Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 104.

Us. He was thinking about an us? Us being together? He gently took my hands.
“I’m not gonna try anything with you..” He said, gently playing with my fingers. “I just.. I thought you should know. I’ve thought about it. I’ve thought about it a lot, actually. What it would be like.. for you to be mine. To take you out on dates, to see you walk down the isle.. To come home to you every night.” He sighed, now smiling. “They’re always good thoughts, and they’re usually the ones that get me through the day.”

I didn’t know what to say. I stared at him. He stared back, his face red, biting down hard on his lip.
“Going into the army is.. a huge decision.” I said. He nodded.
“I know it is. That’s why.. I just.. I had to know. Cause if there was any chance, I wouldn’t go. I wouldn’t want to be away from you if I knew there was a chance we could be together. I’d be there for you, and only you, and it’d be perfect.” My heart was beating faster. He was serious.
“Taylor, I-” He cut me off.
“You don’t have to say anything to me tonight. I just thought I’d mention it. I.. I’m just.. I’m thankful to even get to be around you. I’m thankful to call you my best friend.” I smiled, gently touching his cheek.
He had made me feel on top of the world. For the passed few hours, I’d been able to block out the sobbing and the heart ache because of Taylor. He was so genuine, so down to earth, so attractive. I bit my lip. He really was attractive. His muscles, clearly visible through his tight t-shirt. His tan skin, and black hair, with those dark mysterious eyes. And a smile that could seduce you into anything. He was a work of art.
“Taylor..” I said. “Could you.. maybe.. stay with me.. tonight?”