Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 129.

The doctor left me alone with Jenna. I was beaming. My heart was racing. I covered my mouth with my hands. I felt tears come to my eyes. I was going to have a baby. After they said it was impossible. I really was happening.

Jenna got up, hugging me tightly. I held her close, glad I had someone like her to share this with right now.

"I think you should surprise Kellin at the show tonight." She said. I smiled, biting my lip. Kellin. My heart seemed to burst. He was going to be.. so happy. I wiped my eyes. I couldn't wait to tell him.

That night, Jenna lead me through backstage. We stood in the side wings. I sighed, watching Kellin sing on stage. I remember his first audition, now people were throwing themselves at the stage, just to get a glimpse of him. He had come so far, I was so proud of him. I sighed, biting my lip. I moved out of sight, to where only he would be able to see me. Pulling the sign that I made out of my pocket, I held it up for him to see. I patiently waited for him to look over. The sign read "Guess what? You're going to be a Daddy." My heart raced.

Finally, he looked over. My heart almost burst out of my chest. His eyes widened, with his jaw slightly dropping. He stopped singing completely. I felt my cheeks get red. I hadn't expected that. He dropped the mic where he stood, and ran over. He grabbed me, holding my close, talking into my ear for me to hear over everything.

"Are you serious?" He said. I bit my lip. The tears came back. I nodded. He was beaming now too, picking me up, spinning me around. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck, hiding my face. He finally let me down and kissed me hard on the mouth. My heart was beating so fast, I started to get light headed. I kissed him back. He held me tightly, kissing me hard, spurting out "I love you's" and other sounds of excitement between kisses. I stared into his eyes, he was tearing. I couldn't help but smile at him. He gently touched my cheek, kissing him again. He sighed, running back out on stage.

He picked up the mic again. He yelled into it.
"My wife's having a baby.. I'm gonna be a dad!"