Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 103.

He smiled at me. I felt warm inside. I missed spending time with Taylor. Ever since Kellin and I started dating, he had always been a good, if not my best friend. He quietly came in through the window, and sat across from me on my bed.
It was a long day, filled will with stories, laughing, and personal things that we promised would never leave the room. Occasionally, we’d touch hands, brush our legs against each other, and catch each other staring. He made me nervous. He was so sweet, such a good listener, and actually trusted me; trusted me enough to confess to me his darkest secrets. It was safe to say Taylor was my best friend.
Day turned into night, and our discussions and laughs turned into our plans for the future, and advice on love and life.
“Do you plan on playing football?” I asked. He shrugged. I sighed.
“Then a model.” I said. He shrugged again.
“I.. I was thinking.. maybe, well.. maybe I’d join the army.” I was taken back. My heart slowed down, and my body went cold.
“The.. the army?” I asked, he nodded, now looking back up at me.
“Oh.. oh wow..” I sighed. He stared at me, giving me eyes, questioning for approval.
“That’s.. huge.” I said. He nodded.
“I know..” He whispered. I bit my lip.
“Well, if that’s what you want, what’s stopping you?” I asked. He looked up at me. He bit his lip.
“You..” He said quietly. “I didn’t want to go.. until I knew if there was any chance of ..us.”