she everyone jumping and waving. Josh, Alex, Dylan, her dad, Mikey, Frank, Bob, and Ray. She dropped her suitcase and just ran full speed at them. She collided with Josh so hard that they both fell to the ground. She'd missed him the most; her first and best friend. Eventually she felt two arms pull her up. She turned to see Dylan had lifted her. She stood there smiling and biting her lip for a second, then squealed and jumped on him. He picked her up and she wrapped her legs around his mid-section.
"Oh my god Dylan" she whispered as he kissed her neck gently. "I missed you so much." They squeezed each other tightly for another few seconds before she dropped down. She turned around to introduce joust, and met the eyes of a hurt and confused Shawn

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
i know i left a bunch out, but check out the sequel "reach out for the sunrise". i broke this up into two stories because this one was getting too long. enjoy!