Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 128.

It felt like I had been in there for over an hour. Then, there was a knock at the door.

"Mmmmm.." I couldn't bring myself to talk.
"Jess? It's Jenna.." I sighed, opening the door. She looked at me, and then sat down next to me.
"This.. this can't just be me being car sick." I groaned. She rubbed my back.
"We're gonna be there in about 15 minutes" she said "I.. could take you to the doctor's if you'd like."
"Thanks.." I sighed.
"It's no problem. I'd like to think you'd do the same for me." I smiled.
"Of course I would." I said. She smiled back.

Soon, the bus stopped. And Jenna and I were on our way.
"Where are you going?" Kellin asked, his eyes concerned.
"I'm taking her to the hospital, Kellin. Dont' worry, she's fine." He sighed, coming over, and kissing me on the forehead.
"I love you" He said, quietly but so sweetly. I felt my cheeks burn.
"I love you too." I said. He smiled, and went back to the bus.

A little into the drive, Jenna turned and looked at me. She smiled.
"What?" I asked. She sighed.
"It's nothing." she said "I just.. I hope.. me and Jesse can be the way you and Kellin are. You two are so.. so happy." I felt my cheeks get red. I was happy. We were happy. Everything was perfect.

"I know you will be." I said. "I see the way he looks at you." She smiled, biting her lip.
"And.. you'll have a beautiful family." I added. She looked over at me, her face dropping.
"Jess, there's.. there's always adoption.. if you guys wanted a family." I sighed.
"I already mentioned that to him. He's only interested in a family if it's really ours. He wanted it to be something special for us to share. And.. I understand. It just.. would of been nice.. to give him the daughter he's always wanted." He gently reached over, grabbing my hand. I sighed. I was glad to have a friend like Jenna. I've never had a girl as a friend before.

We waited in the lobby for a good half hour before getting called in. My hands started to sweat. Hospitals always made me nervous. I flashed back to the last time Kellin and I were in the hospital, when they told me I couldn't have kids. The look on Kellin's face would haunt me forever.

I sat on the table in our secluded room. It was cold. The room was cold. I pulled down my sleeves. Jenna sat in the chair closest to the table. She held my hand. I felt better again.

After the doctor ran his usual tests, he came back, clipboard in hand.
"So, what's going on with me?" I asked. He smiled.
"Well, it looks like you've been eating for two." He said. My eyes widened. My body got cold. My hands were sweating more than before.

"W-what?" I asked. He put down the clip board, but continued to smile. He saw the ring on m finger, it explained the calm reaction. Usually doctor's portrayed a negative connotation when it came to this stuff, especially when they looked as young as I did. But I was married now. It wasn't so far fetched.

"You're pregnant." He said. I quickly shook my head.
"That's.. that's impossible. My other doctor said I wasn't able to have kids. There's no way.." My heart was racing. Was this a joke? Cause it wasn't funny.

But, he just calmly smiled.

"Miracles happen everyday, Mrs. Quinn."