Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 111.

He picked me up, carrying me out to the bus. I couldn’t help but smile the entire time. I held on tight, leaning my head against his chest.

Finally, he put me down. The parking lot was empty. Except for one car.

Taylor’s.

My heart dropped. He was still here. I bit my lip.
“Um.. I’m gonna go talk to him, okay?” I said. Kellin looked over.
“Do you want me to go with you?” I hadn’t told him about Taylor, but he sensed something was wrong. I shook my head.

“I’ll be fine. I’ll be right back.” He nodded.
“I’ll wait out here.” He said, he leaned against the bus. I sighed, and walked over.
Taylor saw me, and got out. He slammed the door, and leaned against his car. He glared at me my entire walk over.

“So..” He said “You got your little boyfriend back.” I felt my face burn.
“Taylor..” I said. He shook his head.

“Save it. This was going to happen all along, wasn’t it? I never had a chance with him around, did I?” My heart dropped. That wasn’t entirely true, was it? I looked back, Kellin was still watching. I turned back to Taylor.

“Jess, I..” He stopped himself, now biting his lip, staring into my eyes.
“What?” I asked. He just looked at me, he slowly took his hands out of his pockets, grabbing my jacket, and pulling me close. My heart started beating faster. I knew Kellin was watching.
“Jess.. just.. just remember what he did to you. He told you he didn’t want you. He yelled at you. He left you heart broken. I’d never do that to you. I’ve never done that to you. All I did was care for you.” His eyes were sad, and his cheeks were blushing. He looked down at his feet.
Taylor was right. Kellin did do all of those things. Taylor never had. Taylor had always been there for me. My stomach felt sick.

“Taylor, I just-” He cut me off, pulling me in, kissing me hard on the mouth. My heart was going to beat out of my chest. My entire body froze. I knew Kellin could see this. I didn’t want to picture his face. But I didn’t push away. I let him finish. He sighed, leaning his forehead against mine.

“I’m in love with you, Jess.”