Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 107.

A few days went by, and still nothing from Kellin. The more and more it felt like he had forgotten me, the more I missed him. I felt so stupid. I was stupid, to let someone become my everything to the point where, when they left, I was left with absolutely nothing. The pains in my chest were becoming unbearable. I just needed to talk to him.
That night, Taylor decided to take me out. He said I needed some fresh air; some time out to get my mind off of things. Little did he know, there would never be any getting my mind off Kellin.
He pulled up to a small venue. I looked at him.
“What are we doing here?” I asked. My heart dropped. I knew where we were. Kellin was playing here tonight. He had posted his tour dates online. Taylor sighed.
“I know you’ve been thinking about him, a lot. If not all the time. I think you should see him.” He looked at me. His eyes sad. He knew. I bit my lip.
“I don’t think I should..” I said quietly. I sulked into the seat. He took my hand.
“You won’t know what you’re missing if you don’t try.” I looked up at him. He was right. We got out, and went inside.
There were tables in the back. Taylor and I went as far back as possible. The stage was practically crawling with girls, all waiting for Kellin to come out. Just like I imagined. All of them beautiful. All of them thinking they have a shot with him. And now, all of them do. They had tshirts with his face on it. It was strange to look at.
“Come on” Taylor said. He took my hand, and brought me to a table. “Don’t you pay attention to them.” I sat down, and waiting for Kellin to come on. My stomach churned. My body was cold. My hands were sweating.
Suddenly the music started. The lights went out, and the screaming began. The high shrills from the teenage girls almost gave me a headache. I sighed, and waited for him to come out. The intro was long, and soon they began chanting.
“Kellin, Kellin, Kellin..”
This was unreal. He really did it. This was everything he’s ever wanted.
Finally, he slowly strolled out from backstage. The crowd went wild. He smiled sweetly, waving to them all. The crowd was too loud to even start playing, so he waited them out.
And then he sang. The room got silent.
They say that love is forever, your forever is all that I need.
My heart dropped. This was the song he had written for me, and played for me that day at the lake. Flashbacks of him and me played over in my head. My heart ached, and pounded faster and faster at the sound of his voice. He was beautiful up there.
Then he looked out. He stopped singing. He saw me.