Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 114.

I stayed in the bedroom all night. Finally, I heard a knock.

“Who is it..” I mumbled.

“It’s just me..” I heard. It was Jesse’s voice. I opened the door. He sighed when he saw me. My makeup was running from the tears. I tried wiping it away.

“Can I come in?” He said quietly. I nodded, moving out of the door way. He came in, and sat down on the bed, now looking up at me. I looked back, and I felt the tears come back.
“He’s a wreck, you know.” Jesse said. He meaning Kellin. I bit my lip.

“Well, so am I.” I sighed. I leaned against the wall, trying to hold back the rest of my tears.
“Relationships shouldn’t be like this.” He said. “I mean, I’m not telling you to leave Kellin, I’m not saying that at all.. I’m just saying.. you should be happy.. like the night I saw you two after the show.. you were happy. But.. you two cry too much to be a happy couple.”

My heart sunk. Jesse was right. No one had ever made me cry as long and hard as Kellin had. I bit my lip. But I loved him. I was more in love with him than anyone. He knew me better than anyone. I’d do anything for him. Jesse nodded. He could tell.

“I’m just saying..” He said. He stood up. “How would you feel if you saw some other girl kiss Kellin.. and he didn’t do anything about it.” He walked out, gently shutting the door behind him. Jesse was right. I’d be furious. Kellin was mine, and I was his. I looked down at my ring. Endless flashbacks of our nights together, our many kisses, and waking up in his arms, him breathing down my neck were playing over in my mind.

Kellin was mine. I wanted him forever. And he was right. When you want to be with someone, you don’t run from the problems. You try to fix them. I wiped my eyes again before leaving the bedroom. I walked out to see him sitting on the couch. He was playing guitar, quietly humming to himself. I went over and moved the guitar.

“Jess..” He said, he looked up at me. His big blue eyes wide. “Jess, I just-” I cut him off. I pushed him back against the couch, kissing him hard. He quickly kissed me back, pulling me close to him. My heart was racing, just like it always did. I sat on his lap, kissing him harder.
This is where I was supposed to be. This is what I wanted.