Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 132.

We spent hours, aimlessly walking around stores, looking at everything they they had for newborns, and it made us realize just how unprepared we really were. I sensed Kellin starting to freak out.

“When can we find out what it is?” He asked “How are we gonna know what to buy? Pink or blue? What is this? What does this do?” He picked up various things, in numerous shades of pinks and blues, just as confused as I was.

“I know just as much as you do.” I said quietly. He bit his lip, looking at me.
“We’re just kids..” He sighed “What are we getting ourselves into.” I walked over, wrapping my arms around him.

“We don’t have to have all the answers now.” I said. I felt him breathing on my neck. It calmed me down. I wish I could of said the same for him.
“What about clothes? What about food? What about when we’re on tour? What’ll the baby do then? Will you come with us?” I sighed, gently holding him close to me, staring up into his eyes.
“Kellin, everything is going to be fine. We’ve got a few months to figure this all out.” He bit his lip, looking back at the shelves of baby clothes, and baby toys.

“I just.. I don’t want to mess up..” He said quietly, running his fingers through his hair.
“You’re gonna be just fine, baby.” I said. He smiled, looking over at me. He turned to me, kneeling in front of me now. He took my stomach in his hands and gently kissed it. I felt my cheeks getting red, looking around to see if anyone was watching, but then I looked back at Kellin. Who cares if anyone was watching. The father of my child was showing how much he loved his baby. What was wrong with that. I smiled.

“We’re gonna be ready for you once you get here..” He said. He kissed my stomach again. “We’re gonna be ready, and we’re gonna be the best parents anyone has ever seen. We’re gonna love you, and show you just how beautiful you are..” My heart was racing. He was beautiful.
Finally, he got up, and held my face in his hands, kissing my lips. I felt my knees start to get weak. How did I get so lucky?

He stared into my eyes, smiling, gently taking my hand.
We ventured around the rest of the store, trying to get ideas for the baby. We had to start somewhere.