Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 112.

My heart stopped. I stood there, staring back at Taylor. He was in love with me? My body went cold. I knew Kellin saw all of this. I was dreading having to go back there and face him after this was over.

Taylor was staring at me with his dark brown eyes. They were hopeful, and eager, and curious. He bit his lip. I didn’t know what to say. Had I started developing feelings for him too? I mean, he was right. He never snapped at me like Kellin had, several times in fact. Taylor had always been there for me. He was always there for me to talk, and he never left me, months at a time. My heart was pounding. Taylor sensed my confusion, and gently grabbed my jacket again. He pulled me in for another kiss, this time, much more gentle, yet much more passionate.
He pulled me in, slowly running his fingertips up my neck, and tangling his fingers into my hair. He didn’t stop there. He kissed me harder. It felt like time had stopped; like we were the only ones left in the world. He stopped to catch his breath, but not for long before I was pulled back in for another. He kissed me harder. My heart was racing. I felt guilty, guilty for Kellin being outside, and around to watch this, but mostly guilty for enjoying it. I could feel the love he had confessed through his kiss. Finally he moved away. He gently leaned his forehead against mine.
“Jess..” He said. He was staring into my eyes. “I just don’t want you to think.. that we’re not an option. I don’t want you to think that you have to be with this guy.” By this guy, he meant Kellin. Taylor never broke eye contact. “I’d give anything for you to be mine.” He said softly. He gently moved his hands back up my neck, up into my hair. He continued.

“I just.. everyday when we were hanging out together, I couldn’t help but plan out how our lives would be together. I wouldn’t join the army, I’d.. I’d stay around, become a cop, maybe. We’d have a beautiful family. I’d come home every day, and kiss you the moment I saw you. We could be perfect, Jess. You don’t need him.” I looked back at Kellin. I could see his face from here.
His arms were crossed, and his eyes were big. His face; sad and broken. He was trying to assess the situation. So was I.

Taylor was right, we could be perfect together. We had been the best of friends all these years, why wouldn’t we work out. But, I thought about Kellin. How I felt when I was around him, and how I felt when I wasn’t. It killed me to be away from him.

“Taylor, I..” He cut me off, by gently pulling me closer, gently kissing me on the lips one last time. He sighed.

“Just.. think about it.”