Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 117.

That afternoon, I was laying in the back bedroom. Kellin and Jesse were out in the main area of the bus, experimenting on guitar, and writing. It was nice to hear them start with new stuff. Soon, there was a knock at the door.

“Come in..” I said. The door slowly opened.
“Hey” they said. I looked up. It was Jenna. I smiled.
“Hey, what’s going on?” He came over and sat down on the bed.
“I.. I was wondering.. maybe.. when we get there.. if you and I could.. maybe do a little shopping together.” I liked that idea. I hadn’t been shopping in a long time. And I’ve never really had a “girls day” before. I nodded.

“Yeah.. that.. that sounds fun.” I said. She smiled.
“Great! get ready, we’re gonna be there soon.” I looked out my window. She was right.
“Oh, o-okay.” I said. She smiled, and left the room, shutting the door behind her.
I was a little upset about having to miss the show. I always loved watching them perform. Kellin was excited about the idea.

“T-that’s a great idea. You need a girls day.” He smiled, kissing me on the nose. I sighed.
“I’ll just see you tonight, then.” He said, winking at me. My cheeks burned.
Jenna took me to a bunch of stores, none of them really my style. Finally, she brought me to a ritzy building downtown.

“I thought.. maybe we could pick out some dresses.” She said.
“For.. what?” I asked. She smiled, and walked inside.
The dresses were beautiful. They ranged from ball gowns to sundresses, from dragging across the floor to just below the crotch. There was a lot to choose from.
I rummaged through the racks, unsure as to what I was really looking at. I never really wore dresses.

“Hey.. Jess..” I heard Jenna call. “Why don’t you look.. over here.” She said. I went over to where she was. My cheeks burned.

She was in the bridal section.