Status: enjoy.

Postcards and Polaroids

Chapter 141.

The next morning, I was woken up by Kellin knocking on the door, he let himself in. I sat up, rubbing my eyes.

"Good morning" He said, giving me a big smile. In one arm he held a diaper bag, the other, Copeland. I would be surprised if he had actually ever put her down since the first time I handed her to him. She seemed comfortable, happy, safe. I knew she would always be safe in her daddy's arms.

Finally, he came over to me, kissing me on the forehead.
"You ready to head home, mommy?" He said cheerfully. I loved this Kellin. He was so happy, so full of life.
"Yeah.." I sighed. "Do we h-" He stopped me.
"I got everything packed already. Everything is out in the bus." He stood near the doorway, smiling at me. I couldn't help but smile back. He was so excited. I got myself out of bed, and made my way to the bathroom. Is that really what I looked like all this time? I sighed, trying to fix myself up as best as I could.

"Ready.." I said. He smiled at me, motioning towards the door. He sighed.
"I'd hold your hand but.." He lifted the diaper bag with one hand. I giggled.
"It's okay.." I said "One time won't hurt." He smiled, his cheeks turning red.

We got onto the bus, and Kellin brought Copeland straight to the back bedroom. I followed. He set up a little blanket over our comforter. He then very gently placed her on the blanket, and sat close to her. I giggled.
"You're.. you're so cute." I said. He looked up at me, smirking. I sighed, sitting across from him.
"She's beautiful.." I said. He nodded, looking over at me.
"We make a cute kid.." He said quietly. I nodded back, biting my lip. My heart was racing. We made this. We created a life together. Sure, it happened all the time. But, when it finally happens to you, it's surreal.

Copeland would occasionally kick her legs around at the sound of Kellin's voice. He enjoyed that. Then, she looked up at me. I was face to face with a little girl, with Kellin's large eyes; a little too big for her head right now, but she'd grow into them. I couldn't but smile. I leaned down, gently kissing the top of her head. She smiled, reaching up. I gently took her in my arms, holding her close to me. I felt her tiny hands cling onto my shirt. She was warm, and had that new baby smell. I knew Kellin loved the baby smell. It explained why he held her non stop the passed few days.

She cuddled close, pressing her face against my chest. I sighed, kissing her head again.

This was my baby. I looked over to see Kellin sitting up, staring at me, smiling. Our baby. He caught me smiling at him.
"What?" He asked, giving me that same familiar smirk. I shook my head.

"Nothing.." I said quietly. "I just.. if it was possible.. for me to fall even more in love with you.. then I am."