Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 136.

My heart was racing as we pulled up to the hospital. I quickly got out of the car.

“I’m gonna park, and then meet you inside.” Kellin said. My heart stopped. He saw my face.
“I’ll be right in, Jess. You’re gonna be just fine.” I sighed, tightly grabbing Jenna’s hand as she brought me inside. My hands were sweating. I felt bad for gripping so tightly.

“You’re gonna be okay.” She said. I was breathing heavier; the pain was getting worse.
Jenna got everything figured out with my room, and soon I was being wheeled away. I gripped on tightly to the chair.

“Where is he.” He moaned, holding on to my stomach.
“He’ll be here, Jess. Don’t worry.” Jenna said softly.
And before I knew it, I was in the hospital bed. The pain only got worse. My breathing was heavy. Finally, Kellin quickly walked in, coming over to my side. I grabbed his hand, and squeezed tightly. He leaned down, kissing my forehead.

“You’re gonna be fine, Jess.” He said softly. I squeezed tighter. I could feel the tears coming back.
“What if I can’t do it..” I said. He kissed me again.
“You can do it, Jess. I know you can.” I sighed.
Finally, my doctor came in. He spoke with the nurse for a few minutes, and then stood in front of me.
“Alright, Mrs. Quinn, you’re ready to push.” I bit down hard on my lip, but my heart jumped. Mrs. Quinn. I still loved the sound of it.

I squeezed Kellin’s hand as hard as I could, and pushed.