Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 13.

That night, I decided to go for a walk. Maybe that would clear my head. The cold air felt nice compared to the fire I felt all day from my burning anger. The crickets were louder than usual.
I made my way through my backyard to the lake. The same in which Kellin and I (almost) shared our first kiss. That lake was probably one of the most peaceful and secret places I had for myself. No one really knew it was back here, except for me. And Kellin of course.
A few hours must have gone by. I could hear the sprinklers going off back at my house. That usually went off in the middle of the night. What time was it?
I got up, wiped myself off, and started to head back. I enjoyed my time to myself. And especially with Kellin off with Marissa, I needed time to clear my head of the possible what ifs.
I got inside to hear the tv still on. My mom must of went upstairs without turning it off again. Which I never understood. She passed the remote to leave the room anyway, why not turn it off. I walk over to the table with the remote. She was watching the news. That was different. They were showing a story of a bad crash near town. I looked close. It looked familiar. I kept watching, and looked closer.
It was Kellin’s car.