Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 121.

I don’t know why I did it; maybe out of curiosity, but I put on the dress. I looked in the mirror and smiled. It really was a beautiful dress. I felt like a princess. I spun around. I’m glad I didn’t return it. I bit my lip. All I really wanted to do was go out and show Kellin, but that would be stupid. I was all dressed up for nothing. He’d probably laugh at me. I just wanted to be beautiful for him. I wanted to be the beautiful girl every rockstar deserved. I sighed, spinning around in the mirror one last time before walking out.

Everyone was going to laugh at me. Why was I so dressed up anyway? I guess I did enjoy finally feeling pretty. I sighed, and clenched my jaw, turning the door knob. I slowly walked out into the other room, waiting for the comments. I picked up my head, only to see no one there. I sighed. I’d have to do this again when I walked outside. They would all be sitting around, drinking beers, relaxing in their lawn chairs near the water, and there I would be, awkwardly dressed up. I contemplated going back into the room and changing, taking off all the makeup and putting my hair into a normal ponytail.

But then I remembered Jenna. She worked so hard, and she seemed excited to see me afterwards. I couldn’t just let all her hard work go to waste. I sighed, making my way to the door. My cheeks burned from the thought of being questioned. I pressed my ear against the door. It was silent. Where were they? Now I really felt stupid, if I was to walk outside and no one would be there. I moved back. I should just go get changed. This whole thing was stupid.
Finally, I turned the knob again. I kept my head down again, awaiting the comments from everyone. There was nothing; just silence. I picked my head up.
My jaw dropped.

“Oh.. oh my god.” I whispered. Tears filled my eyes.