Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 118.

Jenna held up a long, gorgeous gown.

“It.. it’s beautiful.” I said “But.. I wouldn’t have any reason to wear it.” I looked down at my ring. Kellin and I were still engaged, we just had no plans for our wedding. We hadn’t even started talking about it.

“Well.. you never know.” she said. She handed it to me. I bit my lip. “Go try it on, who knows. Maybe you’ll love it.” I sighed and went to the dressing room.
A woman helped me into a changing room. I went in and stared at myself. This dress wasn’t for me at all. This dress wasn’t me. But, Jenna was trying. So, what could it hurt. I put it on and walked out. She covered her mouth with her hands.
“Jess.. that’s beautiful.” I blushed, and turned to look in the mirror. My eyes grew wide. I.. looked like an entirely different person. I spun around. The bottom of the dress fanned out below me. It was beautiful. I loved it.

“This is..” She beat me too it.
“Perfect.” She said. “We’re getting it.” I bit my lip.
“Perfect for what?” I asked. She smirked and went to the register. I followed closely. What did she know, that I didn’t. I didn’t bother playing the guessing game with her. I knew I’d get no where.
But despite not trying to care, it was all that stayed on my mind.