Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 14.

I quick jumped into the car and flew down the road to the hospital. My mind was racing so fast I couldn’t think straight. I could only see Kellin’s car with flames, flipped upside down on the highway.
I needed to get to the hospital quick, and hopefully avoiding the same fate as him.
I quickly run in, and approach the front desk, where I was greeted by a less than friendly receptionist.
“Quinn?” I asked. She looked at me, then scrolled through her computer.
“Room 2-16A” She said in her monotone voice. “The 2nd floor.”
I completely passed the elevators and ran up the stairs, skipping two to three steps each time. Finally, I got to his room.
It was empty. No one else was there, except Kellin, sitting up in his hospital bed. The IV was plugged in, and he gently played with a small toy that had been left of the side table. I sighed. He was okay. His hair was a mess, and he was in a light blue hospital gown. I didn’t care what he looked like. My heart started beating faster as I walked inside. He looked up, and smiled.
“Of all people..” He sighed. I just smiled at him. “How’d you know?” He asked. I just shrugged my shoulders. It was impossible for me to talk. I walked over to him and sat in the chair closest to the head of his bed. He put down the toy and looked at me.
“I was on my way to see you..” He said, looking down. I felt my face blush.
“But I thought..” He stopped me.
“I never went to Marissa’s” He said softly. “I never even thought to. I got in my car and, force of habit, just started to drive to your house. I even got you flowers but.. they got ruined.” I giggled and just stared at him. He was beautiful. He was perfect. He was everything I wanted and more.
He looked back.
“Say something?” He asked. I sighed.
“Is there room for me?” He blushed, but smiled, moving over in his bed.
I gently climbed in, laying my head on his chest, and wrapping my arm around him. He held me close to him. It wasn’t long before his breathing on my forehead became lighter and slower, and I knew he had fallen asleep. I gently took his hand and intertwined our fingers. I looked up at him. He was even perfect when he was asleep. His sweet, innocent face. He deserved the world. And I wanted to give him the world. But I suppose that could wait until morning. I gently pushed the hair out of his face and kissed his cheek before dozing off as well.